Hi! - Mothering Forums

 3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 36 Old 11-04-2014, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter
 
radiowave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hi!

I thought introductions might be a good way to get this thread started. I would love to meet others due in July.
I'm Aimee. I'm 38, and live with my husband and my 6 year old daughter in Baltimore City. I am a part-time pre-school teacher, and occasional (trying to be more) writer.
I have been trying to have a second child for several years. I lost my son, Nico, at 19 weeks gestation to incompetent cervix on December 27, 2012. After getting surgery to be able to carry a baby, we tried, and could not get pregnant after a year. It turned out that my husband had very low sperm count and motility. I had my first IVF cycle last month, and transferred one 5 day embryo on Oct. 18th. I had my second blood test today, and have some ultrasounds coming up in the next few weeks. Just called to make an appointment with a midwives group which practices at a hospital nearby. I will have to give birth via c-section because of the cerclage on my cervix, and these midwives work with obs and surgeons. Nervous and excited!

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pregnant again after IVF, EDD July 6, 2015!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
radiowave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 36 Old 11-04-2014, 11:37 AM
 
Serafina33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Far from home!
Posts: 2,163
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
What a journey you've been on. So sorry to read about your loss, but congratulations on your pregnancy!

I'm due July 10 with my fourth child, which feels a little surreal to type out, my baby daughter just turned 1 so being the mother of 3 was something I've only recently gotten used to. My sons (9&11yo)are from my first marriage when I was just a young thing straight out of college, and I found MDC then when I was pregnant the first time in 2003. I really miss the community that I used to enjoy here but I am obviously not giving up totally because here I am! I do hope that this ddc won't move to Facebook as my Oct 2013 group did, abandoning this site totally. I don't use Facebook and felt like I lost a community of women I spent a year bonding with.

I've already told everyone, I'm so not a private person and(knock on wood) I've never had any issues with miscarriage so I'm not particularly worried about it, although I know rationally it can happen. I'm 35 years old now! That magic age when you are considered "advanced". Sigh.
I'm planning another natural birth, with my doula from last time.
I'm breastfeeding as I type, so any comiseration about pregnancy and breastfeeding is welcome...it's irritating already and the wet diapers are less so I think my milk is decreasing already.
Ok I have rambled enough!
Serafina33 is offline  
#3 of 36 Old 11-04-2014, 12:36 PM
 
Mallow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Hi! I am 24 years old, married, with 3 little boys. I am due July 1st, 2015 with my 4th child. This little one was definitely an unexpected surprise! I already have an (almost) 4 year old, (almost) 3 year old, and a 10 month old. I am at risk for premature labor and birth, so pregnancy is not the easiest time for me. My oldest son was born at 28 weeks, my second son was born at 35 weeks, and my youngest was born at 38 weeks. This time I am hoping for another full term baby. I am still breastfeeding my youngest and plan to do so during my entire pregnancy, and after.

Last edited by Mallow; 11-10-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Mallow is offline  
 
#4 of 36 Old 11-04-2014, 04:07 PM
 
lerlisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 143
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Hi ladies,
I'm new to all this, due around July 1 with my first baby/first pregnancy. Just met with a midwife today, thinking about a home birth. So many things to process and decide. We haven't told anyone yet, so I'm still just reading and learning a lot, not getting much advice or many stories from friends and family. Planning to share the news around Christmas. Cautiously excited and nervous. Nice to meet y'all.
lerlisha is offline  
#5 of 36 Old 11-04-2014, 05:17 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Central VA
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Here we go...

It still feels so early to be posting, but I'm going to wish for the best! I'm pregnant with our third, due 7/8 - thought we were finished after 5 years, but changed our minds! It's amazing how that happens, isn't it?

It's fun that we have new and experienced mamas joining this group already. I was mostly a Mothering stalker with my previous kiddos, so I'm looking forward to being a more active participant this time around.

~J
jll34 is offline  
#6 of 36 Old 11-05-2014, 01:21 AM
 
Serafina33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Far from home!
Posts: 2,163
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Mallow, I have the same issues with preterm labor but lugesterone medication worked with #3 and months of strict bedrest worked with #2. #1 came @34 weeks. Does nursing trigger contractions that affect your cervix? Are you worried you'll have to pause your breastfeeding relationship with your baby? I am, if the nursing affects my cervix too much before the ninth month. Hoping the medication keeps it long and firm though (can't remember when the suppositories are prescribed but I guess about halfway through).
Sorry that was a side topic, not another introduction! We need a "risk for preterm labor" thread!
Serafina33 is offline  
#7 of 36 Old 11-05-2014, 07:56 AM
 
Mallow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafina33 View Post
Mallow, I have the same issues with preterm labor but lugesterone medication worked with #3 and months of strict bedrest worked with #2. #1 came @34 weeks. Does nursing trigger contractions that affect your cervix? Are you worried you'll have to pause your breastfeeding relationship with your baby? I am, if the nursing affects my cervix too much before the ninth month. Hoping the medication keeps it long and firm though (can't remember when the suppositories are prescribed but I guess about halfway through).
Sorry that was a side topic, not another introduction! We need a "risk for preterm labor" thread!
I nursed my first baby through my entire second pregnancy, and tandem nursed my toddlers halfway through my third pregnancy (my milk dried up that time). I am not worried about having to pause breastfeeding this time around. Nursing does trigger contractions later on, but they're very mild and stop immediately afterward, and they've never done anything to my cervix (I had weekly scans during my 2nd and 3rd pregnancy and had no changes).

I haven't been put on bed rest before, but did take it easy (as easy as you can with a baby or 2 toddlers). I also do not have sex during pregnancy because that DOES affect my cervix (sorry if that's TMI).

A Risk for Preterm Labor thread would be great!
Mallow is offline  
#8 of 36 Old 11-05-2014, 05:00 PM
 
AHomebirthMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi! Sorry I was slow to get in here and get involved! I'm Amy, and I am due July 6 with my 5th baby. This is my seventh pregnancy...I lost one early in the first trimester between babies 1 & 2 and another at 9 weeks this past November. I have a 10 year old son, an almost 8 year old daughter, a 6 year old daughter, and an almost 2 year old daughter. Additionally, I'm raising my 13 year old nephew. My cousin and her three kids live with us currently. So that makes a total of 8 kids in the house! My cousin's kids and my nephew go to public school, but I homeschool the rest. We have goats and chickens, I garden during the spring/summer, I love reading when I get the chance, I enjoy taking pictures but still have a lot to learn, I love writing, and eventually I hope to get back into the biomedical research world and veterinary medicine. So...those are my interests in a nutshell. I'm a Christian, and I've found that more and more I post/say things about my faith without realizing it...just so no one is shocked if it happens here. I'm not proselytizing, it's just who I am. ;-)

I've had four midwife-attended homebirths. This time, I want to go unassisted...I just have to get my hubby on board. I could write so much more, but I'll level that for other discussions. :-)
AHomebirthMama is offline  
#9 of 36 Old 11-06-2014, 01:41 PM
 
Victoria L Breig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Southwest, Ohio
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello Everyone!

Not sure where to start, the basics? I am Viki, live near Cincinnati, Ohio, and I am married to my Hubby of 13 years. I have PCOS, dx infertile 2 days before Christmas 2010. We have 4 living sons, aging 13y (14 the end of the month), 11y (12 in Jan), 8, and 4y (5 in a few days). We also have 3 angel babies, Michael at 19w on March 25th, 2004, Moriah at 6w on June 9, 2011 (our IUI baby), and Memphis at 10w on June 1, 2014. We are pretty excited to be expecting again (after 5 years and two losses), I am due July 8th. I never know whether to call this baby #5 or baby #8 (since this is our 8th pregnancy). I am planning to do a VBA3C homebirth (our first) this time around. We have done blood work already for this one and so far all is looking good (hCG and Progesterone wise). We did tell everyone, even with a history of loss, just so IF something happened, no one was surprised with the news. We live in the country and have lots of furbabies. I enjoy crocheting, reading, enjoying the kids, sitting with friends, baking/cooking from scratch, and I am learning to bible journal at the moment. I am pro-life, breastfeeding, baby-wearing, VBAC and co-sleeping. If anyone would like to know more, just hit me up.

SAHM to 4 Boys (14,12,8,5) & 3 Angel Babies - Wife to Hubby - Mama to many furbabies - We're expecting baby #5 in July 2015!!!
Victoria L Breig is offline  
#10 of 36 Old 11-07-2014, 08:02 AM
 
Illaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Everyone! We've been trying to conceive for a few years with no success and I had finally made peace with having just one child. Then in the late spring I quite surprisingly became pregnant and then lost that baby around 8 weeks (that was July). I've been really conflicted since then about whether we should keep the door open to having another baby or not, since both losses (one before my son) were tough. I'm really glad that we did keep the door open ... because here I am now! My due date is July 2nd. So far, my hcg and progesterone levels look good and I'm feeling very pregnant... so tired and the nausea has kicked in. I'm nervous but happy and am so happy to meet all of you!

anthropologist mama to sweet 6-year-old boy and two angel babies
Illaria is offline  
#11 of 36 Old 11-07-2014, 08:08 AM
 
MPsSweetie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,097
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Hi!
I just got two BFPs this morning at 10-11 dpo.
Due 19 July with #5 !!

Last edited by MPsSweetie; 11-08-2014 at 11:39 AM.
MPsSweetie is offline  
#12 of 36 Old 11-07-2014, 12:17 PM
 
ChesapeakeBorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: by the Bay in MD
Posts: 1,198
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Wow, lots of similar stories here! I am cautiously stepping in...

I got a very dark, very quick BFP on Monday. I am due sometime at the end of June or beginning of July so I have a foot in two due date clubs here, lol. I had my IUD removed in September, got by period on Sept 21st, then threw caution to the wind with DH until he got his vasectomy on October 27th. I usually ovulate on day 30 but it seems this time it might have been earlier. For once, we weren't paying attention! Last time I did temping and the whole nine yards.

I have been with mothering.com since 2002. I have a 12 year old DD and 5 year old DS, with three very early miscarriages ("chemical pregnancies") in between the two. With DD I had preterm labor at 31 weeks (bedrest for 6 weeks). She was born IUGR at 37 weeks. With DS I had a subchorionic hematoma (bedrest starting at 6 weeks!), was on 17P shots, and he was born healthy as can be at 39 weeks. At 35 years old, I am hoping and hoping things go well! This wasn't exactly planned, but there was room in our hearts for one more. It can be nerve-wracking.

I go for my first appointment on Tuesday and, in the meanwhile, am trying not to overanalyze my symptoms and trying not to be attached to the outcome.

Marine ecologist wife to my kite-boarding soulmate and now a homeschooling SAHM to Annabelle 8/02 and Willem 12/08!

Last edited by ChesapeakeBorn; 11-07-2014 at 12:44 PM.
ChesapeakeBorn is offline  
#13 of 36 Old 11-07-2014, 12:48 PM
 
MPsSweetie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,097
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
I guess I should introduce myself better. I'm Amee, 33, married to James, 41 since 1998. We have a girl Amethyst (May 2002) and 3 boys, Asheby "Bear ", Abbott, and Atlas (November 2006, January 2011, March 2013).
We decided to try for just one month in October, I just had a VERY strong feeling that we had to. Dh is a disabled vet and sometimes it's hard to do it. . We got one good time, but I still thought we missed it. I started with a yeast infection the next day, ugh, and then began a 7 day treatment. It cleared up quick but then I started bleeding. I don't remember having implantation bleeding, and never bleed during YIs, so I was confused. It finally stopped after four days, so I decided to test this morning, at 10-11 dpo. I saw nothing so I sat it on the counter and went to nurse my toddler, came back in 20 and it was barely there. I took another an hour later and sat and watched it come up, so I'm pretty sure it's really there! I've never tested this early, but I've felt so strongly about it this time.
MPsSweetie is offline  
#14 of 36 Old 11-07-2014, 07:34 PM
 
Mama Chickadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just got a positive test yesterday, and think I'm at 10 days after ovulation. That gives me a July 20th due date, but all three of my other kids came at exactly 38 weeks, so it wouldn't surprise me if I went early this time, too.

So about me. I'm 33 and live outside of Boston in the suburbs with my husband, 7 year old daughter, 4 year old son, 26 month old daughter, 10 year old standard poodle, and my 22 year old horse (she lives a 20 minute drive away, not in the backyard!) We just tentatively decided to start trying for a 4th kid this cycle, and here we are. Poor hubby, he thought he would get a few months of "practicing" before we were successful!

I've had all three kids at the local hospital - the first with the midwives group, the second and third with an awesome solo practice OB. I love her to death, and had amazing powerful births, but I'd really like to have this baby at home. I've wanted to have all the kids at home, but my husband hasn't been on board until now. So, we'll see. For now, I am scheduled for my first 10 week appointment with my OB, and I guess I will talk to her then about it, and see if she'd be willing to be my back-up provider. Then there's the task of finding a midwife! So, I've got my work cut out for me!


I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!

Mama to DD (7), DS (4), DD (2) and a new little one expected July 2015!
Mama Chickadee is offline  
#15 of 36 Old 11-08-2014, 04:36 AM
 
Metasequoia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In the village
Posts: 8,236
Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 479 Post(s)
Baby number 5 due around 7/21/15

I can't believe I'm posting already when my period won't even be missed until Monday-Tuesday. I'm 37 and have four children: a daughter who will be 15 in February, another daughter who will be 12 in January, a son who is 8, and another son who will be 4 in ten days!
I really liked the spacing between my sons (nearly 5 years) and while it's almost the same spacing now, I'm still so exhausted from my toddler. I'm trying to limit the nursing because even though I nursed and then tandem-nursed my 2nd and 3rd child together, I was 28 then. I had a sub-chorionic hemorrhage with my 3rd child at 12 weeks that was really scary. I was sure I'd lost him but the u/s showed otherwise. In retrospect, I think the nursing contributed because it lowers progesterone.
I had my fourth baby at 33 and my 4 year old at the time was barely nursing and gave it up early in my first trimester because he said it was all gone and that pregnancy was smooth sailing. Last November I m/c around 6 weeks after having decent HCG levels and then I got pregnant right away in the following cycle and lost that one (chemical) at 5 weeks. My toddler was still night-nursing and nursing a lot during the day and my progesterone was reeeeaally low.

I'm trying to really limit the nursing this time around. He's night-weaned (finally!) but wakes me up at 4-5 am for "mick." If he had it his way, he'd lounge around in bed in the morning and nurse and doze off an on for hours before waking up completely. I think this is why I'm still so tired. This morning I let him nurse once and then when he started pestering me again, I got up rather than nurse him. I'm sad about it as I know he's not ready to give it up but I feel like if I don't, I'll m/c again. I am a bit nervous about weaning him at this time of year with all of the cooties...

ANYWAY, DH has been talking about having "just one more" and I've gone back and forth between being reluctant to adamantly saying "No!" and for some reason, this cycle, I threw caution to the wind and this is where it landed me. I swear it was my body's idea - those 30-something hormones are powerful!

It's so hard to be optimistic about pregnancy after losses but I'm trying really hard to be zen about the whole thing - no matter what the outcome.

Mama
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to Girl 2/00, Girl 1/03, Boy 3/06, Boy 11/10, and Girl! 7/15!

Last edited by Metasequoia; 11-10-2014 at 04:02 AM.
Metasequoia is offline  
#16 of 36 Old 11-08-2014, 07:31 AM
 
eternalw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 509
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Hi! Joining and tag teaming in June ddc. I am due June 30 but always go at least a week over, sometimes two.

I'm Wendy and this is #9 (#10 for us- I have a step son, too) My oldest is 21- youngest is 18m.

I am turning 40 this year. How did that happen? lol

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

wendy- blessed mama of 9
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 
eternalw is offline  
#17 of 36 Old 11-08-2014, 08:12 AM
 
Gillmoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi everyone!! I'm so happy to see a July DDC club up. I'm Noel, married to J for almost 10 years, mom of Aurora (6) and Autumn (21 months). This was a very unexpected pregnancy and I am definitely still getting used to the idea. I'm still nursing my little and only had two PP cycles since she was born. We thought we might've had an oops around the time of ovulation so I bought a test just to quiet my paranoia. I was beyond shocked when it was a BFP!! I'm due July 10th but expect to be about a week early like I was with my other two. I had my girls at home and plan to have this one at home too. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. This community helped me so much with my last pregnancy. Congratulations everyone!
Gillmoro is offline  
#18 of 36 Old 11-08-2014, 08:53 AM
 
ballerina85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Hi everyone! Excited to be joining this group. I just tested this morning and got 2 positive tests! This was our first month trying and I am In shock that it happened so quickly as it took awhile with our first. have a 2.5 year old daughter so I am excited for her to have a sibling but also very nervous about changing things and just how this will all work. I almost feel guilty for having another one- like she'll feel replaced or something (I know this is silly but I just can't help it). I also had a mc before my daughter so while I am excited there is definitely some worry there too. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here
ballerina85 is offline  
#19 of 36 Old 11-08-2014, 08:58 AM
 
mamamargo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Hi everyone!

I'm excited to be here and get support from/provide support to all of you more experienced ladies! My husband Jeff and I are expected our first baby (Woohoo!) July 1st, 2015. That's our estimated due date for now. I am a full-time student studying Massage Therapy and Bodywork, I'll finish school in February, just before my baby bump really starts bumping. I also work part-time in the social work field with Foster Children, but I'm transitioning out of that career and into massage because it is more family-friendly and I can do it very part-time while raising my littles and still earning a decent wage.
My husband is ecstatic about us being "preggers," as he calls it. We were trying for about 10 months before our positive test a few weeks ago. We are planning to have a natural at-home birth with a midwife that we've already chosen (she's wonderful!). Hubby is super supportive but he has some fears in the back of his mind, I think mostly because he works in the ER and sees a lot of horrible things each day and knows the benefit of a hospital in case of emergency, so if any of you have advice on books for new papas to read or other things to quiet his mind, I'd appreciate it!
I also have amazing support from my mom, she had 5 of us kids (one C-section, then 4 VBACs, 3 of which were natural at home), and is a wealth of non-threatening info and advice on pregnancy, breastfeeding, you name it! This will also be my parent's first grandchild so they are over the moon excited and supportive.
I also have some great gal friends that have had kids and have good advice too, but I'll take all the support I can get, hence being here!
Anyone else super nauseous yet? Fun times.

I'm excited to get to know you all,
Margo
mamamargo is offline  
#20 of 36 Old 11-08-2014, 11:07 AM
 
AHomebirthMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria L Breig View Post
Hello Everyone!

Not sure where to start, the basics? I am Viki, live near Cincinnati, Ohio, and I am married to my Hubby of 13 years. I have PCOS, dx infertile 2 days before Christmas 2010. We have 4 living sons, aging 13y (14 the end of the month), 11y (12 in Jan), 8, and 4y (5 in a few days). We also have 3 angel babies, Michael at 19w on March 25th, 2004, Moriah at 6w on June 9, 2011 (our IUI baby), and Memphis at 10w on June 1, 2014. We are pretty excited to be expecting again (after 5 years and two losses), I am due July 8th. I never know whether to call this baby #5 or baby #8 (since this is our 8th pregnancy). I am planning to do a VBA3C homebirth (our first) this time around. We have done blood work already for this one and so far all is looking good (hCG and Progesterone wise). We did tell everyone, even with a history of loss, just so IF something happened, no one was surprised with the news. We live in the country and have lots of furbabies. I enjoy crocheting, reading, enjoying the kids, sitting with friends, baking/cooking from scratch, and I am learning to bible journal at the moment. I am pro-life, breastfeeding, baby-wearing, VBAC and co-sleeping. If anyone would like to know more, just hit me up.
What is bible journaling? That sounds interesting. I am just trying to keep a schedule that includes reading scriptures daily. It's hard to make it fit in with so many things going on, even though I know it needs to be one if the biggest priorities for my family.
AHomebirthMama is offline  
#21 of 36 Old 11-08-2014, 11:19 AM
 
AHomebirthMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Chickadee View Post
I just got a positive test yesterday, and think I'm at 10 days after ovulation. That gives me a July 20th due date, but all three of my other kids came at exactly 38 weeks, so it wouldn't surprise me if I went early this time, too.

So about me. I'm 33 and live outside of Boston in the suburbs with my husband, 7 year old daughter, 4 year old son, 26 month old daughter, 10 year old standard poodle, and my 22 year old horse (she lives a 20 minute drive away, not in the backyard!) We just tentatively decided to start trying for a 4th kid this cycle, and here we are. Poor hubby, he thought he would get a few months of "practicing" before we were successful!

I've had all three kids at the local hospital - the first with the midwives group, the second and third with an awesome solo practice OB. I love her to death, and had amazing powerful births, but I'd really like to have this baby at home. I've wanted to have all the kids at home, but my husband hasn't been on board until now. So, we'll see. For now, I am scheduled for my first 10 week appointment with my OB, and I guess I will talk to her then about it, and see if she'd be willing to be my back-up provider. Then there's the task of finding a midwife! So, I've got my work cut out for me!


I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!
If you don't mind answering, I'm curious as to which suburb you live in. If you aren't comfortable making that public, that's fine. My hubby and I moved up there for college. Over 7 years, we lived in Boston, Cambridge, Brighton, Brookline, and Stoneham. Now we live in Virginia.

While we were up there, I had two homebirths with Nancy Wainer. She was a wonderful midwife, and I haven't found anyone at her caliber since moving to Virginia. I did find one who is probably the closest thing to Nancy, though. But she just isn't the same.
AHomebirthMama is offline  
#22 of 36 Old 11-09-2014, 12:31 PM
 
imavera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Hello! I was mildly active in May 2012 until my husband started working out of town and just got too overwhelmed, so I'm hoping I'm able to stay here for the long haul!

This will be my third baby- due July 22nd. I have two boys, 5 (next week) and 2.5. My first was a med-free hospital birth, and my second was a home birth. I'll definitely be having this one at home, as well.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
imavera is offline  
#23 of 36 Old 11-09-2014, 02:01 PM
 
ballerina85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imavera View Post
Hello! I was mildly active in May 2012 until my husband started working out of town and just got too overwhelmed, so I'm hoping I'm able to stay here for the long haul!

This will be my third baby- due July 22nd. I have two boys, 5 (next week) and 2.5. My first was a med-free hospital birth, and my second was a home birth. I'll definitely be having this one at home, as well.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
I had a May 2012 baby too
imavera likes this.
ballerina85 is offline  
#24 of 36 Old 11-09-2014, 04:05 PM
 
BarefootBrooke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: southeastern Massachusetts
Posts: 486
Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
I'm so excited to be here! I just got my first ever BFP on Friday after 15 months of trying (lots of herbs and acupuncture along the way) and am due on July 17. I'm a 33-year-old artist/professor living in southeastern Massachusetts (New Bedford, for those of you in the Boston area...cool that many of us live nearby), and my husband is a 36-year-old biology student (just finishing up his degree). I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and learn from all of your experience, as this is all new for me! I'm planning on an unmedicated birth in a birth center, and I'm grateful to have found an amazing midwife who comes with many recommendations from friends.
BarefootBrooke is offline  
#25 of 36 Old 11-09-2014, 07:03 PM
 
bubbagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In my Garden
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I am still in pseudo shock from the positive test. I am not sure why, as I was quite late, but a few earlier tests came back -.

I am due early july with our 4th. I have been nursing since my first was born through 2 other pregnancies and still nursing 2 babies.

I did have an early third labor (28 weeks) which i think was pushed a little by tandem nursing.

The past few weeks have been really the most trying for me in terms of nursing and I am inclined to think the older of the two will wean before this baby arrives.

We have a 4, 3 and 1 year old and I am 41. We will all be older when baby is born except for 3 year old.

Isn't this exciting!

Ok - edited to add that I had two unmedicated fast births with my first two and then a quick mild crampy labor with my third who was footling breech and 3 months early. I went to hospital and they did an emergency section and put me under.

There is one medical hospital that will do vbacs here but am worried they will feel i am too high risk for them because of early labor last time and my age. Husband already said we will get midwife right away though. Really do not want another section (or baby in nicu for 2 months).
bubbagirl is offline  
#26 of 36 Old 11-10-2014, 04:17 AM
 
Metasequoia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In the village
Posts: 8,236
Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 479 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerina85 View Post
Hi everyone! Excited to be joining this group. I just tested this morning and got 2 positive tests! This was our first month trying and I am In shock that it happened so quickly as it took awhile with our first. have a 2.5 year old daughter so I am excited for her to have a sibling but also very nervous about changing things and just how this will all work. I almost feel guilty for having another one- like she'll feel replaced or something (I know this is silly but I just can't help it). I also had a mc before my daughter so while I am excited there is definitely some worry there too. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here
Going from 1-2 was the hardest transition for me because I felt soooo guilty and I really grieved the loss of the one-on-one time that I'd had with my daughter for so long. But it disappeared very quickly after my second daughter was born when I saw how much my toddler adored her baby sister. They were quick to become good friends and dear playmates throughout their childhoods. Now my oldest is nearing 15 and my second daughter is nearing 12 and they're having some struggles in their relationship but I think it's par for the course in adolescence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagirl View Post
I am still in pseudo shock from the positive test. I am not sure why, as I was quite late, but a few earlier tests came back -.

I am due early july with our 4th. I have been nursing since my first was born through 2 other pregnancies and still nursing 2 babies.

I did have an early third labor (28 weeks) which i think was pushed a little by tandem nursing.

The past few weeks have been really the most trying for me in terms of nursing and I am inclined to think the older of the two will wean before this baby arrives.

We have a 4, 3 and 1 year old and I am 41. We will all be older when baby is born except for 3 year old.

Isn't this exciting!

Ok - edited to add that I had two unmedicated fast births with my first two and then a quick mild crampy labor with my third who was footling breech and 3 months early. I went to hospital and they did an emergency section and put me under.

There is one medical hospital that will do vbacs here but am worried they will feel i am too high risk for them because of early labor last time and my age. Husband already said we will get midwife right away though. Really do not want another section (or baby in nicu for 2 months).
I had a sub-chorionic hemorrhage with my third baby at 12 weeks which I suspect had something to do with my tandem-nursing my second child. I also felt *awful* after his birth possibly because I continued to tandem-nurse afterward. I also had two back-to-back early losses last fall/winter while nursing my toddler (including lots of night-nursing) and my progesterone was reeeeaaally low both times.

I'm halfheartedly cutting back on the nursing now to try to keep this little one good and sticky. My toddler isn't ready, I can tell, but he'll be four years old next week and I'm trying not to let myself feel too guilty about it.

I've come to the (very unscientific) conclusion that some of us can get away with tandem nursing in our twenties but as we get older (mid-30s+) maybe our bodies aren't as capable as they used to be of making enough progesterone to support a growing baby and making milk.

Mama
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to Girl 2/00, Girl 1/03, Boy 3/06, Boy 11/10, and Girl! 7/15!
Metasequoia is offline  
#27 of 36 Old 11-10-2014, 12:41 PM
 
ballerina85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Glad to hear it went well for you.. I am so hoping for the same
ballerina85 is offline  
#28 of 36 Old 11-10-2014, 12:53 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hi All,

I'm Katie, my EDD is July 8, with our first! 27, and hubby is 29. We've been married for just under 6 years.

We're incredibly excited, and overjoyed. My first appointment with my midwife practice is in a couple weeks, just to go over what the practice has to offer, and then a couple weeks after we'll both be going in to hear the heartbeat
katydid5 is offline  
#29 of 36 Old 11-10-2014, 05:40 PM
 
mamamargo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid5 View Post
Hi All,

I'm Katie, my EDD is July 8, with our first! 27, and hubby is 29. We've been married for just under 6 years.

We're incredibly excited, and overjoyed. My first appointment with my midwife practice is in a couple weeks, just to go over what the practice has to offer, and then a couple weeks after we'll both be going in to hear the heartbeat
Congrats Katie! I am 26 and my husband is 27, so we're similar in age. This is our first as well and we're also madly excited about it! Our EDD is July 1st. Welcome!
-Margo
mamamargo is offline  
#30 of 36 Old 11-10-2014, 05:57 PM
 
Mallow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
It's nice to meet everyone so far! Congratulations on all of the pregnancies!
Mallow is offline  
Reply


User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Online Users: 16,708

24 members and 16,684 guests
babydoulajo , Deborah , girlspn , hillymum , JElaineB , KristinaMarie , KT'smama , lisak1234 , Midwestmom2009 , Mirzam , MountainMamaGC , mumto1 , NaturallyKait , philomom , rocky , RollerCoasterMama , sarrahlnorris , shantimama , Skippy918 , tapatio , verticalscope , zebra15
Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.