Mothering Forum banner

Baby is still head up (34w 5d)

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Abraisme 
#1 ·
I'm doing all kinds of work to get this baby in a vertex position. I've been seeing a chiro 3-4 times a week, using suggestions from spinningbabies, etc....

This little one will swing his legs from left to right, but the head pretty much remains in the upper middle. I'm so surprised he's not head down already. I'm guessing my uterus is pretty stretched out from carrying twins full term and then having two more births, both of which were homebirths. I hope that's all it is and he will turn very soon. We're planning on another homebirth and very much hope it will happen!

I'm also preparing myself for the possibility of a vaginal breech birth. I would much rather have this baby head down though!!

#2 ·
No real advice, as it sounds like you're doing everything you can, but there is still plenty of time for this baby to turn. My baby was doing full flips until 33-34 weeks and one of my previous was transverse until 33+ weeks. In the end, I'm sure you can deliver a breach baby and I would let it discourage you from your homebirth!

#3 ·
Due Date Club Crashing (actually I think he will come in May anyway)...I'm 34w also now and my babe woke me up in the middle of the night last weekend and flipped breech! Ack! Been reading Spinning Babies and it is so hard to know now what I am feeling as far as body parts, so who knows!

Went to acupuncture on Thursday. She inclined me and it was horrible! Ack he was way up in my ribs and I was sooo uncomfortable laying there. SHe did moxa and when I got up I had the WORST round ligament pain ever. He was obviously transverse, and I just want to be on the floor on hands and knees and that helped whew! When I got up she felt like my belly had changed shape and that he had flipped. We will see if he stays! Hope so, but I also am considering a vaginal breech. My CNM would be OK with it especially if she could have a second midwife there (there is a lay midwife in town with the most vaginal breech experience from delivering overseas for so many years).
It is my first reaction and gut nature (I"m surprised at it actually) that I do not want the maternal risk of a surgical birth for a breech baby. Worst case scenario (thanks, Ina May) I cannot fathom leaving my husband with a newborn without me:(

Reactions: RonnaLeigh
#4 ·
Have you watched you tube videos of vaginal breech births? I have. I have had a c-section for twins and I would birth breech any day over a c-section. Home birth delivery is the most amazing and hospital c-section birth is terrible, esp for bonding nursing etc... the recovery is awful too. I had my section after having an amazing home water birth with my first so I had that to compare to. My last child was a VBAC at a hospital with a doula and CNM midwife and still did not compare to a home birth. This one will be a home birth. I am really looking forward to it!

#5 ·
Thanks so much for your comments.

I saw my midwife at my 36 week appt and thank God, baby is head down! We will confirm this week via a cursory ultrasound, but she was almost 100% certain the head is down. The movements feel different, but I'm surprised I didn't notice the baby moved head down. Guess there's a lot of room in there! Also, I'm still trying to keep up with all the techniques to keep baby vertex.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.