Mothering Forum banner

Belly Thread

8K views 118 replies 21 participants last post by  bluedaisy 
#1 ·
Since it's pretty much my favourite part of DDCs.... I'll start the belly thread.

Mine is mostly bloat, with a bit of fat and diastasis recti for good measure. I normally look only a bit less pregnant than this, so not really showing yet. 5w1d

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I look much farther than only 6 weeks pregnant here. But then again, who's to say that 6 weeks isn't almost 2 months, and isn't 2 months long enough to start showing? Especially if this is your fourth pregnancy :wink:. That's right, I thought so. My stomach had been looking nice and flat though, finally! It took a lot of effort and barely lasted long enough to brag about. Figures. >:D Sorry I'm sideways. Maybe I'll get around to fixing it.

#6 ·
I have a lower belly pudge - meaning - it's just fat and none of it even 'can' be the baby/uterus as it's just so dang small now, so I don't think I'll be posting anything ... not really into showing off my extreme laziness-induced fat deposit >:D

Y'all go ahead though :x:grin:

Reactions: LizLamb
#7 ·
Oh, wow, this baby is showing waaaaay before #1 did. How do 2nd timers keep this secret for a whole trimester? Here I am this morning, 9w and 3-ish days.
(speaking of #1 , there he is in the background, rocking his spiderman pj's)

Attachments

#8 ·
Tegan - wow you are totally showing already!
I've lost weight since starting this cycle, but between swollen ovaries and two babies lol I just look like I have a nice fat pouch!

#9 ·
Pretty sure I'm the farthest along since I'm due April 1st ;-) but still not showing. Have a tipped-back uterus so that's pretty normal for me. Makes for some awkward moments during trans-vag u/s when they're trying to get the angles right :blush Especially when your then-18 year old daughter's in the room.

Anyway, I'll post one next go-round. Promise!

#11 ·
Gale winds - lol I had that problem, lots of gymnastics on the bed - but only dh to see luckily! Apparently my ovaries are still swollen from ivf.
Tmosweet - that's a cute bump, definitely looks pg!

#12 ·
I am beyond excited to see other women showing too!! Even if it boat :-D

I was feeling I am poking out way sooner than my last pregnancy but this is my 4th pregnancy (2 living babies 1 angel) 5w 2d

Attachments

#14 ·
I look pregnant, but to be honest, I looked the same way even before I got pregnant ... but that is partially due to the fact I lost my last pregnancy at 14 weeks (the baby died 12weeks 2 days) and by then I was definitely looking pregnant. I didn't exactly try to loose the little belly afterwards and got pregnant again four months later (this pregnancy). So, posting a picture of my belly just doesn't feel ... right?

Pretty bellies, though! Don't forget most of it really is just bloating though :wink: Also, you might look pregnant to yourself, but believe me, surroundings won't pick up on that for a good long time ... unless you give out hints. So don't stress about having to tell people at work and so forth.

Reactions: kylaskye
#15 ·
I gained 85lbs with my first child so went to 210, and when I finally get to loosing weight I become pregnant again! I was 230 after my last and I am 195 now (I just lost 30lbs! GRRR!). I dont show until I am like 6mo because of this :(

My skin has no stretch at all so a ton of loose skin, hangs past my pelvis. I use a support undershirt to hold my droopy skin up which makes me look way bigger. It is preally depressing because I want to have a cute bump :(

#16 ·
Don't fret, sweetie! Your amazing body has carried to term three healthy babies and is now doing the same for your fourth! It's amazing and miraculous and I know of plenty folks that would LOVE to have that amazing body of yours!

Hugs!

#17 ·
I agree with Wilehlmina! Our bodies are amazing, and it is very self-sacrificial to put them aside for the sake of our babies...

You are beautiful because you are a life-bearer!

#18 ·
Oh, I know! It is just these hormones that are making it extra hard! All my friends who have had babies, you can't even tell! I am so jealous of them! I got the raw end of the deal with saggy skin and my body looks like a road map, with deep roads, from my knees to my shoulders to my arms. I wasn, t pregnant in my arms or knees -_-. But, I do know many others would trade in an instant to be able to birth a child, so I am grateful for that. Like I said, hormones!

Reactions: Wilhelmina
#21 ·
Totally got my 'bloat' on and rocking the podge. I'm sure that people who don't know I'm pregnant think something's up because I'm usually in better shape.... I've cropped my face out but wanted to leave my boobs in- I've never had more than half a handful and I'm sure they didn't grow until the end last time. I'm about 11wks here....

Attachments

#22 ·
Cute bellies, even if they are still mostly bloat!

I'll wait a few weeks to post my pics - depending on the time of the day my belly varies widely. In the morning I don't look pregnant at all, by the end of the day I look about 4 months! Must be all the salt I'm craving

#24 ·
I wore my pants unbuttoned with a pregnancy belt for the first time yesterday, so my stomach is definitely getting thicker, though most of my clothes still fit ok. Anyone in maternity clothes yet?

With my first I showed very late (I have a very long torso) - I visited friends when I was 24 weeks pregnant and they told me I hardly looked pregnant - but with my second I think I had popped by 14 weeks...I'm 11 weeks now so maybe I'll be showing soon...

#25 ·
Since I wear primarily boho/peasant type skirts, I just had to change the tops mostly. I started wearing maternity shirts at about 5 weeks. I usually show pretty quickly because of all these babies, but that was even fast.

I look about the same now with twins that I usually do at 18 weeks. If I didn't have trouble figuring out how to get my pictures stored now that I dropped a laptop for a Chromebook, I'd have posted belly shots already..hopefully my husband can put them here somewhere and I can post.

I'm also feeling two tiny baby flutters..it's amazing!

#26 ·
Blue daisy - I've lost weight so far, around 2.5kg, but despite that I've not been able to tolerate anything without comfortable elastic around my tummy for weeks (10 weeks today) I had to buy a maternity bra a week or more ago - the others were so uncomfortable I kept taking them off lol.
Quiver - I'm finding many of my skirts (with zips) the same discomfort as pants... Luckily we are heading into spring and I love a soft maxi dress - that should cover everything!
5 weeks! Man that is super early! As this is my first my body is taking time popping out - but with the two I ran out of space for me and food weeks ago lol... I think popping would be awesome!
Btw - wow re baby flutters!!! 12 weeks right? Ok hopefully by then... It's interesting to think mine are 3.5cm long, yours are already around 9! So much growth about to happen.

#31 ·
I have a recently-turned two year old son, and I feel like my belly is very similar! Glad to know I'm not the only one with a second-baby showing sooner. You look very glowy, @teegan db !

Reactions: teegan db
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.