Mothering Forum banner

Dreams ??

5K views 79 replies 14 participants last post by  JennyT 
#1 ·
Anyone else having weird dreams? last night was the most vivid yet for me...not sure if it's related to the fact that I keep waking up or the hormones or probably both...

Don't remember all the details, but I had one dream about needing to take a photograph of a bunch of disgruntled office workers, which felt like a failed exercise in classroom management (which I never was very good at); one about running up and down these flights of stairs trying to get away from a friend who was moaning DH's full name in her sleep (???); and one about caring for a friend's baby, letting a young girl (maybe 7-8yo) hold her, then discovering seconds later that she had somehow gotten the baby stuck in a tiny locker (woke up trying to figure out how to take the locker apart/get the baby out).

#3 ·
YES! Last night I dreamt I was at a work party and a guy I was talking to gestured toward someone in a gorilla suit and said "He's not too thrilled with your project..." So I kept asking him who was in the suit and he said "J.C." (Who is the COO of my company). So then I spent the rest of the dream trying figure out how I could have disappointed the guy because I haven't worked directly with him for 4 months. Very stressful.

Then I had to laugh when I woke up because J.C. does dress in random costumes every Halloween so my brain was just combining facts I know about him.

#6 ·
Strange/vivid dreams is probably the one symptom Ive had consistently through all of my pregnancies! With my first child they were really horrible dreams about people hurting kids, etc, really scary stuff. But in most other pregnancies and this one they are just strange and vivid, not horrific usually.

LOL about the gorilla costume, thats hilarious!

We should keep a log here of the strange dreams we have through our pregnancies. That would be so fun!

#7 ·
Agreed, Melinda - love the idea of a log (and it also makes me feel a little less crazy!!) Totally agree with your characterization of "strange and vivid" too -- none of my dreams (so far!) have actually scared me...more a sense of puzzlement/confusion :)

#8 ·
I had a dream (Coincidentally, probably the day I conceived) that my H cheated on me. Every time I tried to hold him accountable he laughed in my face which pissed me off so I smacked him. I woke up and told him and he just laughed and tousled my hair.
I can laugh because I know my H would never cheat but man it was VIVID!

#10 ·
Melinda I remember those books!! I loved Judy Blume :)

I cannot even begin to describe the insanity that was my dreams last night. Mostly odd/not enjoyable. The weirdest part is, the past two nights I've slept through the night w no wake ups (~9-10hrs each night), but wake up feeling way worse than the nights when I would wake up...like comotose/immobile. I'm half tempted to wake myself up at some odd time so I won't feel so sluggish in the AM (though it's also possible I've just turned a corner w the fatigue and this is how it's going to be for a while....)

#11 ·
I loved them as a child and Ive been reading them to my kids over the past few months and they're really enjoying them too :)

I KWYM about waking up not feeling rested, but I wake up like that wether I wake in the night or not. My sleeping has been on and off lately, a few good nights then a few bad ones. Either way Im exhausted all day.

#12 ·
I loved Judy Blume as a kid!

I had the weirdest dream last night. I was training my brother to be a traveling cannabis salesman. (My brother is a genius computer nerd type irl) We soon arrived at an old fashioned hotel/bar, where a young Johnny Depp was waiting for me to be his topless muse. Which I agreed to, after all, he was apparently and old friend. Then some even crazier stuff happened.

So weird because I am not the type to celebrity fantasize.

My husband thought the whole thing was hysterical.

#14 ·
Weird weird dream this morning -- DH and I were in the neighborhood I grew up in, and first it was winter and the sidewalks (which didn't actually exist in my neighborhood) were super icy, so we were "sledding" down the sidewalk (with no sled, just on our bums) all the way to the end of the street. Then somehow it was springtime, and I was dragging a hose through my neighbor's zinnias (trampling one) trying to water our front garden while DH did other work in the yard.

Again continuing my theme of WEIRDNESS but not scariness :)

#15 ·
i've had good, strange dreams. i did have one that we had another boy (we have 2 boys) and everyone kept apologizing and felt sorry for us. We couldn't understand why, because we thought he was amazing! That said, i did dream several times while pregnant with my boys that I gave birth to girls...

#17 ·
i did dream several times while pregnant with my boys that I gave birth to girls...
ombrooklyn intriguing!!! will be curious to see how things play out :)

MnMtm that one sounds super scary. Is Shutter Island a scary movie?

I had an actual scary one the other night (Wed) that my dad had died - don't know how/why, but I found out in "Lord Business"'s office (from the lego movie).

#16 ·
I had a terrible dream last night. It may be because I watched Shutter Island with DH, and it really set for a creepy mood, though my dream didn't have any elements from the movie. I had a dream that I went in for another appointment with my midwife, and she palpated my uterus, and said that there was something wrong, because my uterus was larger, but felt even instead of bulging on one side, (it made sense in the dream.) She ended up saying that there was something very wrong with me, and that I wasn't pregnant. She told me to go to a doctor, or to use google to find out what was wrong. I started googling "enlarged even uterus," and found all sorts of things about a uterus turning into a hard tumor. It was about that time I woke up. It was very unsettling.

#18 ·
I had one last night that was very scary at the time...but quite foolish this morning. I was staying with my aunt (who looked exactly like when the witch takes the form of the old lady with the apple in Snow White) in a creepy old house. In my bedroom there was a pickle jar with some pickle juice in it and 3 coins in the bottom. Apparently there was a ghost who haunted the pickle jar and would come after anyone who disturbed the jar and the coins. I was cleaning up and accidentally broke the jar and the coins went flying and a ghost came after me...then I woke up. very strange LOL

#19 ·
I had a somewhat baby-related dream! I was traveling somewhere that required multiple legs (car, train, plane, etc.) and on one of the legs the security people wouldn't let me go through unless I let them do an ultrasound!! They wanted to see that I had a baby in there and not some weird contraband item. In the dream, I was really really resistant - kept saying how I thought ultrasounds were dangerous and refusing to let them do it (not necessarily how i feel in real life). I don't think I caught whatever plane or train I was trying to catch :)

#21 ·
Last night dreamt we got the results back from (in my dream it was called a karotype LOL) our testing.
I get that testing in two weeks so it must be weighing on me a little:(

Baby was indeed an xx yay:)
and Chromosomes 15, 18 and 21 were normal!! (those are the biggies:(

so here's hoping :)

Reactions: FyerFly
#30 ·
Weird! My DDs name is Sadhbh, and in Irish folklore, she was turned into a deer and her son (Oisin) was raised by deer :)

I had a crazy dream that I was one of the Downton Abbey daughters but we were in the 15th century. We each had this little gadget that allowed us to transport ourselves through space and time. Crazy

#24 ·
MrsDaisy ahhh!! I wouldn't want to feel those kicks!! A friend posted something on Facebook the other day about "expecting" a t-rex. there was even a photo someone put together of a fake ultrasound with baby t-rex bones inside.

#25 ·
I have been having absolutely no dreams and now tonight I had ANOTHER cheating dream about my husband. He is the last person on earth to cheat so I find it completely bizarre. I dreamed that he got another girl pregnant a month before me but then he kept being iffy about the due date and how long he'd been seeing her. THEN, he said he was taking joint custody of the kid so he'd have him 4 days a week and I'd just have to deal with it. So I think I ended up deciding to divorce him. :(

I told my H, I know he's not responsible for my dreams but he needs to hold me extra on mornings after those dreams. I was so sad!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.