Mothering Forum banner

Anyone else feel like they need maternity pants already?

1K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  caspian's mama 
#1 ·
I am 7 weeks today, and this is my second LO. I don't think I started wearing maternity clothes until after the first trimester was over, but with this one I feel like buttoning my pants is so uncomfortable! Is it true what they say about second pregnancies and showing earlier?

#3 ·
This is my third, and I haven't been able to button my normal jeans for weeks now. Several people have guessed that I'm pregnant because of my baby bump. They are all shocked to find out that I'm not even 3 months along yet. I'm still thin everywhere else.

#4 ·
Caved and wore yoga pants to a group discussion with fellow students tonight. It was my night to bring snacks, and everyone was raving about the variety of things I bought/brought (thanks, Trader Joes!). I wanted so badly to say: "this is what happens when you send a pregnant lady to pick out the snacks!" but definitely not a crowd I want to share the news with so I held back on that instinct :)

#5 ·
I wore my last pair of regular jeans to work for the last time Monday. That was so uncomfortable I've been wearing maternity pants or a belly band the rest of the week. I'm the same everywhere else I just can't stand any pressure on my stomach right now.

#8 ·
last time I went to kohls they had all these work trousers on clearance that had stretch bands instead of buttons, which is weird but I got them because they were a great deal and now I am glad I did. anything that buttons feels uncomfortable. I don't think it is my bump really, just bloat and that nauseated feeling of anything pressing on my belly. anyway, everyone go to kohls and get weird stretch band trousers and you won't need real maternity for quite a while longer

#10 ·
I have joined the "can't button my pants" club. For a while, I was able to wear my regular jeans, probably because I lost a few pounds right before i got pregnant, and they were a little loose so the bloat just filled them out. Last night was trying to put them on to go out with friends, and though I physically could button them, didn't feel good/they were too tight. the maternity jeans worked like a charm! though one question I have -- especially since my belly isn't super big yet, I constantly feel like my shirt/undershirts ride up and you can see the little tan part where the jeans meet the band. I try to pull the pants up and pull my shirts and undershirts down, but it's kind of awkward. Any tricks to avoid that??

#11 ·
This is my first pregnancy basically (I've had a few chemical pregnancies, but never any that lasted long enough for uterine changes really) and by 8.5 weeks I already couldn't button my pants. I've been getting away with the elastic through button holes trick, but trying to actually button is painful. Now I'm a little overweight normally so I think it's just a combo of bloat on top of being a bigger person already but it's annoying. I need to find something I can get away with wearing for dress pants at work.

#13 ·
The last time I wore jeans was 2.5 weeks ago and they felt super tight in the middle so I havent put them on again. I wear a lot of leggings and luckily I dont work so I dont have to worry about dressing any certain way. I have 2 classes a week but all the other college students live in leggings and yoga pants too so I dont feel out of place LOL!

#14 ·
*shudders* I hate jeans. Hate them. Always have. Synthetics too. Guess i have sensory issues. ;) As a kid I wore leggings and dresses. Now I wear long skirts, long dresses and I own 6 pairs of these: http://www.soul-flower.com/hippie/AVA019/

I have other pants that are similar, hoop pants, thai pants, etc. And I'll wear yoga pants and leggings around the house.

So fortunately nearly all my regular clothing is also maternity/breastfeeding friendly. Except at the end when my belly is really big, and then I do have actual maternity clothes.

I am starting to look a bit bloated, but at the same time I have lost quite a bit of weight, and my normally snug pants are baggy and falling down, which is pretty unusual for me in pregnancy. I feel like my hormones are different this time and i am hopeful postpartum breastfeeding will help me lose baby weight, instead of packing weight on. :(

#17 ·
I've been horribly sick this trimester and have lost ten pounds. I think that is the ONLY reason that I still fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes just fine. However, the jeans are UNCOMFORTABLE. I can't handle the pressure on my abdomen. I had been tempted a while ago to switch to loose skirts (they are quick, make you look dressy even when you're feeling awful, and they are easily paired with shirts)- so I bought my first maternity one last week and I want to LIVE in it. I think I'm just going to invest in stretchy maxi type skirts. I feel less frumpy, and really really comfortable.

#18 ·
My pants feel uncomfortable but it isn't that they don't fit. I definitely have more blood volume and bigger breasts but I have been sick too, so my weight's breaking even so far. I want to ask my buddy to loan back the maternity clothes I gave her 2 yrs ago, but I am not ready to spill the beans yet. She is a bestie and will be so happy, but I want to keep it quiet longer.

#19 ·
I've completely switched over to maternity bottoms at this point. For tops, some of my smaller maternity tops work, and I'm also wearing long stretchy shirts that reach over my bump. Unless I purposely dress in baggy clothes, it's pretty obvious that I'm pregnant at this point. The in-laws guessed at dinner the other night, so pretty much everyone knows. Well, except on my side of the family. But we are having a big dinner with everyone this Saturday, and I'm going to let DS announce there. I'll have to keep a loose jacket on until he announces, or else the cat will be out of the bag as soon as I see everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.