Mothering Forum banner

Hello food aversion!

969 views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  dahlia810 
#1 · (Edited)
Just when I was thinking to myself- maybe the test was wrong, I am not actually pregnant - due to lack of any symptoms, BAM! The smell of coffee almost made me sick (I looooove coffee) and it was like torture convincing myself to eat a piece of peanut butter toast this morning. This part of early pregnancy I did not miss 😒 but it's all worth it in the end 😊

#6 ·
The last few days have been increasingly worse for me with nausea. I have been able to eat, but last night I ate dinner and spent the rest of the evening wondering if I was about to throw up and eventually wishing I could. Handfuls of Cheerios all night long and burnt toast/ginger ale for breakfast today. Ugh!! I ought to try the magnesium spray!

#7 ·
I'm having good luck with ginger ale and peppermints. so far the only puking I've done has been from stomach flu, heh. I really don't want to eat ANYTHING except Mexican food, avocados and ice cream tho!! there's a lot of food going bad in my fridge because I can't bring myself to touch it :(

#8 ·
@clarwyn so funny, I just ordered cheese enchiladas last night and ate them again for lunch, one of the only appetizing things I can think of!! So hard to prepare food for my DD while feeling this way.

#10 ·
Gals, I have to share something that worked for me tonight. The last few days I have been miserable and hardly able to eat or drink anything, no vitamins, running for toilet but unable to vomit (the worst). Tonight I tried some EmergenC because I've heard it works wonders and i needed the fluids because I am still nursing. It was surprisingly palatable!! So glad I got some bonus vitamins in!! Then I started eating/sucking on Sour Patch Kids (terrible I know) but I swear it was the best I've felt in days. I was able to sit and talk with my mom and we worked on a puzzle together and I didn't once groan about how sick I felt. Had to share in case either of these help any of you also suffering.

#12 ·
I have been pretty nauseous most of the day and night for the past 4 days. It's much worse than any of the other pregnancies. The only thing that sounds good is pizza and watermelon. I am able to eat other things so far and coffee is still ok which is really odd since that has always been the first thing to go. Maybe my body realizes I really need it with 3 little ones running around.

#14 ·
Ugh, fish! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I only want smoothies, tropical fruit, green juices and huge freaking salads. Sounds perfect - if it wasn't so expensive and time-consuming!

I run an underground kitchen, and I prepare a new menu each week. Last week, I was so sick (literally) of cooking fried brown rice and orange-glazed tempeh! There's some left over in the fridge, and I have to tell myself to not look at it or I'll gag.

Could be worse! Last time, I learned I was pregnant on a cruise ship. Not a whole lot of vegan options on a cruise ship! I had plates of slightly steamed green veggies every night, with the option of olive oil + salt on top. I couldn't look at green veggies or olive oil for months!

#16 ·
Oh, sgsnyder, my heart goes out to pregnant cooks and chefs! So hard not to have any control over the food you're cooking/smelling!

belacmsage, I'm having the same funny exerience with coffee. I'm having no trouble with it, even with the strange cream here. Other times Ive been pg, its the first or second thing to go.

I'm still in Mexico on the coast. Sadly, I can't eat fish anymore. OMG the whole fried fishes everywhere, and street venders with crabs and shrimp.... UGH!! Street vendors and open markets were wonderful two weeks ago, now everything seems so disgusting. I had to stop buying vegetables because the vegetable vendors share space with the butchers and the smell of open market, raw pork and chicken..... so, so horrible. All I want is french fries and lemonade. Which won't help me out with the GDM risk factors! Luckily, I don't feel sick first thing in the morning so I make myself eggs with greens before I start to feel gross.

Looking forward to getting home to good beef and kale.

#17 ·
I'm hanging in there so far. I haven't had any major food aversions or cravings (yet) but I'm sure they will come. I absolutely could not stand the smell of shrimp when I was pregnant the first time. The only thing so far that makes me want to barf is catching a whiff of the dog's food - and that was problematic last time around, too.

#18 ·
i'm 10 weeks now and seems like my aversions are getting worse every day >.< WATER makes me nauseous!! still havent thrown up, which is pretty amazing considering i feel like i'm going to at any second all.day.long!! pictures of food make me gag. (i'm having to stay off pinterest, which is usually one of my go-to boredom killers.) brushing my teeth makes me gag. if my nose gets stuffy, which is a lot of the time, i gag. my cats stink and my whole house stinks and everything is so gross!! haha. Chipotle vegetarian burritos, oranges and chocolate ice cream are the only good things left in the world. except for some reason i'm still ok with coffee!

sorry for the drama :p i'm just really sick of being sick! i almost yelled at DH today because he didnt want to take me to Chipotle and i seriously felt like i would die without it. this is so ridiculous. those of you who have done this before, when did you start to feel better?

#19 ·
@clarwyn I think around 11 weeks is when I really started to feel some improvement, but it was gone by 13 weeks. Hang in there!!! And hold onto any food that sounds appetizing. That is a monumental win. :)

#21 ·
@clarwyn I had a lot of luck with miso soup today- I had it twice and felt almost human. :) worth a shot?

#22 ·
Miso soup sounds so good right now @sarahl918

I REALLY wanted General tsos chicken last night, got my husband to get some for dinner... And it repulsed me. Sigh. It smells really sickly sweet to me for some reason! So unfair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Nothing sounds appealing to me anymore. Pizza is off the list now. Coffee as of today is no longer ok (what I'm I going to do!). Everything I eat just makes me feel worse. Really looking forward to the 2nd trimester.

#24 ·
Well I don't want to brag but my nausea has really let up these past few days. I have been eating a lot of Italian Eggs from Everyday Paleo. I would post the recipe but I don't want to make anyone queasy. And getting outside for some fresh air and movement really seems to help. It is a little disconcerting because I've always been constantly nauseous at this point in all my other pregnancies. But on the flip side my immune system is way down. I think I'm starting to get a cold and I also have a UTI in addition to the yeast infection. Which is loads of fun. I don't remember exactly when the nausea let up for me before but it was definitely not too far into the second trimester.

#25 ·
I'm glad you're feeling better @2babies2kidsmom ! But thanks for not posting the recipe lol [emoji14] I just ate a quarter of a bagel and I'm hoping it sticks around. This weekend can only be described as rough. I felt SO sick plus had headaches. All I was able to eat yesterday was an English muffin and a little pasta. Then for dinner the only thing that sounded good was bread with spinach dip. I feel your pain @belacmsage . Cmon, second trimester!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.