Mothering Forum banner

Weekly Chat ~ 3/29-4/4

2K views 55 replies 12 participants last post by  Metasequoia 
#1 ·
Wow, we're headed into April!! Can you believe how quickly March went by? I guess being laid up with the flu and all of the other ailments we've all had the joy to share this past month have maybe helped to pass the days? I think I would have rather passed these fickle March days on a sunny beach with non-alcoholic pina coladas in hand, but oh well ~ spring is here! (Even if it doesn't quite feel like it for some of us...)

I'm thinking the hesitant spring weather maybe has some of us in a funk (I know it's not helping me...) I'm hoping our spirits soar this coming week.

Easter! Ostara! However you celebrate the fertility of the earth in springtime, the time is here! I have some goodies stashed for baskets but I still need to find some alone time to make chocolate bunnies. I can't find any whose ingredients I approve of (and even the organic ones are like $10 a piece! Multiplied by 4 and there's just no way...) So I melt down a couple of organic dark chocolate bars and pour them into bunny molds and everyone is thrilled.

I hope our yard isn't too squishy for an egg hunt next weekend. And with all of the nasty cat poop in the gardens, I'll have to hide a lot of the eggs in elevated spaces. I wonder if we'll have any hyacinths blooming in time for Easter?

Is anyone traveling or having out of town guests?

My mom and sister and niece won't be home yet from Florida :)() so I'm not sure that dinner on Sunday will be as fancy as it usually is (which is not at all fancy but feels fancy since we have such a full table with the extra family. ;))
We haven't gotten a ham now in a couple of years since the last time, 3 years ago, my sister and I both had campylobacter right after the Christmas ham (not related to the ham, but now it's tainted in both of our minds.)

I'm thinking of doing an hors d'oeuvre type dinner rather than a main dish with sides. What are you planning? Any special traditions?

See less See more
#2 ·
March did go by really quickly!

We don't celebrate Easter at all, but I'm happy to have the Friday off from work for the holiday! It has been pretty cold this weekend so it's not feeling very spring-like...hopefully soon! My winter jacket doesn't really fit anymore so I need it to warm up!

Have a great week everyone!

#3 ·
March did go by really quickly!

We don't celebrate Easter at all, but I'm happy to have the Friday off from work for the holiday! It has been pretty cold this weekend so it's not feeling very spring-like...hopefully soon! My winter jacket doesn't really fit anymore so I need it to warm up!

Have a great week everyone!
We don't celebrate Easter in the religious sense, but more along the Pagan ways. Of course, the kids get excited about the treats and having to find their hidden baskets. I just love the earthy springness and I celebrate with little spring vignettes around the house, reading spring books (I got my 4 year old Jan Brett's 'Mossy' for his basket. :love)

Do you think you'll celebrate one way or another when your little one is here?

#4 ·
All that cat poop sounds nasty @Metasequoia!

We will celebrate Easter Sunday in the Easter basket/egg hunt way. This year we're having a big meal with my parents and siblings the weekend after Easter. We celebrate it potluck style and everyone is supposed to bring what they'd want to eat at their own last supper. We also sing along to the Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack. It is a pretty fun time. :)

Weather here today is cold, but the next few days are supposed to get into the 50s before freezing rain this weekend. Kids have spring break this week, so we should be able to get some outside time in. We are going out of town on Friday for a party on Saturday. That should be mostly fun. The kids don't sleep so well away from home, mostly the little one. Maybe this time will be different!

In about 14 weeks, I should have a new baby in my arms! These 14 weeks seem a lot less daunting than the first 14. Aches and pains are much more tolerable to me than constant nausea.

#5 ·
Yay for almost-April. That means only 3 mos until the month when our mamas start birthing! I can't believe it. With the Dec DDC up now we are WAY closer to the top than the bottom! So exciting. :heartbeat

We are celebrating spring today by decluttering/purging (I did for hours yesterday and could barely get out of bed this morning but am less stiff after walking around a bit) and also we are starting our seedlings today. I am about a week late for our growing season but have been too busy with babies to plant until now! Excited to get those little guys sprouting!

For Easter we usually do a hunt of some sort (thinking I might do coins in eggs this year) and I bought a few things from the online Natural Candy Store so I didn't have to worry about all the GMO sugar. :lol I even found something my super-allergic uber-sensitive DS could have so I am a happy mama.

#7 ·
I'm kind of glad we got Ostara out of the way already. I'm usually not big on the holiday due to childhood associations (well, with Easter at any rate - lots of religious-related misery) but this year I was psyched to celebrate it. We actually got some formal photos done of the kids, which we've not really done before, and we decorated, and that was that. Oh, and had an Easter Bunny breakfast at the local grocery store (of all places!). The food was awful and overpriced, but hey. Festive. I'm kind of relieved that we don't have any Easter plans happening. There are not that many venues in our neck of the woods, so pretty much every family with kids ends up at one of them - like the train ride, or the egg hunt, or whatever. I used pregnancy as not wanting to brave the crowds, and DH agreed very quickly - any excuse is welcome in his book! He hates forced family-friendly activities like that - and with a bunch of kids, they add up quickly in price too. ($25 per train ticket ride would come out to $125 for us, so...) So while everyone else is spreading last minute spring break germs around and shuffling through the snow to find eggs, we've already been done with our springtime welcoming and are content to declutter the house, do our spring cleaning, and finish up our homeschooling year. (Normally we'd do all year schooling, but I'm taking the summer off - for obvious reasons!)

#9 ·
THANK YOU! @Emanresu, @BarefootBrooke, @blissful_maia and @Metasequoia! I so appreciate your support. Yes. that was a crappy day. I am so glad that today was better. I'm still moving slower but not at all with the sadness. I think that it was a crazy part of this flu that I am recovering from. DH had a day like that too as he was getting better though for him, he does not go weepy! I went to the fabric store to buy the fabric for the prayer flags and take advantage of a coupon (and then I forgot to use the coupon..!) and I went to Old Navy for a few items. Thank you all for the suggestions. I bought a few shirts that will give me a bit of color- I was getting all black and that just gets old every day.

A really sweet thing happened last night. DH, in his sleep, cradled my belly and started humming. The feeling was so crazy that it jolted me awake (asleep/ awake) and I had the sense to butt out- this was between him and baby. He fell back asleep and then started it again. I have never felt anything like that. He has now been kicked and loved it but this was the first time that he has interacted with baby in such a directed and particular way. He proceeded to curl around and hold my belly through the night. It was so sweet and nurturing. Of course, when asked in the morning he said he didn't remember any of that!

Amazing that March is finishing up. I missed my moms birthday last week being sick so I will need to pull that together and plan a date with her. She will be gone for Easter visiting my brother. We don't celebrate really. I imagine that with a kid it will be fun to create something though I'll admit, from where I stand right now, I want it to be actually seasonally directed. The plastic, candy, pomp and circumstance that I grew up with I hope will be reimagined by my husband and I and our community to create something both fun and meaningful. I do like celebrating stuff though, marking the passage of time. This was something I had to really find for myself in this marriage. Dh will just live everyday as the same and I need a bit more variety, celebration, meaningful ceremony.

The weather has been beautiful today, my tongue is not as sore and my stomach isn't hurting nearly as bad so I've been able to eat some. That always helps. Baby has been so cute today, a good sign that I am feeling better! (I think baby was just as cute yesterday, I just wasn't as clued in;(!

Meta, I hope your little is over his bug! Blissful_maia, good to hear that this last round of babies didn't kick your butt like they have in the past.

I finally settled things with my sister- she will come at the end of September when Dh will be out of town. It will give us a good amount of time to be together and have space. She weathered the disappointment of not being at the birth well. And I am still feeling really good about the decision. Now both my mom and sister who would love to come to the birth know that that is not going to be happening, phew! We can move on!

Happy end of March and beginning of April everyone. I am so exited to have this baby in arms!

#10 ·
what a great link- the natural candy store! I have been having this funny craving for candy. I have not had candy for 10+ years! But for some reason, I keep thinking about chewy fruity something! I know that it would be gross and totally not worth it, but still!
@tiqa, are you still suffering from HG? (wasn't that you?)

#13 ·
Yep, that was me! I'm a lot better, haven't been in the hospital for months, but still throw up a few times a week and I'm only able to get up enough energy to get out of bed / off the couch about 4-5 days a week.

Overall not too bad, but now my problem is overeating, and only being able to eat certain things. I get really emotional when I can't eat my safe foods which help with the nausea - and it's usually junk. So im gaining weight really quickly - eitger that or it's water retention, which is entirely possible too. Bah!

Worst part is not being able to stay hydrated. I can't drink water, milk, syrup water, hot tea, coconut milk, etc. for a few months I guzzled grapefruit juice, then iced tea. Now I'm gagging at those but haven't found a new safe drink yet. Argh! So then I get contractions because I'm not hydrated. Ugh. But at least I'm not in the hospital!!

#14 ·
@tiqa - that sucks you still have food/drink aversions!!! OMG, I would just be crying. Have you tried Gatorade? For some reason I was attracted to Crystal Light in my first trimester and I haven't had that in years. What about infused waters? Like slices of cucumber and lime in a water jug in the fridge? Probably not super helpful suggestions, but I just want to try to help a little. :)

#15 ·
Omg, I've never heard of the online candy store!! I don't think I should even look. :lol
Our local mom & pop whole foods store has a great selection of organic goodies and I just bought a little bit from them - and those Justin's peanut butter cups - holy frijoles, they're GOOD! - and I only ate 2 on the way home! :lol

I bought some organic macaroons - the caramel sea salt ones are SOOO good! And I even bought a bag of organic jelly beans because my kids can't stop talking about them. It's once a year, and they rarely get sugary stuff, so what the heck.
@catladymeow, I don't think it's weird at all that you choose not to celebrate stuff. I have a really hard time with the consumerism aspect of holidays (and life in general) and I would have done a lot of things differently when I had my first baby, if I knew now what I knew then. :)
Setting high expectations when kids are little just gets more and more out of control as they grow. And while my own family is really good about respecting my wishes (and their views are pretty similar), I've heard SO many families complaining about how hard it is to convince family members not to give annoying plastic, noisy, light-up gifts.

It's actually one of those topics that could fall under "Things I'd Wish I'd Been Aware of Prior to Having Babies" :lol OR "Things FTPs Should Know"

Really think about the precedent you're setting. DH comes from a poor town in Mexico and I grew up in the US, with piles of presents under the tree on Christmas morning (though I was never raised with religion) and I'm not sure he ever got anything - maybe one gift. He's appalled by the level of consumerism in the US.
As my firstborn got older and I started reading SouleMama's blog, I fell in love with their Christmas tree pictures with a handful of beautiful wooden toys and art supplies under their tree, either unwrapped or wrapped in handmade fabric bags and really wished I'd taken a different approach to the holidays.

I love the imaginative aspect of holidays but I try also to balance out all of the fun with compassion and giving and realizing that it's not all about the presents but of loving one another and peace for everyone and everything. It's an upward battle, living where we live, and it's so easy to freak out a couple of days before Christmas thinking that your kids are missing out! What have you done!? Every other kid is getting this and this and this, and there will be so much disappointment! Oof. It's a lot like homeschooling and the self-doubt I struggle with in that area now and then.

ANYWAY. I like the Pagan way of celebrating earth and seasons. Very simple, and what's not to love about nature? The renewal of spring, the return of the light in December, the harvest in fall, and the bounty of summer! I love all of it. :love
@Wild Rose, your DH is so cute! I can't believe he didn't remember any of it in the morning!
My DH is already loving on this baby girl too and I find it so cute. :love
@catladymeow, hiccups are so strange, aren't they? I keep thinking my baby has them, but it doesn't last long enough. Soon enough, I know they'll come. They actually annoy me... :lol
@blissful_maia ~ I didn't notice the December DDC was up! :eek You beat me to it! :lol
That's so awesome!! I can't believe we've moved up this much!!

#16 ·
Its in the mid 50s here today and I am so excited!!
We worked all weekend to get our house ready, and our realtor is coming today to take pictures! I am excited and nervous about starting this phase! We have done so much to the house since buying it, and it was our first house. I have worked hard to finish little projects, depersonalize, de-clutter and clean! I know the market is turning into a sellers market, Im just hoping someone else thinks its worth what I do! I am very much looking forward to enjoying the clean semi-emptied house for now though! I wish we could live with this much less stuff on a normal basis. We keep talking about it, but implementing is harder to do! Im hoping to have the opportunity to slowly unpack at the new house, and maybe not unpack things we don't need.

As for Easter, we will be celebrating the traditional way this week, Good Friday service, and Easter Sunday service. No Easter baskets though this year since its just the two of us. Dinner will be at my inlaws. Both of our parents live in the same town, a block apart, (we met in high school). My grandparents live in town as well, his do not. So his parents usually argue to get holidays since we get together with my family for birthdays and such more often. Luckily we both have smallish families and our parents get along. My grandma moved to AZ this year though, so Im not sure what future holiday happenings will bring, especially with "the first grandchild".

My winter coat almost doesn't fit either, and my spring coat is more snug than my winter one, so I really hope it decides to stay warm soon! Can't wait to go for walks with the dogs soon!

#17 ·
We celebrate Easter here, to answer the first question, but not in the fully traditional sense I guess? We're Christians, and it's hard to describe us. Lol I was raised in conservative churches, hubby's family was in and out because of basically the reason we don't go now.... He sees too much that's preached as being in the Bible, or at least that may as well be said to be in the Bible the way it's treated, and that really bothers him. So for now, we don't go. We don't do the whole huge commercial aspect to it, though just try to keep hubby away from Easter candy (or any other holiday that makes giant Reeces things especially), and we got Ana a kite because he said that's what he always did. I am making her a new dress, and I have a new maternity one for myself. We usually have all of his family invited over to his parent's house for Easter (each aunt and uncle get a turn with a major holiday hosted at their house every year since they all live within 20 miles of one another). That is 75+ people if everyone who lives locally shows up and that's a lot in a double wide trailer! Sooo my MIL says, as of yesterday, we'll just have hubby's sisters and us over. That's 20 people right there anyway. She'll cook way too much food, everyone will bring something, and those who go to church in the evening will leave early. I think hubby works swing shift that day though, so not sure how it'll all work out. Ana took a 3 hr nap yesterday and didn't get up till 5:30. By that time, there's just cold left overs left. Lol

I saw my MW today, finally. Only the third appt, but everything's looking good. Heart rate is 150s, she had a younger lady in there with her who is considering midwifery, so she sat in on it all. They felt the baby, and surprising to me, head down in my pelvis. I'm not sure exactly what I measure, but she said I fit perfectly in the "old way" they used to measure, but I'm measuring small for "standard". I guess old way was up to your belly button is 20 weeks, up to your ribs 40, half way in the middle was 25 or 30? I said I guess it's people like me who made that old way possible. 0:) I see her again in 4 weeks. Then it'll almost be time to start the 2 week visits, but I forget just when those are. 30 something, and I'll be 28 then. It's coming ladies!:thumb

Oh, and one of hubby's sisters, well, 2, are probably coming to visit in May. I'm excited, I'm not excited. The one for sure coming is the nicer of the two, though I think she and hubby will have some really interesting doctrinal discussions. She's gotten some... ideas... lately that he doesn't agree with and doesn't see that the Bible does either. The second sister (married to my brother) is probably coming the second half. She's the one that was being such a butt earlier in the year. >:D I have to be nice.

#18 ·
Anyone watching Call the Midwife? I love, love, love this show. And the birth scenes, almost too realistic sometimes. :) I don't know that I've watched it while currently pregnant before, I hope I can survive it! LOL, I wonder if I'll have sympathy contractions instead of just sympathy pains...

@MrsKoehn - interesting on the measurement thing. I'm 27 weeks and have been feeling kicks in my ribs for at least a week now. I don't know if that means my uterus is up that high - or if he can kick it out that far occasionally.

#19 ·
Anyone watching Call the Midwife? I love, love, love this show. And the birth scenes, almost too realistic sometimes. :) I don't know that I've watched it while currently pregnant before, I hope I can survive it! LOL, I wonder if I'll have sympathy contractions instead of just sympathy pains...
Yes! I just finished watching the newest season. And I'm so sad I have to wait a year for the next.

I always get all teary during this show, but it has been more emotionally intense while pregnant. And I just get so overwhelmed with happiness every time a baby is born on the show. It just makes me anticipate birthing my own little one.

I'll never understand the women who say this show makes for good birth control. I had to stop watching while TTC because it made me want a new baby so much more.

In my news, it's snowing here today! I can't believe it. And it's supposed to rain all week long. Ick!

Along with the baby measuring small, I have been feeling weird the last few weeks. Day long spells of brain fog, lightheadedness, muscle aches, and feeling very weak. I seem to have cured my self by stopping my work outs, resting lots, and increasing my protein and calories. As long as I eat lots of protein and fats, I seem to feel great. And my brain works again. I'm hoping that this is why the baby has been measuring behind. And now that I've got my nutrition sorted that he's catching up. He is kicking harder and moving a lot more recently anyway. I think that's a good sign.

Now I will just have to see how my appointment in two weeks goes.

As for Easter, DS will have a hunt in his grandparents' garden. And probably will get way more chocolate than I'm comfortable with. So I'll end up hiding it in a cupboard until it goes bad again. Other than that we're grilling out together and I'm going to bake a carrot and apple cake.

Easter Monday is also our wedding anniversary this year. So DH and I will probably go out to dinner or something like that. :)

#22 ·
I haven't seen Call the Midwife but Netflix is always suggesting it to me! I was told to have a few Netflix series to watch while breastfeeding so I was thinking of saving that one and perhaps Parenthood.

Happy almost anniversary @wassernixie!

Pregsomnia hit me hard last night...I was up from 1:30-4:30AM and then fell back asleep, but I get up for work at 6:30AM. It's going to be a looooong day!

It's finally starting to feel like spring here. It's cold today, but it's going to be quite nice Thursday and Friday (and then cold again for the weekend, boo!). But we hardly have any snow at all anymore and I'll take whatever spring-like weather we can get!

#23 ·
Pregsomnia hit me hard last night...I was up from 1:30-4:30AM and then fell back asleep, but I get up for work at 6:30AM. It's going to be a looooong day!
Me too!!! It was soooo disappointing after having had such amazing sleep since recovering from the flu; what a downer. :(

Maybe it's the moon cycle affecting us??

Whatever the reason, I hope it's temporary!

#24 ·
Oh I'm going to start watching call the midwives too!

It is so windy here but not that cold and all the buds are swelling. Our rabbit had 11 babies (we raise them for meat) and they have just come out of the nest, they are so fluffy and cute and perfect for easter coming! My five year old has been carrying them around showing them everything, poor things.

My kefir didn't work out and I don't know what to do with it! It's keeping warm by the woodstove, it now has three layers, kefir grains at the bottom, whey and then some bubbly curds on top. Does anyone know if I can I still save the grains? Not sure what went wrong, part of me is still hoping it will turn into something delicious!! Very doubtful.

#25 ·
Oh I'm going to start watching call the midwives too!

It is so windy here but not that cold and all the buds are swelling. Our rabbit had 11 babies (we raise them for meat) and they have just come out of the nest, they are so fluffy and cute and perfect for easter coming! My five year old has been carrying them around showing them everything, poor things.

My kefir didn't work out and I don't know what to do with it! It's keeping warm by the woodstove, it now has three layers, kefir grains at the bottom, whey and then some bubbly curds on top. Does anyone know if I can I still save the grains? Not sure what went wrong, part of me is still hoping it will turn into something delicious!! Very doubtful.
What makes you think it didn't work out? If you let if culture long enough, it'll separate. In fact, I always let mine go until the curd and whey separate. Do you think yours got too hot? That would surely kill it, but if you don't think it got overheated, the only way to tel is to strain this batch and start another and see what happens.
My grains tend to float up to the top with the cream layer and curd (I use raw milk) while the bottom half of the jar is pure whey. I've never used pasteurized or homogenized milk so I'm not sure what that would look like?
As long as this batch is sour yet fizzy, I think it's fine. :)

I've seen all of the seasons of Call the Midwife except for this one that just started (I didn't know it was starting!!) I wonder if they'll replay it? Does anyone know? I guess I can wait for the season to end and borrow it from the library... I LOVE that show and even my kids love to watch it with me. :love

#26 ·
It stinks like cheese and mold, not right anyway. I definitely don't want to taste it at this point and my husband isn't game either. I'm really disappointed! I used raw milk, maybe it's not grains at the bottom I can't be sure. I think I will sieve them out and give it one more go though. Thanks for the help metasequoia!

#27 ·
Hmm, cheese and mold doesn't sound right... Mine often smells yeasty, but that's normal. I think rinsing and trying again is a good idea. :) Let me know how it turns out! I could send you new grains, if yours don't work out.

#28 ·
@mandamamma, I've had keifer going now for years and I use raw goats milk. I used to have curds that I filtered and then re-fed. For the last few years though, I just pour out the desired amount and add more fresh milk. This has meant that the grains are no longer easily distinguished. it is all curdy/cheese like with separated whey. What I know about this is that the bacteria will change depending on the season, the goats and what ever else I have fermenting in proximity!. I used to use the fireplace as a way to keep the knifer warm but found that it was not a good source- the hot stones are good but the direct heat was not. Now, since I am not starting over each time, the culture goes quicker and the amount of fresh milk I give and frequency trains the metabolism of the organism.

All of this to say that the grains themselves are really resilient and do well with fresh milk and time. if they look/smeel and act like mold that's no good. But, the smell and look is really acidy and funky- like really bad old cheese crust or something. It really is unique. Mold in my experience usually looks pink on top of the curd.

Have fun!

#29 ·
You know what else I've been doing differently in my fermentation? Anaerobic jars! The result has been amazing! My kefir grains LOVE it and my sauerkraut has never been tastier. I just use Le Parfait jars (or even Fido jars) - the jars with the attached lids by wire.

I don't rinse my kefir grains, but I dump the whole jar into a nylon strainer over whatever I'm pouring the finished kefir into and I gently mash it all around with a plastic spoon until pretty much all that's left in the strainer is the grains. Then I just dump the grains in a clean jar (or sometimes the same old jar...) and add fresh (raw) milk. I never worry about putting it near a heat source since our kitchen stays relatively warm - but it takes longer to kefir in the winter than in the summer.

#30 ·
@Emanresu - I feel the baby sometimes pressing on my ribs, but since it's head down and I'm nowhere near my ribs as far as uterus is concerned, I think for me, it's maybe the baby's feet or rear in my guts and that's pushing on me. I am short and short waisted anyway, so there isn't much room for him to go.

@catladymeow - I had 2 or 3 nights where I just couldn't sleep either. Once it was midnight to about 3:30 because it was SO WINDY and things were blowing against the house and all over out there. I hate this time of year up here. There's a time of wind almost every night from dark to sun up, then it switches a while and it's all day. There are exceptions. Today it's been gusting over 40 all day and sustained just under 30. NOT a day I want to go outside for anything. Tomorrow I will have to rescue what I can from the barb wire fence and locate what's missing.

I have never cared for milk kefir. I do make water kefir, and we like it pretty well. I might try the milk when we get our own cow, but that'll be a couple years or more. Ana loves the kefir (which I almost always make into lemonade). She wanted it when she first got up from her nap this afternoon, actually.

#31 ·
I have never cared for milk kefir. I do make water kefir, and we like it pretty well. I might try the milk when we get our own cow, but that'll be a couple years or more. Ana loves the kefir (which I almost always make into lemonade). She wanted it when she first got up from her nap this afternoon, actually.
We love water kefir too, but I'm not a good enough kefir-parent to raise it. :lol Milk kefir is so much more forgiving than water kefir when it comes to neglect.

#32 ·
@Metasequoia - I have had better luck keeping the water grains alive than the milk. I had a hard time just babysitting my SIL's milk kefir for 2 weeks last year. Lol I don't know why, maybe I just haven't looked into it enough. I have a fine time keeping up with the water kefir (a year now), sourdough (just a couple of months), yogurt (almost a year), even making apple cider vinegar (starting the third month of fermenting it). Oh well.

In other news, hubby nearly finished installing shelves he's made for me in the laundry room. SO MUCH NICER. I have almost no storage in this house, and it's just not going to be better with a second child, especially if it's a boy. People will just get us more "stuff", and I don't expect a boy to play with all of Ana's girl toys when he gets bigger either. Most people have either a basement, attic, garage or outbuilding. I don't have any of those. My laundry storage was, get this, one of those old over the toilet cabinets and one wire shelf over the washer and dryer. :eek: The only reason I kept the toilet cabinet was because my MIL was going to take it if I didn't keep it. She is HORRIBLE about collecting trash. Now I think I would just laugh at her, tell her she doesn't need it and have hubby burn it or something. Back then, I hadn't even been in the family 6 months, and I didn't know how to deal with her hoarding. It worked for me though, I had a place to put my rags and some other laundry stuff. Now hubby's thinking about putting a cabinet over the AC coil since there's ton of extra room up there. I just sent my Dad (an HVAC contractor) a picture of my set up to see if we can do that or not. Might get a small one, and that would be nice. Hubby was also considering repainting and replacing the floor. We have tile in there, but he apparently either mixed the grout too thin, or he got a bad bag of grout. Either way, the tile has been chipping out and two are missing. He was looking at other options last night. We shall see.

I got the girls today. I set the clocks back an hour, left the drapes shut and we were in our pjs when they came in. They think they got to school an hour early. >:D They're trying to figure out if I'm getting them, or their sister or parents tricked them. I might try to change the car clock too, just to really get them when we get into the car to get the mail and go home. 0:) Anyone else have anything good for April Fools? Last year, I plastic wrapped their books and pens together and taped chair legs together. They called me and said they'd be late and sneaked into the house while I was in the other room changing Ana's diaper. They hid in the bathroom and scared me. Lol They're so going to kill me.

#33 ·
So...Since this is the weekly chat, I am going to use it to vent :/ I spent soo much time over the weekend getting it ready to list (and imo it looks amazin!;) ) Our realtor, who have used to purchase both houses, came to take pictures Monday evening, go over the contract ,give us the lock box for the front door, and put up signs. She put up some pictures yesterday and I was SOOoo disappointed with the quality/angle/how dark they were etc.! I am what my husband calls "a house person" I love them, especially old ones. I especially love project houses! (Although I have figured out, I would rather manage house projects than do the physical labor of it! ha) This is our first home, and I have spent a lot of time planning how to fix it up, remodel, all with the intention of selling. I have researched how to stage the home for selling, and did my best! I did contact her last night when I saw the pictures to let her know I was disappointed. She responded she had more and ran out of time. Personally I would have rather her put up less photos instead of a bunch of bad ones!
She did post more pictures today (not necessarily better). My husband advised if I want better pictures to just take them myself, and I think I will. It is just very frustrating to think I am doing her job for her!
Thanks for letting me vent! Just a lot going on and a lot of stress and emotions right now! Hoping it sells by August, we will see!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.