Mothering Forum banner

Little Margot Juniper has arrived!

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  keakiepie 
#1 ·
Margot Juniper was born at home on her due date of 5/17. She weighs in at a whoppingly healthy 9 pounds, 9 ounces and is 22 inches tall.

She was born after 22 hours of laboring - much of it quite pleasant… then a cervical lip extended transition a lot and then we encountered a long (2.5 hr) pushing stage which culminated in shoulder dystocia (not true, but she was wedged and flexed her shoulders up after her head was out) - our midwife had to reach in and pull her out by the armpit. Her breathing was initially shallow and i had a bit of a bleed and got some pitocin, but we were both just fine, if not a little beat up! So those last parts weren't fun, but I'm so glad it all worked out at home as I'm fairly certain the shoulder issue would've escalated to an emergency section at a hospital.

She is amazing and we love her so incredibly much. I am absolutely in awe!

I'm having some supply issues and am feeding/pumping round the clock as well as taking some herbal tinctures (goat's rue, fennel, etc). My nipples are pretty shredded as she's been so hungry - now that I'm pumping I have a bit more to offer and the tinctures, though I just started yesterday, do seem to be working. Come on, boobies! Any advice you have would be much appreciated.

Hope you're all well!

PS. Fun fact: Since she was so courteous to arrive on her due date, we all have birthdays on the 17th! (Apr, May, & Aug)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Congratulations on sweet Margot Juniper! I just love her name! And I love how you all have 17th birth dates! What a fun family tie! ♡

#5 ·
Congrats!!

Have you seen a lactation consultant? Has she been checked for tongue tie? Tongue tie is the leading cause of extra sore nipples and can lead to supply issues if the baby can't transfer milk very well. Is Margot making plenty of wet diapers? Gaining weight (although large babies can sometimes grow slower)? Johnny nurses non-stop too, which is normal for many babies, even when they're drinking plenty. Anyway, there could be a lot of factors, but definitely have her checked by a professional for TT (posterior TT too!). Good luck!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.