Mothering Forum banner

Boy/Girl Predictions (with questionnaire!)

2K views 42 replies 12 participants last post by  LittleKind 
#1 ·
I lifted this from June's DDC because it looks like so much fun! I posted descriptions if each "test" below the questionnaire.

1) Craving sweet or savory foods:

2) Chinese gender predictor chart:

3) Drano test:

4) Intelligender test:

5) Carrying 'out' vs 'wide':

6) Heartbeat speed (above or below 140 beats per minute):

7) Morning sickness (more for a girl, less for a boy):

8) Acne (more indicates girl):

9) Personal intuition:

10) General opinion:

11) Wedding ring test (hold it by a string over your tummy - swings in circles for a boy, side to side for a girl):

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

1) sweet = girl, savory = boy

2) Handy-dandy chart!

3) Instructions (Dangerous fumes! If you do it, maybe have hubby mix it outside?) Blue = girl, brown = boy (though I've seen these reversed...?)

4) You can order the test...

5) carrying high = girl, carrying low = boy

6) Above 140bpm = girl, under 140 bpm + boy

7) M/S = girl, little M/S = boy

8) Acne = girl

9) What do you feel the gender is?

10) What does everyone else think the gender is?

11) Hold ring by a string over your tummy - swings in circles for a boy, side to side for a girl.

See less See more
#2 ·
I did this in June DDC and it was quite fun - but I didn't know about or try most of the tests. From what I have, it seems girl is more likely, but that was true when I was pregnant with my son, too. My dentist emphatically claimed that I am having a girl and he can tell by my mouth, but I am not sure how. He says he is almost always right from about 4 months on.

#4 ·
1) Craving sweet or savory foods: Craving savory (boy)

2) Chinese gender predictor chart: Chart says girl

3) Drano test:N/A

4) Intelligender test: N/A

5) Carrying 'out' vs 'wide': No bump yet!

6) Heartbeat speed (above or below 140 beats per minute): Above (girl)

7) Morning sickness (more for a girl, less for a boy): Horrible MS, girl

8) Acne (more indicates girl): Skin is BETTER! Boy

9) Personal intuition: No inlking

10) General opinion: Had one person say she thinks it's a boy but we've only told a small handful of people

11) Wedding ring test (hold it by a string over your tummy - swings in circles for a boy, side to side for a girl): Haven't tried it yet

So basically it's 50/50 for me right now on the items that apply. And we're going to be Team Green until the birth so I have a long wait to find out!

#6 · (Edited)
1) Craving sweet or savory foods: Neither

2) Chinese gender predictor chart: Girl, but this one doesn't calculate the age of the woman the way the Chinese were doing it back then so it's not likely to be correct. When I used this one which does take it into account, it says boy. (sorry, my pc is being stupid and won't let me link it in the text.

http://www.chinesegenderchart.info/gender-prediction.php

3) Drano test: We don't keep Drano in the house.

4) Intelligender test: On a budget

5) Carrying 'out' vs 'wide': TBD, but I carried Ana low. I have noticed, couples tend to carry each gender the same way. A different "baby daddy" can change that. BUT one of my SIL has 1 boy and 2 girls. She carried 3 different ways. :)

6) Heartbeat speed (above or below 140 beats per minute): TBD on the 5th, Ana was 160.

7) Morning sickness (more for a girl, less for a boy): Less, but both my Mom and Sister had MORE with boys and less with girls

8) Acne (more indicates girl): None, but I didn't have any with Ana either

9) Personal intuition: Boy because I am pretty sure I conceived the day I ovulated, which is boy most of the time. Ana was conceived a few days before I ovulated.

10) General opinion: TBD since we haven't announced it yet. The dr's office had no opinion, just excited. The MW and I haven't met yet.

11) Wedding ring test (hold it by a string over your tummy - swings in circles for a boy, side to side for a girl): Twins (which I keep feeling too) a boy and a girl! :eek:

12. ) After 10 weeks, put a little baking soda in a cup, add urine. If it fizzes like pop, it's a boy. If not, it's a girl. I think that was more a girl? I will YouTube it, but I'm using too much pc power right now uploading pictures for my Mom to see. It fizzed a little, but not much. I know my normal pH is around 6.7 or 6.8 so slightly acidic. I haven't checked it in several weeks though.

#7 ·
mrskoen I agree with you on the chinese one. I used the one you linked and got different results. Also agree that boys can make more MS than girls. I thought ds was a girl because of ms, acne, etc...and he is not.

I did this survey on June DDC and added that my dentist told me it is a girl, that he is almost always right by 4 months and can tell by my gums. So, I told him he is a witch doctor.

Reactions: MrsKoehn
#8 · (Edited)
Okay, I'm ready. :)

1) Craving sweet or savory foods: Definitely savory.

2) Chinese gender predictor chart: The one I originally linked to said "Boy," and the more traditional one that MrsKoehn linked to said "Girl."

3) Drano test: I don't keep chemicals in the house and would never be able to bring myself to buy it.

4) Intelligender test: Not spending money on it.

5) Carrying 'out' vs 'wide': I've carried all in front with all of my pregnancies (2 girls, 2 boys - though my boys were maybe lower..but they were also #s 3 & 4.) I expect to carry all in front with this one too.

6) Heartbeat speed (above or below 140 beats per minute): 165 - another girl vote!

7) Morning sickness (more for a girl, less for a boy): Less than my other pregnancies but it was wicked, wicked with my other four, no difference between genders.

8) Acne (more indicates girl): I never have acne, pregnant or not.

9) Personal intuition: I think I feel "boy," but that could be because my last two were boys and that's my mindset right now?

10) General opinion: DH says "boy," but he's said that for all of them. Best friend told me she's had a very strong sense of "girl" since I told her.

11) Wedding ring test (hold it by a string over your tummy - swings in circles for a boy, side to side for a girl): Mixed. First time it said "boy," second time it said "girl." When I asked the ring to show me "yes" and to show me "no" (like when using a pendulum), it said no to both boy and girl. Yikes. Maybe later I'll get out my pendulum and ask it...

I peed on some baking soda in a cup and it didn't do much of anything which is supposed to mean "girl."

I feel like I have a lot of girl signs...but I think I'd feel relieved it it's a boy because deep down, I think that's what I want and I don't want to feel guilty if it's a girl.

I'm going to have my nuchal scan and MaterniT21+ this coming Friday, so I should know the sex about 2 weeks from now. it'll be interesting to see how these "tests" hold up!

#9 · (Edited)
1) Craving sweet or savory foods: savory- boy

2) Chinese gender predictor chart: girl both tests

3) Drano test: n/a

4) Intelligender test: n/a

5) Carrying 'out' vs 'wide': out/high. boy?

6) Heartbeat speed (above or below 140 beats per minute): ??appt soon

7) Morning sickness (more for a girl, less for a boy): less (boy) although as a mom of 6 boys and 2 girls so far- I have been slightly sicker with the boys.

8) Acne (more indicates girl): more -girl

9) Personal intuition: girl

10) General opinion: i think girl

11) Wedding ring test (hold it by a string over your tummy - swings in circles for a boy, side to side for a girl): not yet

**baking soda test says girl**

Harmony results will be back in about a week.. :)

#11 ·
Harmony results will be back in about a week.. :)
Exciting! How are you handling the waiting?

Has anyone ever seen the baking soda test indicate boy? I just would imagine that peeing on baking soda would basically never do anything. Is it supposed to be related to the ph of your body? I should look this up.
I read in another DDC that a mama and her two friends did in their last pgs and it was correct for all of them....

Yes, it has to do with the pH of the urine and I imagine all sorts of things could affect that.

I woke up the night before last and my mind was flooded with girls names - the first I've actually thought about this pregnancy resulting in a baby.

My MaterniT21 is this Friday! 3 more days! Excited but nervous. It'll be a long week after that... I'm going to have to keep myself busy.

#10 ·
Has anyone ever seen the baking soda test indicate boy? I just would imagine that peeing on baking soda would basically never do anything. Is it supposed to be related to the ph of your body? I should look this up.

#13 ·
So far! (Will edit as I do more) :)

1) Craving sweet or savory foods: SAVORY, I despise sweets (boy)

2) Chinese gender predictor chart: Both charts linked said girl

3) Drano test: N/A

4) Intelligender test: N/A

5) Carrying 'out' vs 'wide': Out so far (boy)

6) Heartbeat speed (above or below 140 beats per minute): N/A

7) Morning sickness (more for a girl, less for a boy): Most of all my pregnancies (girl)

8) Acne (more indicates girl): Yes and I NEVER break out (girl)

9) Personal intuition: Girl

10) General opinion: No opinions yet :)

11) Wedding ring test (hold it by a string over your tummy - swings in circles for a boy, side to side for a girl): Haven't done yet but willl try!

#14 ·
Can we add nub theory test to the questionnaire? http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2009/06/03/nub-theory-baby-gender-prediction-at-12-weeks/

Anyone want to guess my baby's angle of the dangle?

In the top I see girl, in the bottom I see boy.

I lifted this from June's DDC because it looks like so much fun! I posted descriptions if each "test" below the questionnaire.

1) Craving sweet or savory foods: neither but especially not sweets

2) Chinese gender predictor chart: boy

3) Drano test:na

4) Intelligender test: na

5) Carrying 'out' vs 'wide': always wide

6) Heartbeat speed (above or below 140 beats per minute): 180

7) Morning sickness (more for a girl, less for a boy): so much!

8) Acne (more indicates girl): body acne but not on face

9) Personal intuition: no idea

10) General opinion: no idea

11) Wedding ring test (hold it by a string over your tummy - swings in circles for a boy, side to side for a girl): haven't bothered

#18 ·
How many weeks were you at the u/s?

Can we add nub theory test to the questionnaire? http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2009/06/03/nub-theory-baby-gender-prediction-at-12-weeks/

Anyone want to guess my baby's angle of the dangle?

In the top I see girl, in the bottom I see boy.

1) Craving sweet or savory foods: neither but especially not sweets

3) Drano test:na

4) Intelligender test: na

5) Carrying 'out' vs 'wide': always wide

6) Heartbeat speed (above or below 140 beats per minute): 180

7) Morning sickness (more for a girl, less for a boy): so much!

8) Acne (more indicates girl): body acne but not on face

9) Personal intuition: no idea

10) General opinion: no idea

11) Wedding ring test (hold it by a string over your tummy - swings in circles for a boy, side to side for a girl): haven't bothered

#16 ·
Ooh yay, this is fun!

1) Craving sweet or savory foods: Savory, which is so unusual for me!

3) Drano test: what's that?

4) Intelligender test: what's that?

5) Carrying 'out' vs 'wide': low

6) Heartbeat speed (above or below 140 beats per minute): above

7) Morning sickness (more for a girl, less for a boy): massive MS

8) Acne (more indicates girl): nope

9) Personal intuition: boy

10) General opinion: boy

11) Wedding ring test (hold it by a string over your tummy - swings in circles for a boy, side to side for a girl): I can't get my wedding ring off!!

#17 ·
Updated for the baking soda test results. I YouTubed it, and only looked at 2 or 3. They were all as or less fizzy than mine. They concluded girls. Here's an interesting one, next time you want to cook up a red cabbage.

Reactions: eternalw
#20 ·
That's about where I should be tomorrow! Fun to see what to expect development-wise. I love that we're beginning to share u/s photos! (How did you do that, by the way? I only ever get a paper copy...)

To be honest, I can't tell what anything is in your u/s photos! looks like a tiny peanut. :) I guess being there to watch the live show and have the tech point things out helps to clarify what you're seeing.

I'm so excited! Maybe the excitement is even surpassing the anxiety...

DH is now going to come with me tomorrow (something we didn't even discuss until last night.) I think I'm so hesitant to let this little one into my heart that I forget that it's his baby too.

#21 ·
It was an iPhone pic of the paper copy. Used imgur to post it.
Ok if my uterus there is a clock and you imagine the hour hands pointing from the center....
Baby's head (you can see profile of face) at ten o'clock, trunk at two o'clock, legs (well feet are visible) at five o'clock, and hands at eight o'clock. Nub is poking from trunk at about three o'clock.

#22 ·
I was able to figure out the face and go from there. It took me a minute or two to figure out the arms and legs since the hands/feet seem to be detached. :lol

My first u/s picture from 8/9 weeks looks like a lumpy potato.

#30 · (Edited)
1) Craving sweet or savory foods: Hmmm, almost 50/50 here but mostly sweet.

2) Chinese gender predictor chart: "Girl."

3) Drano test: Won't be doing this...

4) Intelligender test: Won't be doing this either...

5) Carrying 'out' vs 'wide': I'm not big enough to tell yet.

6) Heartbeat speed (above or below 140 beats per minute): 160 - but my MW said at this early stage that could still mean either gender, whereas later term it would indicate girl.

7) Morning sickness (more for a girl, less for a boy): Plenty...

8) Acne (more indicates girl): Yeah, ridiculous. I was hoping it would go away after 1st Tri ended, but alas...

9) Personal intuition: I have thought since the very very beginning that this is a boy. Daydreams/dreams are of a boy, instinctively keep calling them "He", etc.

10) General opinion: All male relatives think it's a boy, all female relatives (with a few exceptions) say girl. Friends won't even guess. :)

11) Wedding ring test (hold it by a string over your tummy - swings in circles for a boy, side to side for a girl): Haven't done this...

Regardless of the results coming up mostly girl, I'm still convinced it's a boy. :) Guess we'll find out in a few weeks! ;)

#31 ·
After insisting on this baby being a boy so far, DH held my belly last night and said, "I think that's my baby girl." What?? I wonder what made him change his mind? He said he just had a feeling... Guess we'll know next week! Eek!

#32 ·
1) Craving sweet or savory foods: Savory -boy

2) Chinese gender predictor chart: Girl

3) Drano test: Girl

4) Intelligender test: not doing

5) Carrying 'out' vs 'wide': too early to tell, usually out because I gain a lot of weight, I look fairly pregnant on top, so maybe out? Haha

6) Heartbeat speed (above or below 140 beats per minute): 160s - girl

7) Morning sickness (more for a girl, less for a boy): - lasted the longest for me - girl

8) Acne (more indicates girl): more than I've ever had since high school! - girl

9) Personal intuition: none

10) General opinion: some of each

11) Wedding ring test (hold it by a string over your tummy - swings in circles for a boy, side to side for a girl): didn't do

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I had a gender u/s today. Very clearly a BOY!
We are excited!

#36 ·
Yes!! Any day this week!! The nurse apologized for not having the results on Friday and said that she doesn't know if it had to do with the holidays, but that results that usually take a week are taking more like two weeks. I bet I'll know by mid-week!

#37 ·
If you're having a boy, I'll put a :storkboy next to your name on the roll call list.

If you're having a girl, I'll put a :storkgirl next to your name.

And if it'll be a surprise (whether you wanted it to be or you couldn't find out!), I'll put a :surprise next to your name.

:grin:

#38 ·
So I already found out this morning that I am having a boy, but I filled this out in my mind last week before I knew (I'm on my phone more than my computer and my phone won't let me post replies for some reason) and thought that I would go ahead and post it anyway.

1) Craving sweet or savory foods:
Savory (boy)

2) Chinese gender predictor chart: Girl

3) Drano test: Didn't do it

4) Intelligender test: Didn't do it

5) Carrying 'out' vs 'wide': Too early to tell...I'm not showing much yet

6) Heartbeat speed (above or below 140 beats per minute): Above (girl)

7) Morning sickness (more for a girl, less for a boy): None (boy; before any of you sick ladies feel envious, consider that I had to wait 15 whole long months to get pregnant in the first place...not that there is really fairness in the world, but having to wait so long and then being sick on top of it would be a double-whammy!)

8) Acne (more indicates girl): None (boy)

9) Personal intuition: Boy, which I've felt since the first week

10) General opinion: DH, my mom, and my best friends said girl

11) Wedding ring test (hold it by a string over your tummy - swings in circles for a boy, side to side for a girl): Didn't do it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.