Mothering Forum banner

The SYMPTOMS Thread!

25K views 897 replies 42 participants last post by  Wild Rose 
#1 · (Edited)
How is everyone feeling?

I am somewhere between 5 and 6 weeks. Lots of crampy achiness down there, very sore boobs, a ton of bloating, and the occasional wave of nausea. That's about it right now!

Oh! How could I forget the diarrhea and constant peeing? That too.

#2 ·
I'm 5 weeks 4 days. I've had nausea off and on, my round ligaments are stretching, sore sensitive boobs, bloating, food aversions, moodiness, tiredness, super smelling ability, and last night I felt a little pressure in my tummy while laying on my stomach. After so many pregnancies, my body just knows what to do. I'm wondering if it will be sooner than 9 weeks to begin to feel my uterus this time!

#3 ·
I'm right at 6 weeks and have an occasional wave of nausea. There was a ton of cramping and bloating at first, but that's subsided. For a couple of days in a row, my cheeks and face would get bright red in the afternoon (weird!). Some serious exhaustion for the first couple of weeks and then for the past two nights, I've woken up with my brain totally "on" not anxious, just bright and wired. Occasional moodiness too, but not so bad. That's my story for now!

#4 ·
I usually get hit pretty hard with morning sickness by 6 weeks, so I am frantically trying to get the rest of Christmas and Thanksgiving (which I host for my family) planned out so I can sack out on the couch as much as possible in another couple of weeks. :grin:

I'm not even 4 weeks yet, but I've been voraciously hungry the past three days for no good reason. I usually lose several pounds in my first trimester, so I am not that worried about putting on a little extra in the next two weeks. Plus, I have a half marathon in a day, so I guess I need to load up a little.

One pregnancy "symptom" that I hate is the anxiety when wiping after going pee and compulsively checking for spotting. I've never miscarried, but it still makes me anxious for quite a while. :frown:

#6 ·
One pregnancy "symptom" that I hate is the anxiety when wiping after going pee and compulsively checking for spotting. I've never miscarried, but it still makes me anxious for quite a while. :frown:
Oh, goddess, me too! I wish I had the will-power not to look. My last two m/c began with very light pink spotting when I wiped. :(

My breasts a re mildly sore but that often happens between O and AF. My nipples are really sore when my toddler nurses, which is unusual. Around Halloween, I started having some constipation issues which is unusual for me and that got me wondering, but I wrote it off as being too early. A few round ligament pulls - those hurt! - but that's a pretty good indicator of pregnancy for me. A few days ago my appetite surged after dropping down a bit recently and that was odd... The whole thing is tricky because I've had this awful cold since Monday. I can't tell if my muscles in my lower ab area are sore from all of this coughing or if it's pregnancy-related. And, I'm worried I'll cough so much that it'll un-stick this little baby. :( I had whooping cough when I was 6 months pregnant with my last baby, but he was pretty well "rooted" by that point. I think I am peeing more frequently...

I'll be thrilled when nausea kicks in! All of my successful pregnancies have been plagued by nausea from week 6/7-20+ and I didn't have any nausea with my losses (3 total - 1 at 8 wks, 1 at 6 wks, and 1 at 5 wks.) I usually envy the mamas who get through pregnancy without any nausea, but for me, I feel better knowing there's lots of HCG flowing and it makes me hurl. :)

#5 ·
My Symptoms

1. My mouth has been super dry, no matter how much I drink! I guess it's my body's way of getting me to drink plenty of water.

2. I'm majorly tired. Like, every flat service, including the floor, looks inviting.

3. I think my boobs are getting a little bigger. I'm pretty happy about this, since I am pear-shaped, and having bigger boobs makes me look more proportional!

4. I might be a little more irritable. Normally, I'm a pretty calm driver, but today, I honked my horn at people on two different occasions (the drivers did deserve it, because they did really dumb/inconsiderate/illegal things, but I'm usually more laid-back and merciful)!

#7 ·
Bloating and feeling urge to pee when I'm trying to sleep and not being able to side lay nurse without pressure from baby pushing into me that makes me feel like I need to pee. Combo of 13 month old knee into my bladder and growing uterus into my bladder is awful. Plus even right after peeing it feels uncomfortable and hard to sleep. Daytime not so bad.

#8 ·
I have been really dry and thirsty too.

Also the flushed cheeks for a few weeks. It was awful! I felt like I was sunburned. Def. hormonal- it is better now at 6 weeks... I have food allergies and it felt like a constant reaction.

queasy- esp if I don't eat often.

craving protein- unusual for me. I am typically a carb girl for about 14 weeks. also starving. Also unusual. I have gotten acupuncture (my midwife is trained in TCM and acupuncture) to try to stimulate my appetite during the first trimester.

nursing HURTS. sandpapery. :(

#10 ·
My sense of smell is the biggest thing, which is an issue with my 2.5 year old still in diapers! I'm feeling overall gross and really tired, but not really nauseous yet. I'm not even 4 weeks, though, so the best is yet to come.

Getting holiday stuff done now is a really, really good idea. I should probably do that, too.

#11 ·
Getting holiday stuff done now is a really, really good idea. I should probably do that, too.
Oof. I've never been in the first trimester leading up to the holidays before. Last baby was an almost-Thanksgvining-baby so I felt like I had to get all of the holiday stuff done before he came because I didn't want to have to do it with a newborn in tow. Other babes came in winter, but after the holidays.

I can't even get my head around this idea because I'm still trying not to become attached to the idea of having a baby. Maybe I just need to dive in wholeheartedly and forget the worry.

#12 ·
I'm 7 weeks along. I am either nauseous or have heartburn pretty much all day and night (Yuck!). My boobs have been sore and growing/firming up a LOT (that was my first sign before we took a test), enough that I'm already noticing some tiny stretch marks on them, my BM every day is diarrhea, always loose stools so far for me. Very thirsty all the time. Non-stop food aversions to foods that I normally love to eat daily. Hyper-strong sense of smell.

Basically, I'm looking forward to the end of the first trimester and really hoping the nausea clears up by then so I don't have to hate food anymore. :wink:

#13 ·
I am 6 weeks today. I've had a bit of heartburn and indigestion, but not nausea yet, and quite a bit crampiness. Today I had some spotting, so I'll have to call the clinic in the morning--I am still under the care of the Fertility clinic where I had the IVF--haven't even seen my midwives yet! I know that spotting is not unusual, but I have never had it in a pregnancy before, so I feel nervous.
Tired, tired, tired.

#15 ·
Hunger!

Today, I've been experiencing a new symptom: hunger! Even though I've been eating a really nutrient-dense diet:

Breakfast: 3 egg omelet with cheddar cheese and sauteed kale and spinach, 1 shot espresso with half-and-half

Lunch: Salad with chicken, herbal tea

Snack: Pear with handful of peanuts

Dinner: 2 Slices of meatloaf, raw celery and bell pepper slices

Snack: Grapefruit with a few almonds, herbal tea

Every time snack/meal time rolls around, I've been so ready for it! My stomach is literally growling right now, even though I just ate my evening snack a couple of hours ago.

I'm going to generally try to follow the Brewer Diet throughout this pregnancy. I'm allowing myself to have one cup of coffee every other day. With my other pregnancies, I didn't drink coffee at all, but the recommendations have been revised since my last pregnancy, and now that I already have three kids, it's hard to make it through a day without coffee! I might try to cut back even more, maybe to once a week, because I'm still a little nervous about caffeine's potential effect on the baby.

Anyway, now I'm rambling. Better head to bed. Best wishes to all you lovely pregnant ladies as you adjust to/endure your symptoms!

#17 ·
Actually, it was just plain luck. I have never, ever been able to get everything at once, usually it's one thing here and there. I was shocked to be able to find exactly what I wanted and just do it. I even got a couple things for James, and I never have a chance for that!

My second baby was born two days after thanksgiving. It sucked. I was SO huge and miserable (and constipated!) I literally thought I would die!

#18 ·
My second baby was born two days after thanksgiving. It sucked. I was SO huge and miserable (and constipated!) I literally thought I would die!
Aw, that stinks. You should have done a do-over. :lol At least there's leftovers, right? They're even better than the original meal, imo.

My last baby was due ON Thanksgiving and we called him "The Turkey" the whole pregnancy...which quickly mutated into "The Turkolator" and "The Funky Monkelator" after he was born. Don't ask, we're a weird bunch over here. Anyway, he ended up coming a week early so he was 5 days old when we drove out to the farm two days before Thanksgiving to pick up our turkey - and he slept the *entire* time and my boobs were like boulders by the time we got home.

#20 ·
First queasy tummy day, whenever empty.
Sigh. I always gain fifty pounds and I'd love to not start off on that rocketship just yet, so I'm eating kale, quinoa, spinach, seeds, nuts, eggs, berries, cottage cheese and yogurt in moderation and avocados. Hoping against hope to not blow up like a whale this time if at all possible.

I have an audition for a spot as singer in a band in two weeks and I want to look my best and not my bloatiest.

#21 ·
I had my first bad nausea day today. Ugh, I was hoping I might get to skip that part this time around. I've also had my low carb diet go out the door. I have been eating lots of gluten free bread ( we are GF), mashed potatoes, and grass-fed burgers? I've also noticed my taste and smell have heightened. I have also been craving cheese which I normally can't do due to lactose issues but it never seems to bother me during pregnancy for some reason.

I need to stock up on some good quick protein snacks as that seems to help the nausea the most. I found these nut butter pouches that come in all different types and I'm loving them, so easy to keep a bunch in my purse and eat on the go. And my favorite trail mixes are making me feel yucky :(

What are your go to snacks?

#23 ·
I'm almost 5 weeks and so far am not having many symptoms, which makes me a little uneasy...I hope I'm just lucky! I do have a super sense of smell (which is really unusual for me) and tender breasts along with some light cramping, and today I feel tired and emotional but I'm not sure if that's a new symptom or just how I'm feeling today. I've been pretty hungry today but also not sure if that will continue. My mom didn't have any first trimester symptoms with me, so I'm hoping that I can avoid morning sickness, but I'd be happy to take it if it means a healthy pregnancy. I'm hoping my body is figuring this out!

#24 ·
I'm only 4 weeks but not noticing much. Breasts are off and on tender. My libido is still on the up which would be unusual for this time of my cycle. I *always* have super-human smelling abilities but just *maybe* it's even more super-human? And I have this sort of warm, cozy, sleepy, relaxed feeling and I can't tell if it's my natural progesterone being higher or if it's from the Naturethroid I started over the weekend? I like this feeling and wish it would last. Exception was this morning when I woke up with a racing heart and panicky feeling. I had that with one of my last pregnancies and I did NOT enjoy it. Might just be nerves from worrying about everything in early pregnancy.

#26 ·
Exception was this morning when I woke up with a racing heart and panicky feeling. I had that with one of my last pregnancies and I did NOT enjoy it. Might just be nerves from worrying about everything in early pregnancy.
I had this with a previous pregnancy as well and I've had it once so far with this one. I reaaally don't like that feeling! I'm 4 weeks 5 days my only symptom is mild breast tenderness which comes and goes. I get very nervous when it goes. Oh and I've had some heartburn already- is it even possible for it to be pregnancy related so early? I don't really get it when I'm not pregnant- I had awful heartburn with my daughter but not until at least the late 2nd trimester. Oh one more ;) I'm pretty absent minded- opening the wrong cupboards, forgetting what I'm supposed to be doing, that kind of thing.

#29 ·
Heartburn ideas

So my heartburn has been pretty constant for the past two weeks, day and night. I also have nausea throughout the day, but that comes and goes and I think taking my B6 vitamins has been helping with that, as well as not overdoing anything.

But, I would really like to figure out something to lessen the heartburn. I'm doing a lot of the recommended things already, eating a bunch of small meals instead of larger ones, not drinking while eating, sleeping with head/torso propped up, etc. But I haven't seen any significant relief.

I'm going to the store today to buy some Digestive Enzymes, which were recommended on the blog MamaNatural as something to take before each meal to kick start the digestive process and reduce the chance of heartburn afterwards. Does anybody have experience trying these? I'll let you guys know what I think after I've been taking them for a few days. Ginger lozenges have also been recommended to me (which I found odd, because I thought ginger helped with nausea, not heartburn?)

Does anybody else have any natural solutions that have helped them in the past with bad pregnancy heartburn? I want to stop taking Tums and find a more natural solution.... Thanks ladies!

#31 ·
I haven't had too many symptoms so far. A touch of dizziness and nausea when I get hungry or hot. I'm tired. I've also had the anxiety, racing heart, etc. especially in the middle of the night. Nice.
I've been using magnesium oil for several months now, and I've read that helps with ms, so maybe it's keeping it mild.
But I still feel nervous! I don't want to get sick, but I'd like more signs of this pregnancy. Although I guess the Braxton hicks should make it feel more real, lol.

#33 ·
That's right about the magnesium & nausea; I forgot about that! It should help with the BH, too.

I've entered the crampy stage. I hate this part since, even though you know it's normal, I don't like cramping in early pregnancy! I've also gagged a few times, which scares me. I didn't throw up at all (except labor with my first) with my boys :/
How many weeks are you? In my last healthy pregnancy, I remember just being crampy around when my period was due and I kept thinking it was coming but it never did. I don't remember cramping after that (not that it's not normal.) I hope I don't get crampy this time - I don't think my nerves could handle it. Maybe magnesium would help? It relaxes all of our muscles, including the uterus...

#38 ·
Today I'm 4 weeks, 4 days and I've been dizzy all day, slightly queasy, hot, and I can't stop yawning. Definitely not mouth-watering nausea yet, but just sort of "off." Part of me is hoping that I wake up really nauseous because that's a good sign for me but the little voice in the back of my mind is telling me not to wish for it!

When I have to pee it's like I suddenly have to go REALLY bad and almost don't make it. :bag Anybody else have that weirdness going on?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.