Mothering Forum banner

What made your past DDCs fun?

708 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  zubeldia 
#1 ·
For those of us who've been here before, what did you like about previous DDCs?

I remember enjoying a spotlight activity in one of mine. Someone took names of mamas who wanted to participate, and then would pick someone at random and post a spotlight thread every few days and we could all ask her questions and get to know her a little better.

#2 ·
It was on a different forum but we did that in my DDC for my daughter. It was a lot of fun. :)

We had a lot of chat and GTKY threads that were especially nice while we were all new. Picture threads are always fun. Ours opted not to do this but some other groups for virtual baby showers/gift exchanges.

#4 ·
I've loved spotlight threads for members who want to participate -- one member is featured per week and fellow members can ask questions.

Birth bead exchanges have been fun and powerful.

I also participated in a handmade baby gift exchange that was really sweet!

#7 ·
In my last DDC we had a weekly check-in. It had a standard format and then room for comments at the end. I think it included things like how far along are you, scheduled appointments, level of exercise, new things you were feeling, worries, etc. I don't exactly remember, but it was nice to have a regular check in for those who wanted and made it a little easier to keep track of people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.