Mothering Forum banner

Hungry!

604 views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Wild Rose 
#1 ·
Today I was HUNGRY! I spent way too much money on food because I just wanted to eat. Lots of stuff sounded/looked gross, but I've been wanting some savory dishes today. I just had to have spaghetti and meatballs for dinner so that's what we're having. And I couldn't resist buying Argentinean red shrimp at Trader Joe's. I'm looking forward to holiday open houses. :eat

#4 ·
I've been extra hungry too, but also nauseous, so there's been a lot of being hungry but waiting to eat until the nausea passes and then I'm REALLY hungry. I'm also really craving sweets but I'm trying to have a relatively sugar-free pregnancy (with social exceptions for holidays and such) so I've been pretty good about not giving in. The one thing that's gonna kill me during the holidays is not stopping at St. Arbucks for peppermint mochas.

Oddly I've been craving beans lately. Refried bean and cheese nachos, bean soups etc.

#5 ·
Oh, waiting to eat is such a BAD idea. This morning I decided to wash last night's dishes before I ate and I started to get tunnel vision and started salivating and thought I might pass out. I quickly poured a glass of milk and took a bite of a meatball and nearly threw up. I couldn't eat anymore meatball but I drank the milk and it helped a little. Then I made oatmeal - which we NEVER eat, because my mom made it the other day and I've been craving it ever since and boy do I feel awful since I ate that. This is the closest I've come to throwing up yet. Ugh.

It's funny about beans - I've been craving black beans, specifically. :)

#7 ·
Mostly, I have a hard time wanting to eat anything. I looked at some cookbooks at the library yesterday and I was really hungry at the time so I guess some things looked good - then I HAD to have them.

Today it's more of making myself eat because I know if I don't, I'll end up vomiting/dry heaving and the only fix for that is eating anyway.

#9 ·
I'd be unconscious in a pool of my own vomit if that was all I ate today.

I ate breakfast and wasn't feeling too hungry so I went for a walk to catch up with DH and the kids at the park. It's not a huge walk, maybe a mile and a half. I was nearly there when my vision started to get all darkish and I felt hot, faint, and nauseous. :( As if on cue, DH and the kids came driving down the road from the other direction and I jumped in the car.

This sort of thing leaves me feeling so anxious. I'm afraid of when it's going to strike and even more afraid I'll be driving or out with the kids.

I ended up at Elevation Burger (again) and felt a bit better right away but I'm still out of sorts. I don't know if it's simply pregnancy or if taking dessicated thyroid is tanking my adrenals. My eyeballs have been sore all week which is usually a sign of coming down with something but I haven't come down with anything. It's freaking me out.

#10 ·
Having a harder time eating today, my nausea is a lot worse and I spent a good bit of the morning dry heaving. My big accomplishment was a bowl of rice chex with banana and some cheese this afternoon. I have cedar plank salmon and broccoli planned for dinner...usually one of my favorites but I'm not sure how that's going to go. I really, really don't want to throw up fish...

#18 ·
ble530 - if you blend cottage cheese and frozen fruit (peaches seem really easy on my morning sickness, mango too, berries don't work for me) with a little milk, you can get a really big hit of protein and it seems like eating frozen yogurt. You might need honey in it. I blended big batches, ate a little and made the rest into popsicles in paper cups to suck on. It helped me get a lot of protein when I wanted nothing, especially not meat.

A friend of mine did this with peanut butter and honey, not fruit, but that was too rich for me.

#20 ·
Last night was the first night I woke up HUNGRY and felt like I couldn't go back to sleep w/o eating. This usually doesn't happen to later on in maybe the 2nd trimester for me. I couldn't think of anything we had that would make a quick snack so I just laid there for an hour trying to go back to sleep.

I remember with my 3rd pregnancy, I'd wake up every single morning at 3am and eat and apple with peanut butter and then go back to bed. :)

I guess I need to start keeping snackable foods on hand...

#21 ·
I am so hungry right now and have tried being creative. All the ideas are sitting around me, untouched but for a bite (m/s- still in my 9th week..).

The one thing I have been able to have as a staple is the morning smoothie. I basically make a milkshake with 2 raw eggs, raw goat milk, a pear or berries and a handful or more of spinach. Really simple, it tastes like a milk shake and it is the only thing that I can eat in the morning. I have to have it and as soon as I can. I think it has to do with texture because cooked eggs are enough to vomit. I am awake at least once every night to eat and so have adapted by making a really simple (nothing stuck in the teeth and no strong flavor) muffin with coconut flour and eggs. I am not vegetarian but I am struggling to get meat protein and veggies right now. Everything sounds awful, unless it doesn't and this always is a surprise!

I love hearing about the unhindered eating. I crave and earn for this!! I can't wait! My usual diet has been totally upended and so it is all out anything goes here- whatever I can eat, I will. It's just that that has not really expanded the options much- hah!

I have found that if I do have a hungry day and the food is just right, if i eat with abandon, I will have a really hard next day. I will vomit a lot and not be able to eat much. Something about the balance right now. Really, there is no making sense of it!

My heart goes out to any one pregnant and hungry but without all the options. I cannot imagine how horrible it would be to be starving while pregnant. The hunger is immense and without food or enough money to buy food, would be devastating.

Happy weekend to everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.