Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

#1 of 37 Old 09-01-2014, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
in week 6 and spotting

Hi ladies,

I have almost completed 6 weeks, and have had some spotting since last Thursday. It's not a lot, started as just a tiny bit of brown. This weekend it turned a little clotty, and very, very dark... almost black. No red, no cramps or anything like that... and still not a lot. Mostly when I wipe, although a few drops in the toilet.

I'm going to try to get an appointment with an OB tomorrow to see what's going on, but I am super worried. I went to my regular doctor on Friday and she said I shouldn't be worried right now, and to go to OB if it turns to fresh blood and cramping.

Need some positive, sticky baby thoughts please. The clot last night was gooey and scary. Has this happened to anyone here? Thanks again. Btw I am due April 28 or 29, but feel more at home in the May due date club
#2 of 37 Old 09-01-2014, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrynight82 View Post
Hi ladies,

I have almost completed 6 weeks, and have had some spotting since last Thursday. It's not a lot, started as just a tiny bit of brown. This weekend it turned a little clotty, and very, very dark... almost black. No red, no cramps or anything like that... and still not a lot. Mostly when I wipe, although a few drops in the toilet.

I'm going to try to get an appointment with an OB tomorrow to see what's going on, but I am super worried. I went to my regular doctor on Friday and she said I shouldn't be worried right now, and to go to OB if it turns to fresh blood and cramping.

Need some positive, sticky baby thoughts please. The clot last night was gooey and scary. Has this happened to anyone here? Thanks again. Btw I am due April 28 or 29, but feel more at home in the May due date club
Sending sticky baby vibes for you, mama!

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#3 of 37 Old 09-01-2014, 08:06 PM

Spotting during early pregnancy can be from a few different things (recent sex is one of them, low progesterone another), but dark, scant blood can be one sign of ectopic pregnancy. If you start to experience any other symptoms that would lead you to believe you may possibly have an ectopic pregnancy, get in with your OB immediately or go to the ER.

Ectopic pregnancy is rare, so you are probably not experiencing it!! I do not want to alarm you! Just wanted to share the info just in case.

Ectopic Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...s/con-20024262

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#4 of 37 Old 09-02-2014, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No experience but sending lots of good sticky thoughts your way. I hope the doctor can help you figure out what's going on. Keep us updated.
#5 of 37 Old 09-02-2014, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you very much, everyone. I have not been able to get an appointment with any OB that I've called so far, so I think I'll go the ER or walk-in clinic at the hospital this afternoon when I have a break in my work schedule. So many OBs don't take new patients and the rest are booked our 2-3 weeks - how are you ever supposed to get in to see an OB?! So frustrating. I'd rather not go to urgent care b/c I want to be at a hospital with OB or more specialty care.

Still seeing brown spotting when I wipe, with some small stringy tissue thing this morning. No pain or cramping. Ugh.
#6 of 37 Old 09-02-2014, 10:40 AM

I don't really have any thoughts or words of wisdom, but wanted to send some sticky vibes your way. Hope all is well and you get some answers soon!
#7 of 37 Old 09-02-2014, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Sending lots of stick vibes your way!
#8 of 37 Old 09-02-2014, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I'm so sorry you haven't been able to see someone yet. I don't have experience with this, but am sending you lots of good thoughts.

mom to Atticus, born 08/27/12, and baby #2 due 05/07/15.
#9 of 37 Old 09-02-2014, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

update

thanks again, ladies!

I ended up going to the hospital this afternoon (my awesome hubby took the afternoon off from work). I saw an OB through their walk in clinic. My urine test showed I'm still pregnant (not surprising either way), they did a blood test for beta hcg which came back at 1653, and she did a speculum exam and a vaginal ultrasound. She saw the sac, but said it was way too early to see fetus or hear heartbeat (my last period was July 23rd) I asked her if it was ectopic, and she said likely not b/c the sac was in the uterus. Overall, she didn't seem too concerned about the spotting. Said ovaries looked fine. Said my uterus is tipped (had some ouch moments during the exam!). She didn't see any fresh bleeding, and after I described my clots and string thing, she said it those were blood clots and mucus coming from my uterus and she doesn't know why.

She summed it up as a threatened miscarriage, and said I have to get my betas tested again in 3 days. She helped me get an appointment with another OB at the hospital. The visit alone was worth it for that hook up.

So now it's wait and see, and try to stay calm.

Thanks again for the sticky baby vibes.
wombjuice likes this.
#10 of 37 Old 09-03-2014, 07:50 AM

I'm glad you got in to see someone and she said that an ectopic was unlikely. I hope the bleeding stops for good and you can have a care free pregnancy from now on. Good luck in the next few days.
#11 of 37 Old 09-03-2014, 09:42 AM

So glad you got to see someone! And no fresh blood is a good sign, right? Hoping all goes well.
#12 of 37 Old 09-03-2014, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. Spotting is continuing but more maroonish - red based today. Not bright, red blood - but not as brown as before. :/ It's strange, almost like a very, very, very light period. I have to wear a liner, and it's not to fill it up but it's not a little dot either. No more clots.

I'm getting my betas checked again in the morning. I hope they have gone up since yesterday.
#13 of 37 Old 09-03-2014, 10:26 PM

So glad you got some good news...fingers crossed those numbers keep going up!
#14 of 37 Old 09-04-2014, 04:39 AM

Good luck at your appointment today!

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#15 of 37 Old 09-04-2014, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you PennyWhistle and Abraisme!

I saw a different OB this morning, and I must say she is a gem! Excellent bedside manner, not rushed at all, and very patient and comforting.

Hopefully I'll get my beta results in a few hours, she put a rush on it.

She did a pelvic exam with speculum and her finger, and she also saw the spotting and clot (and again it was like a period, more reddish and gooey). She said it was not active bleeding and my cervix is closed. She also did a belly ultrasound and saw the sac. Too soon for vaginal US since I just had one on Tuesday.

She told me that she's seen all sorts of cases - women who bled and had a healthy full term baby (one of those cases bled every day!), other whose hcg levels were low but had a healthy baby, others where bleeding was start of miscarriage.

She said we'll know more once we get the beta results, and if they aren't good I will come back and talk about next steps.

She reassured me that this is the worst part, b/c it's truly a "wait and see" period. I got a little teary eyed at one point and she gave me a hug and reassured me that no matter what happened I would be fine and we would get through it.

Pelvic rest, no heavy lifting...and wait and see. thanks for reading and letting me share to get this off my chest.
#16 of 37 Old 09-04-2014, 10:59 AM

So glad you have such a great doctor on your side. Keep us posted.

#17 of 37 Old 09-04-2014, 01:59 PM

Glad to hear you have a nice doctor, and hoping you got some good beta news!

mama to ds 6, dd 4, & ds 2
#18 of 37 Old 09-04-2014, 08:45 PM

So glad your doctor was amazing.
#19 of 37 Old 09-05-2014, 02:08 AM

that sounds positive I hope all continues to be well for you xx

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2
#20 of 37 Old 09-05-2014, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter

Dr said I am going to miscarry. Beta levels are not normal. 1638 on tues and only 1800 yesterday. I supposed to be in week 7 now where low end of range is much much higher. Plus been bleeding way more and had a lot of lower back pain last night. In tears. This really sucks.
#21 of 37 Old 09-05-2014, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Ah Starrynight, I am so sorry. I was there with my last pregnancy and it is never easy to have a loss. I wish for you some peace in this hard time. ((hugs))

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
#22 of 37 Old 09-05-2014, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayon View Post
Ah Starrynight, I am so sorry. I was there with my last pregnancy and it is never easy to have a loss. I wish for you some peace in this hard time. ((hugs))

thank you so much, crayon. what a rollercoaster. Moments of peace then I feel sad again. But it is what it is, and this baby was just not meant to me. Hopefully I'll have better luck next time.
#23 of 37 Old 09-05-2014, 08:18 AM

starrynight, I am so sorry to hear that. A loss is so very hard, no matter when it comes. the pregnancy and loss board was really comforting to me when I miscarried a few years ago. Wishing you peace through this time, and please take care of yourself.

mama to ds 6, dd 4, & ds 2
#24 of 37 Old 09-05-2014, 08:58 AM

I'm so sorry starrynight, I've been there too and it really sucks. I hope you can find some lasting peace and comfort soon.
#25 of 37 Old 09-05-2014, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrynight82 View Post
thank you so much, crayon. what a rollercoaster. Moments of peace then I feel sad again. But it is what it is, and this baby was just not meant to me. Hopefully I'll have better luck next time.
It is a rollercoaster. I remember being "ok, these things happen" then breaking down screaming in the car "I WANTED THIS BABY"...

Over all I think I was at peace with the fact my body was not ready- I had gotten pregnant right after an IUD (of nearly 9 years) removal.

I did get pregnant my first real cycle after the loss. So, as hard as this is, I hope for you to have some comfort.

Feel free to message me. I found the loss boards were helpful up until I miscarried (it took me a very long time to MC) but after that, It was more "reliving" and I wanted to "move forward".

I actually was very open about it on my FB page, and personally, that helped. I had a lot of people that were "acquaintances" reach out to me about their loss and what to expect and that was so comforting. I had a friend who lost 6- and then went on to have triplets. Bless her heart. And sadly, this is a boat that no one else understands unless they have been there.

No one in my family had had any losses- so I was like in a lone raft lost at sea. Having a few women gather around me and support me, did make all the difference. I would suggest, if you are choosing to have a natural MC, as I did, that you ask your doctor for some pain meds and pick them up. That was the one thing I was totally unprepared for. Day 1 sucked, and day 2 felt like a mac truck hit me like 40 times plus emotions were the worst that day. Day 3 was better.

I am here anytime you need.

Sending lots of love to you.

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
#26 of 37 Old 09-05-2014, 09:02 AM

you poor thing. take really good care of yourself and ask for help and supporr from those around you that you can. Big hugs xxx

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2
#27 of 37 Old 09-05-2014, 09:20 AM

Oh, I'm so very sorry. Thinking of you.
#28 of 37 Old 09-05-2014, 09:35 AM

I'm so so sorry. I hope that everything is as smooth as possible. Sending you lots of love.

#29 of 37 Old 09-05-2014, 09:56 AM

I'm so sorry, sweet mama. Sending you peace, love, and healing during this process.

#30 of 37 Old 09-05-2014, 12:11 PM

:s:: I'm very sorry for you loss.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page