Mothering Forum banner

How's your libido?

877 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  tm0sweet 
#1 · (Edited)
Is anyone else feeling a spike in their libido? Is it less/more than before you became pregnant? Are you still in the first trimester funk? How are things changing for you?

#2 ·
It's great and I have lots of vivid, sexy dreams, too. But I'm still on pelvic rest :-( so still quite limited in what I am allowed to do.

#3 ·
Despite being sick still I am with you. I was like this during the first trimester tho too. I'm normally a pretty sexual person but there are some days now during the second trimester where it never seems enough, I just need a break for a little bit. Haha

#4 ·
That is how I usually am during pregnancy but this time is the exact opposite. I have a total aversion to sex and when I have tried to "take one for the team" it's so uncomfortable and gives me contractions :-( I'm so bummed out. DH is being very verbally supportive and understanding, but I know it's hard on him, especially since he's used to me jumping him at every opportunity while I'm pregnant.

#6 ·
Ladies, I am happy for you all. My libido is dead...and I hope it will be resurrected someday soon. My hubby is very understanding, but I feel bad for him. Crazy thing is we had a great sex life pre-pregnancy. I am just not in the mood. And nothing gets me there. Every couple of weeks I'll give him a taste. LOL

Belle

#7 ·
LorenaAZ, we'll have to give some new positions a try if I'm ever in the mood again! My usual pregnancy go-to's are just not working this time.

Belle, hopefully things turn around for both of us soon! I've been trying to remind myself (and DH) that I need to respect my body and trust myself to know what I want and need. Every so often I sink into this feeling of being broken and that is NOT the right mindset.

#8 ·
I usually don't have a crazy libido, but sex has been the last thing on my mind lately. Gave it a go the other night and it really wasn't working for me. I felt so sensitive on the inside -- almost like there was a speculum in there -- not a good feeling. Is that normal?

#9 ·
@chickweed,

Everything is engorged in the genital area during pregnancy. It definitely makes things more sensitive. Some women find it wonderful, and others don't care for it. For me, I just prefer to be touched differently in pregnancy so it's not too much "direct" pressure, without going into detail ;)

I hope this helps!

#10 ·
chickweed - if it was painful you might want to ask your midwife/OB about it.

I definitely get more sensitive when I'm pg, though my libido usually stays about the same. I like the extra sensitivity because things, uh, finish quite quickly, which means I don't have to sacrifice sleep to have some fun with DH!

Reactions: NizhoniTwice
#12 ·
Thanks for the concern everyone! Well, it turns out that the incident in question was the early signs of a yeast infection :( It's been so long since I had one I didn't even recognize the symptoms at first. So right now treating with yogurt, apple cider vinegar, and picking up an herbal antifungal suppository from my midwife this morning. Hopefully I kick it quickly -- its gonna be damn hard avoiding sugar this week, though! I guess this is good preparation for parenthood -- accepting things happening at the most inconvenient time possible. ;)

#13 ·
I feel your pain chickweed! I had a yeast infection that I didn't recognize for a solid month or so. Garlic suppositories are what did the trick for me. Hope you heal up soon!

So I figured out my aversion was an allergic reaction to one of the supplements I've been taking. Stopped taking them and we've been happily DTD again. Hallelujah! I plan to see an allergist and get tested so I can figure out exactly what was bothering me and I can resume taking the other supplements again. I've gone a week without a prenatal vitamin or anything but, man am I glad to have my bottom half feeling normal again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.