Mothering Forum banner

Sad news: trigger alert

436 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Metasequoia 
#1 ·
It is with a heavy heart that I am here to say that I miscarried this past Sunday. On December 10th I had some light brown spotting when I wiped. I decided to go in for an US and got in the next day. We discovered that I had had a missed miscarriage as the baby was measuring only 6 weeks but I was 10 according to my conceptions date. They said it is likely that the baby passed around 8 weeks. I began having red bleeding after the US but no cramps. It took 10 days from the time we found out until I passed all the tissue and was extremely physically and emotionally difficult. I am glad I was able to complete it naturally at home as I was pushed to go in for a D and C fur to infection risks. I wish you all super healthy and easy pregnancies and births. Thank you all for all of your support!

#2 ·
I am so sorry for your loss. I has a similar missed miscarriage in 2011 at 11weeks. I found lots of comfort in the loss boards here on MDC.

Typed with fat fingers. Children stole my brain.

#4 ·
It can be so hard to offer comfort in times like this, but i really felt i should try. First off, I'm so sorry dear, nothing can compare to miscarrying. Time will heal your heart. Years ago, I mcd about the same weeks you did. It was my first, i was young, i did the d and c. Till this day i still wonder if the dr could have been wrong. Take heart in never having to wonder. Being able to mc at home offers closure that a d and c can't. If you're a woman of faith, I'd be happy to pm some biblical based encouragement and hope. Take care, things will get better as you move through the grieving process.❤

#5 ·
I'm sorry, Mama. :hug I've had a few miscarriages, but never a missed miscarriage; that must be heart-wrenching.

I'm glad you were able to go through this naturally as I think it gives you time to process more than having it "dealt with" medically (I've done both and natural was less traumatic for me.)

Peace to you and your family.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.