Mothering Forum banner

Weekly Chat ~ 3/22-3/28

2K views 51 replies 14 participants last post by  BarefootBrooke 
#1 ·
Wow, I feel like March is really flying by, even though the temperature can't seem to get near the 60s or even stay in the 50s very often!

All of that snow we got on Friday (a bit over 6") is completely gone, except for some piles that the plow made. The red maples are just bursting with buds and they look like they'll open any day now. I'm curious what April will be like this year... It might be a swampy Easter!

I've had three consecutive downright delicious nights of full sleep. Last night I was asleep by 10pm and didn't wake once until 6am and dozed until 7am before getting up. It is pure heaven and I admit I'm a bit sad that I only have maybe 16 weeks left to get this kind of sleep. I've been having a lot of "what were we thinking??" moments these past few days and I wish I could just get over it. This is the first pregnancy where I've found myself plotting ways to get sleep after baby comes. I've thought of handing baby over to Dad, Nana, or siblings around 7pm and going to bed myself and then when she needs to nurse, they can bring her to me but at least I could get a few solid hours each night. This is the hard part for me about having babies - the lack of sleep, especially that first month, and ever worse, knowing the feeling of that kind of sleep deprivation is coming and there's nothing I can do about it.

My mom, sister, and niece should arrive back from Florida in less than a month. I'm both excited and not. I get used to our tiny little bubble of family over the winter and then there's suddenly more people to deal with every day and it's just something we have to adapt to.

I think I'm going to focus on building the bedroom closet like a clothing storage system so I can get rid of the dressers. This has been on my to-do list for some time and I just need something to focus on right now.

The one thing that I've been thinking I could use for baby is some place to lay her down where she'll be safe. I'm not sure how my 4 year old will be around her (when I'm not looking) so if I do find something, it'll depend on him how often I can leave her there... I'm thinking like a bassinet of some sort, or a small cradle. Something I can move from one floor to the other without too much trouble and small enough that I can keep it in the kitchen if that's where I'm working. Maybe just a small wooden cradle and I can put a sheepskin in it so I don't have to think about mattresses/pads and flame retardant chemicals.
That and diapers...that's all I think I really need.

I have a midwife appointment tomorrow morning, so that's something fun to look forward to! I'm going to ask that we try to only use the fetoscope from here on out. I feel baby moving constantly, so I don't feel like I need to hear her HB now.

What are your plans for this week? How are you passing the chilly spring days while waiting for warmth?

See less See more
#2 ·
@Metasequoia glad you are sleeping so well! Good luck with your organizing today! I really need to tackle my closet, but I think I'll do that when I no longer have a sick husband lying in bed coughing everywhere. :)

It's really cold today, but very sunny. I think we're supposed to get back to "normal" tomorrow. I have a bunch of food prep for the week plus cleaning to do today. It's not that messy, but I feel like everything is dusty (probably because we both hate dusting!).

#5 ·
It's really cold today, but very sunny. I think we're supposed to get back to "normal" tomorrow. I have a bunch of food prep for the week plus cleaning to do today. It's not that messy, but I feel like everything is dusty (probably because we both hate dusting!).
I hate dusting too and I swear our house gets unusually dusty. Every time I go to someone else's house, I try to look at higher book shelves or out of the way places to see if they get dust like we do. I swear that I can wipe shelves down and by evening, there's a thin layer all over again! It's like "5 o'clock dust!"

#3 ·
I'm glad you are feeling better and getting sleep @Metasequoia!

After our mid-March warmth, we are back to 30s and 40s here. I'm trying to remember that those temps are a vast improvement over February! Still, it was so, so nice to feel the warm sun some of those days. We started seeing robins this past week. I have only noticed leaf buds on my lilac bushes.

I haven't had too much of a problem with sleep and a newborn. They have always woken up often, but with nursing side lying in bed, I don't feel that interrupted. I think maybe my love of the newborn stage overshadows anything not do great about it. Plus, it's hard for me to be dragged out in the summer. I'll feel happier and more energetic because of sun and warmth and having that baby out of me!

This week we have a math night at school on Wednesday and a zoo field trip and a school concert Thursday. Half day on Friday and spring break next week. Oh, almost forgot! Tuesday I have a chiro appointment, then I'm getting a pedicure and eye brow threading with friends, then a book club dinner. Yay, fun evening for me. :) Wednesday I have a midwife appointment.

I was having a really hard time getting down floradix or iron pills, I was at Target and saw the Flinstone brand of kids chewables have a version with iron. That's what I'm taking for now, and no gagging. I know it's not the best option, but I was running out of ideas. I also ate a real cow burger yesterday, which is odd for a vegetarian. :)

#4 ·
@Emanresu, we're only at 41 F today and tomorrow and I keep thinking too what a vast improvement it is over the teens and 20s we had in February! But I still just want something over 60 F!

My newborns always poop after each feeding, so I have to get up and change a diaper after each session - and many, many times, just as I get that diaper fastened, they poop all over again! It's not uncommon for me to have to change 3 diapers back to back in those first weeks. I've also never had a brand new baby who hasn't needed assistance with latching initially. My breasts get HUGE with milk and it's very difficult for them to get their little mouths positioned correctly until my breasts soften up after a few weeks. So I usually have a chair upstairs next to the bed with a flashlight for those first weeks of nursing, until we have our latch figured out. Once baby can latch easily and nurse side-lying in bed (and not poop 357836548 times a night!), sleep is much more restful. :)

You're so right though that this will be my first baby born in the summer and what a treat it will be for me to be able to just walk out onto the deck every morning and relax in the warm sunshine. I think that will help to offset the lack of sleep and may even improve the sleep I manage to get. I just realized, while typing this, that I'll have to think about mosquitoes and juicy baby skin. Ugh.

I'm already feeling excited at the thought of baby being on the outside! Though I vividly remember at times, thinking how much easier life was with baby on the inside! It was probably all of that lack of sleep stuff...

Sounds like you have a busy week! You know what I want more than anything? An hour long massage every day. :lol If money were no issue...

A real cow burger sounds DELICIOUS! Sounds like an easy (and yummy!) way to get your iron level up. :D We have an Elevation Burger across the street and not one day goes by that I don't think of that place and drool a little. :lol

#6 ·
My first baby pooped with every nurse session, but my next two babies did not. I also only had the rockhard boobs and overactive letdown with my first. I am hoping for a repeat of baby's 2 & 3! I guess you just never know though.

An hour long massage every day sounds divine!

#7 ·
Have you looked into a Rock n Play, @Metasequoia ? They're super light and easy to find for pretty cheap. That's what we use around the house and outside. It's also convenient for travelling when they're little.

Our weather has been pretty amazing, even though I feel like it's been raining constantly. When it's dry, though, it's really beautiful outside. I know it'll start getting deathly hot in the next month, but springtime here is always pretty awesome! We weeded our garden the other day, so now we just need to work on the soil and then get our veggies/flowers planted! I'm hoping to go get some milkweed, as well, since there's a shortage in our area. Not to mention that it will bring butterflies! I'm a fan of bees in the sense that they have a purpose, but I much prefer providing hospitality to non-stinging pollinators ;)

Our bedroom remodel is moving along quite nicely! DH got all the electrical stuff complete, and the insulation is fully installed! If the rain stays away today, he'll be buying the drywall. We're having someone come and install it and do the taping/floating, though. Ideally, it will be ready to paint when DH gets home from Florida this weekend! So, I could potentially have my bed back in my bedroom in a week!

This week is kind of intense for us. DS2 starts swim lessons, which are every day for the next two weeks. I'm also finishing up my prep work to sell a bunch of our outgrown boy clothes in a consignment sale this weekend. Once we get to the weekend, I have to do all the sale stuff (drop off, pick up and shop, of course) and I have a weekend LLL meeting and a birthday party. Lots going on! I'm hoping I don't get too tired or overwhelmed.

#11 ·
Yesterday brought another ER trip, once again for my oldest daughter. I swear we should get a punch card. :lol DH and our youngest and I were at the bike shop dropping the kids' bikes off for tune-ups when she called us from the park down the street. Apparently the kids were playing soccer and one boy knocked her over and stepped on her turned ankle and she heard a crack and it swelled up immediately. I didn't think it was broken but I figured with an ankle, better safe than sorry since continuing to use it while broken could be a bit disastrous. The whole trip only took about 2 hours and we had a rare chance to just sit and chat about stuff. So it's sprained and wrapped up and she's on crutches with instructions to rest it for 2 weeks. I think I actually feel relieved that we had an ER trip that didn't involve her head - those are the ones that leave my nerves fried. Phew.

Have you looked into a Rock n Play, @Metasequoia ? They're super light and easy to find for pretty cheap. That's what we use around the house and outside. It's also convenient for travelling when they're little.

This week is kind of intense for us. DS2 starts swim lessons, which are every day for the next two weeks. I'm also finishing up my prep work to sell a bunch of our outgrown boy clothes in a consignment sale this weekend. Once we get to the weekend, I have to do all the sale stuff (drop off, pick up and shop, of course) and I have a weekend LLL meeting and a birthday party. Lots going on! I'm hoping I don't get too tired or overwhelmed.
I'm so....aware of the chemicals in everything, especially baby things, that I haven't even looked at the usual bassinet-type things. I've resigned myself to the fact that I have to think outside of the box and come up with solutions for almost everything. I know there's such a thing as an organic co-sleeper, and I should probably contact the company to see if they truly are free of flame retardant chemicals so that if I come across one, I could snatch it up. I'll have to look at the Rock n Play to see if it's possible to modify the chemicals out. :lol

So exciting about your bedroom possibly being ready by next week!! I'd love to pain mine, it REALLY needs it. Our whole house needs it but the boys are so rough with the walls (and everything else) that it hardly seems worth it. I got a step closer yesterday by cleaning off a dresser (cleaning and packing away outgrown clothing and humidifier, etc.) so the dresser can go away which would make painting more accessible.

We're about to get really busy too with kid activities. Baseball & softball season has officially begun, but the fields have been too snowy/swampy to play on so far. Opening day and picture day are on April 11 which doesn't seem that far off!

Meta (or anyone else) - where do you source your sheepskin from? The only ones I've found are soaked in chemicals. Soft, but not too healthy, heh.
We have a local guy who sells his sheepskins at our Waldorf School's winter fair. I don't know if it would be out of your comfort zone, but you can cure hides using brain the way Native Americans did. :)

#8 ·
@Wild Rose from last week's thread, I don't have the visitor problem with the birth, but I do have it with an old friend wanting to come ASAP after the baby's born. She lived in TX until last summer. She moved about 5 hrs away from here, and we have yet to get together. She said she's coming - likely with her husband and of course with her 3 kids (about 9-1 yr old by then) and since it's that far and we haven't seen each other in, shoot, close to 8 yrs, I know she won't just come and leave the same day. And she's the kind of company that wants to be entertained. I like the kind that'll just visit and sit down and talk, maybe help you weed your garden. Lol I wish. They want to go see the sights, have a guided tour of all the things in the local area.... I'm thinking NO. I've not said anything to her, bc I know it was just a "whim" as she was texting me and she had not yet said anything to her hubby. I want to see her, but not as soon as the baby's born. How's October or November sound? We have a little tiny house, I don't really want a whole family to entertain any time shortly after the baby comes, and hubby's half sister and her huge family are coming up for 2 weeks within 2 weeks after the baby's born. They are loud, always sick, and so not staying here. Then my mother might get to come up from OK for a week in that time too, but I really doubt it since that's Dad's business' busiest season and she's the one who answers the phone and helps him with paperwork. She said she'll try if I really need her, we'll just have to see. BUT she would not want to be there for the birth, and I wouldn't want her. Just my MW, Elijah, and depending how she is doing, Ana. I think I'll feel better with her here though. She always gets hurt at the in-laws and she'll be so upset without us there.

@catladymeow this place is always dusty too. The dirt here is really just sand, and with all the fields around us being plowed up all the time, on a dirt road, dust storms all spring/summer, and I hate to dust too.... It's a never ending battle.

@Metasequoia Ana was a good newborn, it was after that when she got really naughty about not wanting to sleep at night. She never had many night poops, so I seldom changed her at night. I think the last part of pregnancy I was thinking that I was so uncomfortable, but I knew it was the best time I had to do "stuff" before I had a different uncomfortable and a baby to deal with. I agree, an hour (minimum) massage would be lovely. I'll even go with 3 minutes without Ana crawling on my back whining that she needs me as hubby tries to give me a massage.

@imavera dry wall will really make it all start coming together! Woo hoo for that!

I have a whining child in my lap right now. I think it's time for me to go. Nothing special here anyway. Just a whiney "I need wo-gurt. Mommy, I hurt here. Sashg my tummy. I need wo-gurt." I think she means it's early nap time. (Yogurt and massage are the weird words there). :smile:

#9 ·
Count us in for dust. Not only is there dust from the farms/fields, but also the construction sites going up all around the place. Ugh. Luckily, we have some great air purifiers that help out a lot.

Meta (or anyone else) - where do you source your sheepskin from? The only ones I've found are soaked in chemicals. Soft, but not too healthy, heh.

#10 ·
@MrsKohn, People are so funny- my sister being so emotional and communicating so poorly right now about this is a curve ball for me. Overall though, it'll be fine once we get though this. I mean, people get to understand, this is not a time to visit with your families and be taken care of!! It is so funny to think and yet I know of people who will do this. Not cool!

We have crazy dust too. It sucks. I can hardly keep up with it! For us it is not the fields or construction, it is that we are trekking in so much from outside and then we have forced heat that is on most of the year. My husband has long curly hair and I blame his hair too! It get's everywhere!

Oh @tiqa, you have raised a question that I didn't even think of. All these chemicals are so hard to navigate not bringing into the home! Darn. I am curious to hear what others have to say on this. gees.

Even just one massage right now makes me drool! It sounds so nice!

With Dh being sick, I have had very little touch and even less contact. I am hoping this means that I don't get it- oh please!

Have a great week everyone!

#12 ·
I also can not believe how quickly March is going!! Less than 4 months to go until Baby T. is here! Also, less than one month until we can move into our new house! Hoping to get our house listed this week. (I need to stay motivated in the evenings! That is my hardest part, I can be really productive on the weekends, but weeknights are much harder. This past weekend we were gone ALL weekend. (Does it always seems everything gets scheduled the same weekend of the month? OR is that just me?) So I have to be productive each evening to reach my goal! I also need to be more realistic about what NEEDS to be done before we listing vs what can be done while its listed vs what doesn't really need done at all bc the new owners will want to change it anyways! haha
Borrowed an infuser pitcher over the weekend and made my first batch of RRL blend tea last night, let it brew overnight and hoping to have some when I get home!
Here's to a productive week!

#13 ·
I'm feeling surprisingly energetic/motivated today despite staying up way to late last night. Do you know what I did yesterday? I went down the street to Hollywood Tans and I tanned! I'm feeling very sun-starved and especially after having succumbed to the flu and feeling REALLY bad since then, I'm thinking my D is just very low. I've been taking my FCLO and additional D, but I just really feel like my body is saying, "I NEED sunshine!" and it's just not happening here yet. I don't think I've done that in 15-20 years! It felt SO good and I can't believe that I think I'm noticing a change in my mood/energy after going just once.

@Turner58800 , Yes! My months of crazy weekends are May and December. It always seems like there are never enough weekends in those two months and we have to make tough decisions as to which exciting activity we want to partake in the most. March and April are the beginning of baseball/softball for us and there are a handful of consignment sales and then our local gardens open which we all look forward to! In fact, I'd like to get to Longwood this week because they're having a plant sale...
What's an infuser pitcher? How is it different than pouring boiling water over herbs in a jar and capping it to sit overnight? I've really been craving iced herbal tea - maybe I can get that done today...

#15 ·
#14 ·
Anemic over here. And my cervix is shortening these past few weeks so I'm on medication and not supposed to carry my toddler.
Still freezing weather, and snow.
Wish I had uplifting news! :)
Looking into getting domestic help. Blah. 8-10 more weeks of this and then I'll have a green light to do whatever I want regardless of my cervix.

#18 ·
oo, I am sorry to hear this. I wish you had something to uplift you too! Domestic help sounds like a good plan- good for everyone. I assume you are doing what you need to to turn around the anemia. It is so hard to have a positive mood about these things. I know I struggled mightily during MS to keep myself out of the doldrums. I am glad that you know when you will be able to be done with this. Until then, chime in here so we can cheer you up, dear!

funny stories to share anyone?

#16 ·
Oh, I get it. I just put loose tea in a 1/2 gallon Ball jar and fill with almost-boiling water, screw the lid on and let it sit. Then I just put it in the fridge the next morning and strain as I serve.

#17 ·
I am in the first stages of the cold and feeling underwater today. Loading up on vit C and drinking my elderberry/ ginger/lemon/honey tea like a boss. Dh is recovering from his cold but some of his quick recovery is bc he can take some stronger herbs and supplements that I cannot as well as use our sauna. So, I hope I am not in for a doosey this week. At least it is spring break and many people don't want to hear from me anyway!

Darn!

#22 ·
I had a baby girl dream last night and bits and pieces are coming back to me but it's foggy. I also dreamed that DH gave up his contracting business and decided to sell homemade baked goods and frozen treats and he kept his little "treat carts" in the bedroom and I remember saying, "It's a pregnant lady's dream come true!" His tastiest treat was some sort of thin, perfectly chewy lemon cookie and I kept sneaking into his carts and eating them all. :lol I can't remember much about the baby part except that she was definitely a girl and there might have been something about diapering in there... Hopefully it'll come to me as the day goes on. I think it's official though: the food dreams have begun!

#23 ·
It's finally warming up a little here. Mid-50s. I bought the first asparagus and strawberries of the season yesterday!
I've been in a brain fog all day. I keep forgetting things and react super slowly to everything. Ugh. My toddler fell head first out of the stroller and I couldn't catch him on time. Thankfully he only got a small knock on the head.
I had my GD test today and the sugar syrup made me feel awful. Hopefully there will be good news when I call for my results tomorrow.
My Dr. told me that the baby is only measuring in the 10th percentile so I have to go back in 3 weeks to get him measured again. The Dr. told me not to worry yet. But naturally I am worrying anyway.

Serafina I'm sorry you had not so good news!

I am just ready for the weather to be and stay warm! I want my sunshine.

#24 ·
Ugh, I did that GD test with my first pregnancy and never again! I think I'm just going to decline it altogether this time. My mw has an regular meal plan you can just eat before the blood draw but I don't even feel like doing that.

I've been dreaming of asparagus and berries!! I go to the big city farmers' market this Saturday to pick up our beef share and I can't wait to see what kind of fresh goodies they have! I'm afraid of getting too excited and only finding collards. :lol

Ugh, my toddler fell head first out of the stroller once, on the gravel, and he looked like a unicorn instantly. That bump was so huge and pointy. :( Better out than in, though (the bump, not the kid in the stroller.)

#25 ·
@Metasequoia, we have a far infrared that is housed in our garage. WE got it when we moved with some extra cash from the sale of our old house. It has been such a great addition to our lives. We had to do extensive research on the manufacturer at the time- so many of them come out of China and that is a disaster. I had to look up what the difference was between near, middle and far infrared was when you asked that! It has been so long since that time of research! - Do it. Buying the panels on their own and building one for yourselves would be cost effective, especially if the wood is leftover from your husbands work.
mm, I should look around my cabinets for all the other things I could throw into this tea. It is due now for a new batch! Your dream is a hoot. I can only imagine how seductive that would be. Anything already made is a winner for me these days!- My great grandmother used to make these lemon cookies when I was a kid. I fear trying them as an adult as I suspect I won't like them so I want the memory untarnished!
@wassernixe, yuck, that GD syrup is awful! Isn't it funny that you can be measuring small and still need to test to see if you have GD? I get it, it is all about timing but still, that test always makes me wonder! I hope you feel better soon and both your baby's size and your GD results are great.

Pregnancy has caused me to be a terrible, horrible speller- I mean I cannot make it through a sentence without having totally messed up many words. It is frustrating! It all started with pregnancy and it has only gotten worse. I was taking notes in a meeting this morning and others kept looking over my shoulder in order to track the conversation- it was embarrassing! You could hardly read some of the words before I fixed them.

Now I want strawberries! Yum. The ones in our markets are still all from California. I had some fresh organic ones in Mexico, they were delicious and I felt like I was sneaking the season, I ate so many!. The asparagus is here and it is so good. I was just wishing i had some for my salad. Clearly my appetite has not diminished with this cold! But it is really for fresh things- fresh greens, carrots, asparagus, fruit... That is what sounds good right now!

#26 ·
Thanks guys. The option we thought we found for domestic help turns out to be so understaffed that they can only offer two hours per week.
I'm about six months pregnant so in approximately two months I'll be about eight months and that's the point where I'm able to go ahead and do whatever and cease the hormone treatment. About 34 weeks is when I get the green light to move about as much as I want.

I guess the boys will have to take the bus a lot, wrangling my one year old into and out of the carseat is too much.

There is one week during these tough 9 weeks that my MIL will come take care of dd and one week that DH is taking off work. He might be able to take several days off here and there as well. There's still six more weeks of needing help though, 30 weekdays I'm left alone with her for 10 hours and it's not good for my cervix to be chasing her around and not taking it easy. We can look into private help but it will be three times costlier than the service which the city offered but which is understaffed. 750 vs 3000. Ugh, our renovation has sucked our cash flow away so we may just not be able to swing it.

Anyhoo, I sewed my first coat! I cut up a cashmere cardigan and panels from second hand leather items and made a ruffled leather coat with cashmere lining, just covers the bum. I really was sick of my bulky, heavy winter coats and wanted something in between an unlined jacket and a knee length shearling winter coat. So now I have a warm but not overdoing it option for when I'm going with the car and won't be out very much but need something cozy to wear especially if it's wet snow coming down or harsh wind or nearly freezing temperature. But my winter coats need to be retired until next winter, they depress me -it's nearly April!

#28 ·
Thanks guys. The option we thought we found for domestic help turns out to be so understaffed that they can only offer two hours per week.
I'm about six months pregnant so in approximately two months I'll be about eight months and that's the point where I'm able to go ahead and do whatever and cease the hormone treatment. About 34 weeks is when I get the green light to move about as much as I want.

I guess the boys will have to take the bus a lot, wrangling my one year old into and out of the carseat is too much.

There is one week during these tough 9 weeks that my MIL will come take care of dd and one week that DH is taking off work. He might be able to take several days off here and there as well. There's still six more weeks of needing help though, 30 weekdays I'm left alone with her for 10 hours and it's not good for my cervix to be chasing her around and not taking it easy. We can look into private help but it will be three times costlier than the service which the city offered but which is understaffed. 750 vs 3000. Ugh, our renovation has sucked our cash flow away so we may just not be able to swing it.

Anyhoo, I sewed my first coat! I cut up a cashmere cardigan and panels from second hand leather items and made a ruffled leather coat with cashmere lining, just covers the bum. I really was sick of my bulky, heavy winter coats and wanted something in between an unlined jacket and a knee length shearling winter coat. So now I have a warm but not overdoing it option for when I'm going with the car and won't be out very much but need something cozy to wear especially if it's wet snow coming down or harsh wind or nearly freezing temperature. But my winter coats need to be retired until next winter, they depress me -it's nearly April!
I am so sorry. I understand how impossible it feels. I have been on modified bed rest for a month now due to placenta previa. I have 5 young kids here (and older ones too but they are in school, working, or away at college)

We hired a few preteen girls as mothers helper and I supervise from the couch. Th
They make lunch, do light cleaning, and keep the 2 year old busy. So far, it is working. Is that an option?

big hugs... It's hard

#27 ·
I'm sorry to hear about your cervix situation and all the trouble that is causing you, Serafina! Hopefully it will all work out somehow and you'll be able to get the rest you need along the way. I'm glad you can still sew though---at least that's one non-strenuous activity you can still do!

#29 ·
Kudos to all of you who have been through the flu thus far this pregnancy. Exhausted but unable to sleep, headache, earache, toothache, cannot breath, sneezes day and night that are giving my pelvic floor a run for it's life! It sucks! I keep thinking how rough it would be to feel this awful and have young children also this sick (or a new baby).

#32 ·
Aw, it's so awful! :hug
I had a day or two where my teeth hurt a lot - and my eyeballs! That was a common complaint throughout our house that week, that everyone's eyeballs hurt a lot.
Didn't sleep for three straight nights because of that awful cough. :( But boy, I've been having some great sleep since I got over it! 11-12 hours every night!! I hope you get some "make-up" sleep once you recover too.

I'm lucky that I have older kids who helped out a ton - and also that my youngest had it first (well, second, after my 12 year old) so that I could care for him before I got it. The worst was that DH and I had it together and neither of us was in any condition to cook meals, let alone venture out to the store.

Are you having to wear a pad? I was just thinking this morning how nice it is to not be wearing a pad anymore. All of that coughing = many bladder leaks. So annoying! On the bright side, maybe our ab muscles are getting stronger!

I'm *finally* feeling like I'm making a recovery, so it WILL happen, even though it feels like it'll never end. Poor mama, it's no fun at all! :hug

@Metasequoia , how is your youngest doing? He is sick right? That and I have been wondering how he has adjusted to this baby coming?
UGH! March has been the month from hell, I tell you. First the flu, then he started with diarrhea this past Tuesday and it's STILL going! It's a weird case in that he feels totally fine, wants to run around all day and eat everything he normally eats but every time he eats anything aside from rice, he's running to the bathroom 3-4 times in a row. His poop isn't solid, but it's not liquid and when I wipe his butt, it's just mucous. :( Clearly his gut is unhappy with something but I don't know what. I'm not sure if it's soon enough after the flu for him to just be mucous bothering his stomach?? I'm still coughing up/blowing out mucous but I had it after him... Nobody else has had diarrhea... After 4 days, I'm just at my wits' end with it - and I'm sure he is too, poor little fella. :(

AND, (I'm on a roll here with my complaining, I might as well get it all out! :lol) I spent 2 hours in the ER on Sunday with my oldest who sprained her ankle (again) while playing soccer. They said they thought it was just sprained but that if it didn't start to heal this week, to bring her back so the radiologist could go over her x-rays again and re-examine her. There's been zero improvement and the swelling is just getting worse and worse, along with the pain - and she still can't flex it at all.

With all of the crazy illnesses out there, I really don't want to go back to the hospital but a potentially broken ankle isn't something I feel okay with ignoring either.

You're so sweet to ask about my little guy, @Wild Rose and to remember that he had difficulty with the idea of having a new baby!
He's coming around but the other day he said something about "mick" (he still asks for "mick" every morning and I have to tell him that it's all dried up) and DH said that when the baby is born, the mick will flow once again! He asked why and we told him that the baby will only drink mick and he wasn't too keen on that idea... I really hope he's forgotten how to nurse by the time baby comes because I'm not looking forward to tandem nursing again - it's just way too hard on my body.
OTOH, I do miss nursing him very much and especially right now, with his mystery poop issues, I'd like nothing more than to just cut him back to breastmilk.

Looking forward to April!

#31 ·
Aw, I'm sorry you feel so rotten, Wild Rose! I didn't have the ear ache or toothache, which sound just terrible on top of already being sick. I hope you feel better soon! I don't know if it was the flu or just a really bad cold for me...I'm thinking the latter, since I never had a fever (I don't think...I didn't check but never felt hot). So I'm super sorry that many of you felt even worse, given how whiny I felt about being sick!

#35 ·
:hug Hugs for all and my utmost commiseration and sympathy! We have had a positively miserable March as well and I am ready to give it the boot and welcome SPRING AND HEALTH. Hope you all have a relaxing and healing weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.