• 1 Post By ChasingDreams
  • 1 Post By FyerFly

#1 of 10 Old 10-14-2014, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Question Question about pregnancy tests with week predictors

Hello lovely Mamas!

I have a question about pregnancy tests with weeks past ovulation predictors (specifically the clear blue pregnancy test with advanced week predictor.) At 12dpo I tested with a First Response "6 days sooner" test and two lines appeared in tandem and quite bold in color. Then, just to confirm, I bought a ClearBlue Advanced Pregnancy Test with weeks estimator and it also said "Pregnant" with a week estimation of "3+". The this number is the weeks past ovulation, not weeks of pregnancy so I am a bit puzzled as I was less than 2 weeks past ovulation when I took the test. It was not the first morning urine either. A few hours later I tried the second test in the box and got the same "3+" result.

I know my dates, both LMP and ovulation, so that's not it. I have a traditional 28 days cycle, but ovulate on the 12th day. I tested 12 days past ovulation, so it seems I should still been in the 1-2 week range if not 2-3, but certainly not 3+ which would indicate 5 weeks pregnant and I hadn't even missed my period yet.

I did find this information on ClearBlue website, but it doesn't give specific information as to hcg levels for each week predictor.

Has anyone else had this happen? What level of HcG hormone is required for 3+? I tried searching for this information online and haven't found anything helpful.

My appointment isn't until next Friday (when I will be 6 weeks.)

Thank you all so much!
Lauren

*edited to insert link

Last edited by ChasingDreams; 10-14-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 10-14-2014, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
I dont know the answer, I wish I did. The only thing I can think of is maybe you're carrying twins and that explains the increased hormones the test is picking up. That sounds a little outlandish, but its the only thing I can come up with.
#3 of 10 Old 10-14-2014, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Also, HCG levels can vary pretty widely from woman to woman, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Melissa Wife to DH
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Mom to DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,DD1
, and DD2
. We are a homebirthing, no vax, intact, devoutly LDS happy family!

#4 of 10 Old 10-14-2014, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
The first time I've ever taken one of these, I figured I was about 10 DPO and I got 3+

I went in for bloodwork a couple days later, since I hadn't had a period from BF'ing, and my Hcg was 800+. My OB just figured I was further along, but I knew differently. I knew I was expecting twins. An ultrasound a while later confirmed.

It was good at showing me my levels were high, but the range is still pretty low. You may have higher than average Hcg with a single baby, be further along, or have twins!

Congratulations!

Edited to add:

I still had this on my desktop from when I was searching, LOL!

A combined precision/sensitivity study was performed where the candidate
device was challenged over 3 days, with 6 different operators who conducted
tests on 3 lots of devices. Twenty-eight urine standards were used in the study
in a range from 0 mIU/mL to 4621 mIU/mL hCG. The range of standards
tested incorporated a negative control, and hCG concentrations at the
“Pregnant 1-2” cut-off threshold (10 mIU/mL), “Pregnant 2-3” cut-off
threshold (156 mIU/mL), “Pregnant 3+” cut-off threshold (2600 mIU/mL),
and concentrations ± 20-80% of the thresholds. Only 3 operators conducted
testing on any one standard. Percentage results representative of data from all
three tested lots are provided below. Results were similar for each tested lot.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_d...ws/K112870.pdf

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother to 10 children.

‘To someone whose god is science, vaccination makes sense. But to someone whose god is God, it is appalling’ - Dr. Golden.

Last edited by MyFillingQuiver; 10-14-2014 at 07:25 PM. Reason: adding info
#5 of 10 Old 10-15-2014, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the replies ladies! I truly appreciate it! I went to the lab today and had a HCG analysis done, I should have test results tomorrow morning/afternoon. For some reason knowing my levels would put my mind at ease while I wait for my first doctor's appointment.

The thought of twins has occurred to me and I would love to have more than one baby. Twins do run in my family, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high. I have had no morning sickness so far, just extreme fatigue. I had always been under the impression that morning sickness is twice as intense with twins so this makes me think there must just be one...and a very sweet little one to not make mommy sick

If it is twins, we will be ecstatic!!! <3 <3

Thanks so much!
Lauren
Melinda1980 likes this.
#6 of 10 Old 10-17-2014, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm curious to know what your beta result is. Twins would be awesome!!
I hate the digital tests with weeks. Mine had me freaking out because it should have switched from 1-2 to 2-3 weeks and it didn't. I got my beta back and it was much higher than the thresh hold numbers for 2-3. I'm thinking they are not very accurate. I haven't read too much about them being higher than expected, it's usually lower.

Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 7, 3, 2) and expecting #6 June/2014

#7 of 10 Old 10-20-2014, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

My beta results, taken at 4weeks 3days (or 21dpo--which ever you prefer) came back with 6714. Well into the twin range. I have a doctor's appointment on the 29th, so I have a while to wait and wonder. :::sigh:::
#8 of 10 Old 10-20-2014, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Chasingdreams, thats very exciting news! I cant wait to hear how many little ones are in there

#9 of 10 Old 11-19-2014, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

It turns out there is just one little one! I was a bit disappointed, but relieved at the same time--if that makes sense. I am measuring right on track and the baby was kicking and waving his/her arms throughout my ultrasound. How I loved seeing that sweet little form, with a tiny, unmistakable little face, nose, cheeks! Melting this mommy heart just remembering it!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3 (1).jpg
Views:	4
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	9938  

"The most precious jewels you'll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children."

Last edited by ChasingDreams; 01-13-2015 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Trying to see if the attachment actually attached. Can anyone see it?
#10 of 10 Old 11-19-2014, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 252 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
How awesome, congrats ChasingDreams yep I can see your attachment! How neat to see the little guy/gal moving around!

I think I can understand your feelings of both disappointment and relief - twins would be so neat/special, but one at a time is probably a bit easier health and logistics-wise !
ChasingDreams likes this.

Mama to DS
born June 2015
And someone new September 2017

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page