sudden all-day nausea - Mothering Forums

#1 of 9 Old 01-14-2015, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sudden all-day nausea

This is my 3rd pregnancy and aside from complete exhaustion from weeks 4-5, I've felt great. I just hit the 8-week mark 3 days ago and, on that very day, I suddenly started having 24 hour unrelenting nausea to the point where I am convinced I'm going to puke at any min all day long (and in the middle of the night, too). I never do puke luckily. I'm barely able to eat anything that doesn't make me feel even more nauseous, and if I can eat it, my stomach starts rumbling immediately after and then I get irritable bowels...blah.

Anyone else going through this? Is there anything that could help? I have some ginger tea and saltines but thats all Ive tried. I had some unpleasant symptoms with my other 2 pregnancies but nausea was a come-and-go thing, unlike this. I'm having a hard time taking care of the kids and keeping up with my full-time job. I'd love to commiserate with anyone else who might be going through this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 01-14-2015, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Ugh. I feel your pain. This was me the last three weeks, including throwing up a few times a day for the last week.
In the last two days things have improved by leaps and bounds (I'm 9w2d right now). I changed a few things: 1) stopped taking my prenatal vitamin after talking to my midwife. She said it was probably making things a lot worse. 2) Started drinking Emergen-C, at least two packs a day. It has C, B6 and a bunch of other vitamins and electrolytes. Makes a HUGE (huge!!!) difference. You can buy it at most grocery or drug stores (I found it at Safeway, they have it at Walgreens too). 3) Eat whatever I can keep down, stop stressing about not eating...anything you can stomach, go with it. Worry about nutrition next trimester.
I took a shower, cleaned the bathrooms and did laundry this morning. I feel like a human being again. I'm crediting the emergen-C. ;-)

Hope you find something that works! <3
#3 of 9 Old 01-14-2015, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
This is how I've felt for weeks. I found several blog posts linking morning sickness (mine was 24 hour too) to magnesium deficiency. They recommend to start upping your stores before conceiving but I figured it couldn't hurt. I started drinking natural calm twice/day & made magnesium oil spray from magnesium flakes. The oil is the preferred method because the skin absorbs it best. I am spraying my legs & abdomen 2-3 times a day. Start at your legs because it can sting a little! I've been doing this less than a week and the past 2 days I've felt human again! My mom commented im smiling again and have a sense of humor I hope this helps!

#4 of 9 Old 01-14-2015, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just sent hubby to get magnesium oil and EmergenC. I'm hoping it will help the sudden extreme nausea and vomiting that started this week. I've had some embarrassing public moments and I'm rather tired of it.

DD 5/07 DS 11/09 missing my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
babies and expecting a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aug 2015
#5 of 9 Old 01-14-2015, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
so sorry about the 24/7 nausea. it's awful.
I am dealing with HG but on the upswing (11+weeks) and one thing that instantly helped me was Magnesium brine spray. It's not a cure, but it took the edge off. I keep it near me all day! Glad to hear it has worked for others, too.

Mama
, DH
, DD (05)
, DS1 (09)
, DS2 (12)
DS3 (15)
#6 of 9 Old 01-20-2015, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I've actually been taking emergen-C this past week because I was really sick (virus sick). As soon as I find out I'm pregnant I have to up my magnesium otherwise when i try to go to the bathroom it's like practice for childbirth. OMG OUCH! I'm gonna take some emergen-c now and see if I feel less nauseous. I heard b-12 is good for morning sickness, or b-6. some b vitamin...sorry, that's not helpful! HAHA. I have vitamin c powder that you can add to whatever, water or juice. it's strong so I prefer juice. I have noticed this time that my nausea suddenly increased and I went from dry heaves to actual vomitting. I actually got stuck at a stoplight yesterday tossing my cookies on my way to work. YAHOOOO!
#7 of 9 Old 01-22-2015, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have started feeling better during the day but get queasy and sour stomach after 4:00. It's so different than any other pregnancy and it's making my anxiety pretty high. My first m/c baby was gone at 9 weeks (I'm 9w2d) so naturally any relief or good days are freaking me out. I'm so exhausted mentally! I have been working and I feel like being distracted and keeping moving is partly why I don't feel as sick. I've also been better about my protein intake and water which I was terrible about with my first two. Hubby gets nervous too because my barfing is comforting to him that all is well. Can't blame him.

DD 5/07 DS 11/09 missing my
babies and expecting a
Aug 2015
#8 of 9 Old 01-23-2015, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Liz View Post
I have started feeling better during the day but get queasy and sour stomach after 4:00. It's so different than any other pregnancy and it's making my anxiety pretty high. My first m/c baby was gone at 9 weeks (I'm 9w2d) so naturally any relief or good days are freaking me out. I'm so exhausted mentally! I have been working and I feel like being distracted and keeping moving is partly why I don't feel as sick.
Sounds like me exactly!
#9 of 9 Old 10-01-2017, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I felt nauseated, I would take sips of water which had lots of lemon juice in it to make it tart. Just sips, not guzzling. No to morning sickness tea also helps and it has lemon and lemon peel too!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page