Threatened Miscairrage - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

#1 of 35 Old 08-27-2014, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Threatened Miscairrage

Had a rough few days, went to the ER a few days ago because of bleeding, was sent home and told to wait for a gyno to call. Saw the gyno today and he found the heartbeat, after the emotionally exhausting few days I have had I am elated. He said I had a threatening miscarriage and the bleeding has stopped. I'm still worried but I will definitely rest easier tonight. I was contemplating another baby after this one but I don't think I can go through this stress and worry ever again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 35 Old 08-27-2014, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So scary! My thoughts are with you.
#3 of 35 Old 08-27-2014, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!
#4 of 35 Old 08-28-2014, 06:59 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm so super glad there's still a heartbeat.

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
#5 of 35 Old 08-28-2014, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I'm sorry that you had to go through that! I'm really happy that everything looks fine otherwise! Fingers crossed for a sticky healthy bean!!!

Proud mommy to our stellar Stella (3/2011). Cautiously expecting our in April 2015 after loosing a sweet little angel in April 2014.
#6 of 35 Old 08-28-2014, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh I'm spotting again, I'm supposed to just rest how do you rest with a 7 year old and a 1 year old running around? I just want to go to bed and cry I'm so stressed out.
#7 of 35 Old 08-28-2014, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
@mrsb ojangles how are you doing? It's impossible to get rest with other kids around. They need to be taken care of, fed, etc. I really hope you and baby are well.

Homeschooling, homebirthing mom to 3 (10, 5 and 2). Fourth expected in late March (yeah right, I carry forever). Probably mid-April!
#8 of 35 Old 08-28-2014, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Spotting has subsided again, just trying to remind myself that the heartbeat was strong and there is no pain, so not to yet completely lose my mind. It's so hard not to fear the worst.
#9 of 35 Old 08-29-2014, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 368 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Mrsbonjangles - hugs on the trauma, try and breath, and just get through one day at a time... I had to do that with ivf meds to get through... Have you got a friend/family with kids who can come and take yours for some days? Or spend time at yours? Also if there's no pain some women do have bleeding. Essentially your stress is the biggest concern right now, if you can find ways to relax your body won't be as tense (der sorry) basically be kind to yourself! Fx all works out well!
#10 of 35 Old 08-29-2014, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you; unfortunately my partner works away from home and my family lives in South America so I have been letting my kids run wild and tear the house apart (supervised of course) haha. Anyway I went back to the Dr. Today he put me on a progesterone prescription and thinks the problem could be my hormones, I mean I'm still breastfeeding and when I got pregnant it had only been 14 months since my last pregnancy so it makes sense my hormones are still a little wonky. I mean I have no pain, the heartbeat was strong, the bleeding is really light so I just need to keep reminding myself of that!
#11 of 35 Old 09-01-2014, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hey there. This is my first pregnancy and I too am having a little brown/pink spotting. I am 7w1d. No pain. I did some research online and it seems like it is a common occurrence and doesn't necessarily indicate miscarriage. It is definitely stressful, though. I want to run to the hospital and have them show me the baby on an u/s but it wouldn't change anything. Either the baby will stay in there or it won't! I'm scheduled for my first appointment a week from today.
#12 of 35 Old 09-05-2014, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hey mrsbonjangles, I'm in the same situation as you with the spotting scare. Sounds almost identical actually and it's nearly all I can think about.
Hoping it subsides for us both ASAP!
#13 of 35 Old 09-06-2014, 05:17 AM

Hey guys,

There are some people who spot during their entire pregnancy. Also, you are pretty early. When I was about 4 weeks, I spotted on the exact date I was to get my period. Actually, I didn't know I was pregnant then. I was expecting my period, so I didn't think anything of it, until it stopped. Then, I was like - whaaaa?

Homeschooling, homebirthing mom to 3 (10, 5 and 2). Fourth expected in late March (yeah right, I carry forever). Probably mid-April!
#14 of 35 Old 09-06-2014, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

I hope it is okay for both of you, I have went three days without spotting which is the most I have went since this started almost two weeks ago. Been trying to take it as easy as possible. I ordered a fetal Doppler that should get here next week so I can be sure everything is okay and not have to wait until the end of the month for my appointment and u/s. Sending you spotters healthy pregnancy vibes!!!
#15 of 35 Old 09-06-2014, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello the fetal.doppler is very unhealthy for the baby I wouldn't recommend it
#16 of 35 Old 09-06-2014, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Glad you're keeping us posted; I've been thinking about you all weekend! Word of caution about that doppler: It is often very hard even for medical professionals to find heartbeats on our hospital-grade dopplers, even at > 12 weeks, even when the baby is perfectly healthy, so PLEASE don't fret too much if you can't find it!

L (40), wife to C (40), mom to dd C (19) freshman in college and world traveller, and ds K (16) ballet dancer and high school junior, and expecting #3 April 1st 2015. I'm a homeschool veteran (12 yrs) and full-time RN, my first two were natural hospital births and I breastfed both of them. Also, I won't tell you how much my kids weighed at birth, and I'll never ask anyone else, because I think it's TMI to know how much poundage someone passed through their wawaha.
#17 of 35 Old 09-06-2014, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Fetal dopplers are not unhealthy, they just aren't recommended because it can difficult to find heartbeat if you are an untrained professional.
#18 of 35 Old 09-06-2014, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleWinds View Post
Glad you're keeping us posted; I've been thinking about you all weekend! Word of caution about that doppler: It is often very hard even for medical professionals to find heartbeats on our hospital-grade dopplers, even at > 12 weeks, even when the baby is perfectly healthy, so PLEASE don't fret too much if you can't find it!
Thank you
#19 of 35 Old 09-09-2014, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi I've been MIA a few weeks as I've been on holiday. But this morning I bled brown blood, it was more than spotting, less than a period. It's stopped now, but got me scared. I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks a couple of months before getting pregnant with my daughter. I'm waiting to hear about having a scan.
#20 of 35 Old 09-09-2014, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Thinking of you, Serena... praying all is well for you!

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother to 8: 17 (our 1st homeschool graduate!), 12, 11, 9, 5, 4, 2 and with blessing #9 and #10 due to arrive April 2015

#21 of 35 Old 09-09-2014, 11:44 AM

@serena76 It seems like old blood. Active bleeding is not brown. Likely, it's from implantation that is just coming out now.

Keep us updated.

#22 of 35 Old 09-09-2014, 03:20 PM

Serena - hugs! I've also heard as the babies placenta starts to develop and attach to a larger section of wall it can cause some bleeding. Let us know how your scan goes!
#23 of 35 Old 09-09-2014, 03:32 PM

@serena76 I was told the same about the placenta, that @chuord said, by my midwife. I've been having issues with bleeding and "brown discharge/blood" as well. It began 1 week & 2 days ago about 30 minutes post intercourse. It got bad enough I went to the ER where everything checked out fine. I've still been dealing with it, sometimes it seems to stop but starts back up. It's very un-nerving but I'm also dealing with extreme nausea, vomitting and exhaustion.
I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and I really hope this stops ASAP so I can enjoy this pregnancy more and not be so concerned with the worst.
Best of luck to you and try to get some rest!
#24 of 35 Old 09-10-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbonjangles View Post
Fetal dopplers are not unhealthy, they just aren't recommended because it can difficult to find heartbeat if you are an untrained professional.
Now, let me preface this by saying I'm not posting this to scare anyone, just to introduce healthy amount of doubt: http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articl...undrodgers.asp

And there is so much more about this on the web and most of it seems to be substantiated at least to a certain extent. Maybe not, the autism part.

The recommendation still remains for ultrasound to be used only in specific cases and for specific reasons.

Again, I'm not anti-ultrasound. During my pregnancy with my daughter I had 4 of them and she seems fine (she's 3.5). However back then I wasn't aware of this and now that I am, I'm planning to have 2 ultrasounds in total, unless otherwise indicated.

Doubt is healthy both ways, of course.

Proud mommy to our stellar Stella (3/2011). Cautiously expecting our in April 2015 after loosing a sweet little angel in April 2014.
#25 of 35 Old 09-10-2014, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelmina View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbonjangles View Post
Now, let me preface this by saying I'm not posting this to scare anyone, just to introduce healthy amount of doubt: http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articl...undrodgers.asp

And there is so much more about this on the web and most of it seems to be substantiated at least to a certain extent. Maybe not, the autism part.

The recommendation still remains for ultrasound to be used only in specific cases and for specific reasons.

Again, I'm not anti-ultrasound. During my pregnancy with my daughter I had 4 of them and she seems fine (she's 3.5). However back then I wasn't aware of this and now that I am, I'm planning to have 2 ultrasounds in total, unless otherwise indicated.

Doubt is healthy both ways, of course.

Fetal dopplers are not the same thing as an ultrasound.

What is the difference between a fetal doppler and a ultrasound scanner?

There appears to be some confusion surrounding the perceived differences between the ultrasound machines (sonogram machines) used to obtain an image and fetal heartbeat monitors which allows you to listen to your baby's heartbeat.

Although both technologies use sound waves to obtain information, the waves from an ultrasound machine are much higher (over 40 times higher) than that of a fetal heartbeat monitor. Also, the frequency and variation of probe use (between 2,5-10 MHz probes) and output levels (up to 740 watts) require that only a trained ultrasound technician should perform an ultrasound whereas a fetal heartbeat monitor only has few probe (2,3,4,8 MHz) and one output level (less than 20 watts) so it can be easily and safely used by anyone.

Also, a fetal doppler is not the same thing as a blood flow doppler (used to check for abnormalities in the umbilical cord). Ultrasound machines used to obtain pictures along with fetal doppler umbilical cord testing are medical procedures that should only be performed by a licensed technician. Fetal heartbeat monitors have been used for well over 50 years and are approved for use at home by pregnant women.

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding the rental of a fetal doppler for home use please call or email us or speak with your healthcare provide
#26 of 35 Old 09-10-2014, 04:05 PM

There are so many things that could increase the prevalence of autism - my neuro (local professor) believes that increased folic acid intake is to blame...
#27 of 35 Old 09-11-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post
There are so many things that could increase the prevalence of autism - my neuro (local professor) believes that increased folic acid intake is to blame...
Yeah, I'm definitely not sold on the autism and ultrasound link. I don't think only one thing is to blame for rise of autism. It's probably a combination of factors. Not sold on the folic acid either. All I know is lack of or too little folic acid is definitely super dangerous to the developing fetus.

#28 of 35 Old 09-11-2014, 03:55 PM

Hi everyone. So this morning I woke up around 6am to use the bathroom and found that I was bleeding bright red. I wiped several times and it was still coming out -- looked like the beginning of a period. Noticed bleeding happening until probably around 10am. It seems to have stopped, and there was never any pain so I'm hoping for the best! My midwife said it can be totally normal, but that its still too early to hear the heartbeat so my options are to wait and see what happens next and/or to order an ultrasound to see if everything's ok. I feel like I shouldn't freak out and just wait to see how my symptoms are in the next few days.

Scary! Not what I wanted to see this morning, and I'm praying it doesn't come back...

#29 of 35 Old 09-11-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickweed View Post
Hi everyone. So this morning I woke up around 6am to use the bathroom and found that I was bleeding bright red. I wiped several times and it was still coming out -- looked like the beginning of a period. Noticed bleeding happening until probably around 10am. It seems to have stopped, and there was never any pain so I'm hoping for the best! My midwife said it can be totally normal, but that its still too early to hear the heartbeat so my options are to wait and see what happens next and/or to order an ultrasound to see if everything's ok. I feel like I shouldn't freak out and just wait to see how my symptoms are in the next few days.

Scary! Not what I wanted to see this morning, and I'm praying it doesn't come back...
Hey there! Sorry to hear you have this going on. I had something very similar about 1.5 weeks ago. It went from bright red to pink and now I've still had brown daily. Everything checked out fine on u/s but it's still very un-nerving. & I have a lot of vomitting going on which all the jerking tends to make things pick up a bit too. Ugh. *hugs* to you and I hope it's nothing to worry about
#30 of 35 Old 09-11-2014, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickweed View Post

Thinking of you, chickweed...it's no fun to be worried. Praying all things turn out wonderfully

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother to 8: 17 (our 1st homeschool graduate!), 12, 11, 9, 5, 4, 2 and with blessing #9 and #10 due to arrive April 2015

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page