Mothering Forum banner

Welcome!

2K views 52 replies 42 participants last post by  clar5108 
#1 ·
Welcome mamas and mamas to be!

#4 ·
Yeah! I am SOOO excited to be here. I have a 6 year old son and an almost 4 year old daughter (January). We are over the moon excited about our third baby with EDD of August 16th! My son was born on August 13 so I've done a pregnancy on this timeline before! I had a MC in September so midwife did progesterone lab last week just as a precautionary and all was well. So excited to meet you all and enjoy this group. Pregnancy symptoms are increased chest size, frequent potty trips, few cravings, fatigue and then I did a little too much today and feeling crampy...hoping to rest tonight!

#5 ·
Happy to be here! EDD 8/14/15. I'm 32 and my husband is 36. We have two boys- a 4 yr old (Feb birthday) and a 2 yr old (June birthday). So excited for our new little one. I won't lie...I'm assuming it's a girl until we find out one way or another lol. I've been told I'm a "boy mama" but it would be lovely to have some more girl energy around here. We have always said we will have 3-4 kids so I don't know if #3 is the last one or not and I like that ambiguity as I start this pregnancy journey again. Congratulations everyone!

#6 ·
Hi everyone! I am excited this group is up and running! My EDD is August 1st, so I guess I may have a July or August baby. This is our first baby, and we are super happy and excited, although I am definitely a little terrified too. So far I have killer morning sickness, super sore breasts and basically just feel like never getting off the couch. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

#7 ·
Aloha! Expecting #3 in early August. My hubby and I are both 28 and have 2 boys, ages 2 and 4. This pregnancy is completely unexpected, but I have had baby fever since our youngest was born! Hoping (desperately hoping!) it's a girl, but we are going to wait to find out until the baby is born! We are planning on a natural home/water birth and I am so excited!!!

No symptoms yet. I feel weird saying this, but sometimes I forget!

#11 ·
Yay to the people who started this group!

Hi again everyone!

A little me info...

My EDD is August 19th. This pregnancy was wanted but a COMPLETE surprise! Both my husband and I suffer from infertility issues (high FSH and low motility) so were NOT expecting this so soon (I'm still breastfeeding my 14 month old and we caught the first egg). How crazy is that?! I guess this little one just had plans of her/his own. Anyway, we are elated but a little panicky at the same time. I was just finishing up my maternity leave and starting to job search for my dream job (labor and delivery RN), but this has definitely changed that plan!

I have a 9 year old who is spirited as ALL get out and (as mentioned before) a 14 month old who is chill as macaroni salad. It's a nice balance I would say....so I'm excited to see how this one turns out. I'm really getting attached to this little bugger even though I'm just technically 15 days pregnant. I hope to stick around and get to know you all.

Sticky dust to ALL!!!!!

#12 ·
Hi Everyone. :)

So glad we moved into our own Due Date Club.:)

This is number four for our family and the news is still sinking in!
I have had fertility issues in the past, and always a long wait until my first PPAF and then afterward to get preggers again. This time, I had just one PPAF (after 28 months) and here we are! So quite a blessing that I truly am grateful for every day.

It is lovely to hear y'alls stories. Hope everyone is feeling good today!

#13 ·
Hello everyone,

This will be my third baby, and my daughters are 4 1/2 years and 1 1/2 years old. I have been trying for a third for awhile now, so I am so glad that it finally happened. My dream is to have four children (partly because I hear that 4 is easier than 3 and I love the symmetry). My due date is August 3rd.

#14 ·
Hi everyone!

My EDD is august 18th. I have a two year old daughter. This pregnancy was planned and we were lucky to conceive the second month trying. I'm 30 years old. My husband is 38. I think I would like to have three children, but my husband might feel done with two, so we'll see.

I'm planning to have a home birth. I had one with my daughter and it went wonderfully. We moved since then so we will have to use a different midwife. What I know of the midwife in my area is good though, so I am excited to meet her. Or rather meet her again. I went to youth group with her son as a kid, so I kind of know her already.

#15 ·
Hi everyone!

My EDD is 8/7. Me and my husband are both 34. We have 7 children 13(ds) 9(dd) 7.5(ds) 5(dd) 4(dd) 2.5(ds) 12 month(ds)

I have had 2 m/c so I'm hoping everything sticks. Would love to have twins so here is hopjng!

#18 ·
I'm 39, and this is baby #3 , my EDD is 8/10/2015. I have a daughter who will be 8 in May, and a son who will be 5 in February.

I have always wanted a third child, but we kept waiting until the right time. So this was a complete but very welcome surprised!

Both of my previous births were homebirths, no problems whatsoever, and I'm planning on having the 3rd at home too. I'm trying not to worry about my age!

Baby blessings to all!

#19 ·
As far as holiday parties go, try sipping a wine spritzer! I know the wine debate goes back and forth, but a spritzer is only half! Then you won't look suspicious.

Just told my grandparents last night and my dad and stepmom just now. They both were surprised and sounded slightly disappointed. :serious: I knew it was going to be like that, but I just wanted to be wrong. My husband and I both work and are trying to pay off a mountain of student debt. So a new baby in the picture just doesn't really make sense to them. I actually had to lie to my dad by saying my BC failed. We don't use any BC! Typically we use NFP, but we really left this one up to God. We have a strong Christian faith and we said, God, when you want us to have a baby, you will make it. So, I know that this baby is a gift from God and this is in His plan for us.

Anyways....starting to feel much more nausea. Went out to eat last night and had to send my dinner back. This morning I was cooking eggs and I started to feel nauseous from the smell. I just want a heaping plate of pad thai. Yikes!

#20 ·
As far as holiday parties go, try sipping a wine spritzer! I know the wine debate goes back and forth, but a spritzer is only half! Then you won't look suspicious.

Just told my grandparents last night and my dad and stepmom just now. They both were surprised and sounded slightly disappointed. :serious: I knew it was going to be like that, but I just wanted to be wrong. My husband and I both work and are trying to pay off a mountain of student debt. So a new baby in the picture just doesn't really make sense to them. I actually had to lie to my dad by saying my BC failed. We don't use any BC! Typically we use NFP, but we really left this one up to God. We have a strong Christian faith and we said, God, when you want us to have a baby, you will make it. So, I know that this baby is a gift from God and this is in His plan for us.

Anyways....starting to feel much more nausea. Went out to eat last night and had to send my dinner back. This morning I was cooking eggs and I started to feel nauseous from the smell. I just want a heaping plate of pad thai. Yikes!
Another NFP user here...
I'm so sorry your family members are reacting that way. I am facing the same situation with MIL. Our financial situation is not idea at the moment, but things have always worked out for us...she is going to flip her lid when she finds out. I'm planning on avoiding telling her for as long as possible. She made several comments when I was pregnant with DD3 and since DD3 was born, she's made lots of comments like "you better not get pregnant until ...." I finally told her months ago to stop making comments like that. I told her if she didn't watch it she'd be finding about the next baby when we were on our way to the hospital (not kidding). I really love my MIL and in a lot of ways she's been more of a mom to me than my own mother but those comments sting since we've always wanted to have a 4th and I hate that view of babies. I hate that society's attitude seems to be all about how "expensive" kids are...it's all about the money.

also..."I just want a heaping plate of pad thai" lol! I wanted nothing but thai food when I was pregnant with my first. And then after she was born I couldn't STAND the smell of it for a year.

#23 ·
Hi All,
We're so excited about this babe. This will, hopefully, be #3 . I lost a baby at 11 weeks almost exactly two years ago (nearly the same edd as this babe), and had an early m/c in April of this year too. So, a little apprehensive, but so, so happy to be holding this hope of a new little person in our family. edd is Aug 13. I've seen third babies, as this one will be, be completely out of character, so I'm trying not to have any expectations. But, let's be honest, I'm sure hoping this one will follow in her siblings' fashion and come a little early! We have a dd who will be 6 next week, and a ds who will be 4 next week. (holy. so fast they grow!)
I've been feeling pretty good, just tender and huge feeling breasts. I'm tired, but I'm always tired, so it doesn't feel too out of control. The nausea has really only started to kick in in the past few days, and is manageable. My primary "symptom" in this pregnancy is fainting, which is really unfortunate! I'm a midwife, and it doesn't feel overly safe to be passing out all over the place at work.
I think we already have a name for this child, if she's a girl. So nutty. There's time yet to change our minds, but it's not a name we ever considered in the past, so it sort of feels like the kiddo is choosing it. Timing-wise, it should be a girl, but you just never know, hey? No idea on boys names though.
So sorry there are a few others in the not-so-much-family-excitement camp. Hey, I'm excited for you guys! The good thing about family is that they usually come around to a cute baby, hey? We haven't told ours yet either. I'll be seeing my family in April, I think, and actually don't think we will tell until they see me. At which point I will look about term, so we'll see how that goes. (I get ENORMOUS)
So much looking forward to getting to know you all a bit over the next few months.

#24 ·
Hi!!

My EDD is 8/14, a surprise pregnancy after a miscarriage in October. So, excited and nervous!

We have 2 boys, 2 & 4 this month. I'm 38, hoping for a home birth but both of my planned natural births ended up in the hospital. I'm going to work on hypnobirthing again, and I have a new midwife that I love. Maybe I'll look for a doula too...

Feeling pretty good so far but it's still so early. I have been really lightheaded and just have to pee all the time but that's about it. :)

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

#25 ·
Mrscarpee: I've never done hypnobirthing, but I did hypnobabies with my last pregnancy, and I will definitely do it again. I often felt irritated and would sometimes argue against the suggestions in my head, but in the end, it was an absolutely amazing, easy birth. The only challenge was that it was so short that the midwife almost didn't make it. I only ever had a couple "strong" contractions, the others were mild. I don't know how much of it was to do with hypnobabies and how much was having a second baby. But I know it was night and day to my first birthing, so I'll try it again. But this time, I definitely won't focus on having a quick birth.
a

#26 ·
Thanks! I actually did hypnobabies with #1, just ended up at the hospital because I got stuck at 8cm for 6 hours. I now live in a smaller town where I think only hypnobirthing is an option. I'm kind of excited to do it just to see what difference there is!

I had a doula with #2, but she annoyed me more than anything. She was so nice, she just wasn't what I needed. She was inexperienced so maybe that was why. I'm going to try to do some more research this time. :)

#27 ·
EDD: August 9
My birthday is August 3, I'll be 33, DH will be 34 when this LO is born. Our DD will be 29 months. I also practice Fertility Awareness/NFP and we had originally thought to wait until DD turned two to TFAS but we became too excited to wait and just went for it. Interestingly enough DD is Pisces and this LO will be Leo, DH and I are Pisces and Leo, my sister and I are Pisces an Leo, and DH and his sister are Pisces and Leo and are the exact age spacing that DD and LO2 will be.

#28 ·
Hello all! We're expecting #3 EDD 8/3/15, though if this one is on par with DS (4) and DD (3) it'll actually be sometime between the 12th-16th. This will be a rainbow baby for us so I'm a little anxious, but very excited! :)

#30 ·
I'm joining in too. I'm Carrie. I am 37 and this is my second baby. I have a 3 year old daughter. I had a miscarriage in October at 10 weeks and I have also had a few chemical pregnancies over the past year, so I am cautiously optimistic about this pregnancy. I got my BFP at 11 DPO, tested a few days to see progression, and got a blazing positive this morning at 20 DPO, so I called my OB for blood work and should have the results tomorrow.

Looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you!

#31 ·
I just realized I've posted in other places but not here! Or did I? Pregnancy brain!

We just found out 2 days ago on the day AF was due, so I'm 4 weeks 2 days with an EDD of August 22nd. My body is weirdly like clockwork (28 day cycles, ovulation day 14, daughter was born ON her due date) so I'm hopeful that pattern will continue and I can plan on that being the Day. I am 30 and my partner is 36, we have been together 8 years and have decided to finally DO THIS. We tried for 2 cycles before this one with no positives, and then this cycle rolls around and we weren't able to be anywhere near each other for the whole week I was supposedly fertile, and somehow I got pregnant! I have a 9 year old who will be getting a second brother or sister next year as her dad and his partner are due in March. I'm worried that it will be a little overwhelming and that she'll feel left out so I'm making preparations to spend lots of time with her and be extra attentive.

Nice to meet all of you and can't wait to have people to talk to over the next year!

#32 ·
(I think I just posted this in the wrong spot a few minutes ago. Computer savvy I am not. Let's try again.)

Just found out this morning! Due 8/24. Crazy. Thought we were done, but DH said he thinks another girl is coming. Haven't told him yet that he may be right. :) My other kids are 13, 11, 7, 4, and 2. Surprised, worried, excited, and everything in between.

And I should probably tell my husband before I post any more, huh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.