Mothering Forum banner

Weekly chat?

15K views 345 replies 26 participants last post by  Shiloh 
#1 ·
Would you ladies want to do weekly chat threads? Just a place to have general discussions, updates, etc :)

So how is everyone doing?? I'm definitely feeling the beginnings of morning sickness, ugh. I watch another child in my home as well as my daughter, so I'm really hoping I'm not too sick this time. I've also been really really hungry (which is a confusing feeling when you also think you might barf). I'm going to get my betas done today, so I'm nervous and hopeful that everything looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I have m/s pretty bad, and I'm constantly tired but not sleeping well. I just keep reminding myself that I'm more than halfway done with this trimester. and my doctor gave me Zofran, which takes the edge off.

#6 ·
Juniper- that stinks!

Clarwyn- hope you are able to get some rest. Are you able to nap?

Morning sickness started today and all I could think about was chocolate covered peanuts. But then around noon the feeling passed and I am doing better. Also sorry for tmi but for the past few days I have been alternating between constipation and the extreme opposite. Yuck.

#9 ·
I am feeling ok just hungry but with heartburn and have in between constipation and diarrhea - it's like my poor body is confused! I don't really get morning sickness as long as I listen to my body and eat little snacks even if I don't feel like I want to. I am waiting for the exhaustion to kick in - but I am tired all the time anyway so I am not sure there will be to much of a difference! I do have cramping which I know is ok esp with it being my 4th pregnancy but that doesn't make it any more fun! I am just waiting for my husband to warm up to the idea of this baby and then I can start being happy. Right now he won't even talk about it or really talk to me so that's hard.

#10 ·
I am just waiting for my husband to warm up to the idea of this baby and then I can start being happy. Right now he won't even talk about it or really talk to me so that's hard.
Sorry he isn't on board yet. That has to be hard on you. I haven't told my husband yet although I do know he would welcome a 4th. He is a SAHD and the day I found out was pretty overwhelming for him so I waited. Now I am in a trap of wanting the perfect moment to tell him. Maybe I'll iust wait till he notices. Lol

#12 ·
@Momof3mb I'm sorry your husband isn't excited yet :( that sounds really upsetting. Hugs!! Is he just nervous about adding another?
@JuniperC lol that's funny you haven't told him yet! I waited a few days to tell my husband, but I couldn't hold it in very long! I was joking to my husband about not telling our families at all and seeing who is the first to ask the awkward question haha!

As for me, I'm ok other than being tired and vaguely nauseous. I got my betas back this morning- my hcg was 461!! And that was only 3 days past my missed period. Crazy high! My first hcg reading with my daughter was a whopping 19.

#13 ·
I don't know how any of you waited more than just a couple of hours to tell your significant other! When I found out, my husband was out at a show so I had about 3 hours to wait and those were theeeeeeeeee longest 3 hours of my life...I was shaking the whole time, both with shock and excitement.

As far as symptoms go, I'm definitely experiencing tons of fatigue (bed at 10:30 and sleep until 9am and STILL nap with 15 month old). Thankfully, I have the lifestyle right now that can accommodate that, but not for long. Right now I'm in the process of looking for a job so I can bring in extra income before this one arrives and I tell you what! Four interviews in the past week with intense waves of nausea and debilitating fatigue during all of them has NOT been my idea of a good time.

#14 ·
I'm at 6 weeks now, and my only symptom is sore nipples, and a protruding awkward tummy. Thankfully it can be concealed. However I have a bad cold this week with lots of congestion. To make things better, we have a burst pipe in the front yard, so no water in our house for the last 24 hours. Hopefully tomorrow it will all be sorted out. Fun times.

#15 ·
@soleilmama naps are a life saver right now!! I'll probably have to give them up next week when I start watching another kiddo, ugh! And job interviews with nausea?! Blah, no thank you!
@Katherine73 feel better soon! And I hope your pipe gets fixed soon!! That SUCKS [emoji30]

#17 ·
Momof3MB - I hope he warms up soon. It seems to take longer for dads sometime.

I hope m/s gets better/doesn't get worse for everyone else!

I am having pretty bad nausea and am only 5 weeks. Started about 9 days ago, so I am hoping it doesn't get much worse. I have only thrown up once. I'm in Mexico for several weeks, so probably the food and water and bumpy roads/buses are not helping. It is worse midday and right after I eat a large meal. Luckily Mexico is absolutely teeming with small snacks everywhere, so whenever something seems good/possible to eat, I can grab something.

I am looking forward to getting home and running progesterone on myself and getting a little ultrasound to see a heartbeat. We tried for what seemed like a very long time; I am still a little shocked this is real!

#18 ·
Momof3MB - I hope he warms up soon. It seems to take longer for dads sometime.

He is getting warmer :) he asked how I was feeling yesterday and acknowledged the baby. He is just concerned because we are not financially where he wants us to be and our house (that we are just moving into!) is only 3 bedrooms so he isn't sure where we will put baby. I told him baby will sleep with us for a while like our others did so that's at least until it's 6 months old and then we can go from there. It'll all work out just wish it was like the movies where both parents are anticipatory and excited together!

#20 ·
whoops, I wasn't on the last page!! glad he's warming up.

I'm on my phone and can't see what I'm replying to, grr... a couple people had asked how far I am, but I can't see who. I was 7 weeks when I posted my symptoms, I'm 8 weeks now. (so 2/3 done with 1st trimester if I'm doing math right?!) still having pretty bad morning sickness of the constantly-nauseous, can't-eat variety, but not throwing up really... except I got stomach flu, bleh. that actually made me sort of grateful it hasn't been worse!!! and no, I can't really nap.

#21 ·
Ugh sorry to hear about so many of you suffering with m/s [emoji17] so far mine hasn't been bad at all, but this morning was pretty iffy so I'm expecting that it will only get worse. My main complaint has been diarrhea every single morning, UGH. Sorry tmi! But for real. Not cool.

#23 ·
6 in one bedroom! I can't even imagine. I'm driving hubby crazy trying to find room for ONE kid in our room, haha. our bed isn't big enough for the two of us (we're both a bit overweight and it's only a full size), let alone a baby. I'm looking at co-sleeper bassinet type stuff, but everything is too big for our room or too tall for our bed.

#26 ·
I spotted again after sex this morning. I freaked out. It was barely pink but when you've had a loss blood is terrifying. He said we'll talk tonight if it was the kind of thing that would be distracting to his work day.
Lol.

It's 8:30 he's not asking questions.

#27 ·
Hi ladies! Sorry that so many of you are feeling yucky (me too! m/s and crazy fatigue) and having mixed reactions from hubbies. I was also wishing for the movie type excitement when I told mine, he just kept saying 'Oh my god'. Really???

But, he's warmed up and is excited now. I'm really looking forward to that second trimester energy boost.

#28 ·
Man, this pregnancy is sure different from the last! I don't feel much in the way of morning sickness at all really. Just food aversion and lack of appetite, especially in the am. I feel some aches and pains, and occasional cramping. I've also had diarrhea at times, but not bad. I'm also not that sleepy. I feel about as tired as I usually feel. I never have felt fully rested much in my life, so I guess tired is my norm. Probably not a good norm, but i'm used to it. Haven't really gained weight either, but I am expanding and my pants barely fit. Actually there's only one pair that fits right now, and it's uncomfortable. Ugh. I haven't yet found maternity jeans that fit. I have stupid slightly longer than average legs. And all other women who get pregnant seem to have average legs, so unfortunately I haven't found a pair that fit yet. Dang it! Come on tall ladies! Donate your used maternity pants so I can buy them! lol.

#29 ·
Me too funfunkyfantastic! This pregnancy is so different! My sense of smell is totally heightened, and I don't ever remember that. Actually, I have a funny (to me) story about that. I don't want to tell my hubby or my mom because they will be horrified. But in the last few days I have smelled poop three separate times and discovered day old poop on the floor!:eek: My twins are in this stage where they constantly take off their diapers and prefer to go on the floor. I know, it is so disgusting, but I am thankful I have super smelling power so I can detect it!! I have to get them potty trained!!

So in other news my doc wants to monitor me continuously while I am in labor and says I have to have the IV lock. I am pretty disappointed about the continuous monitoring. I recently attended a friend's home birth and it was so beautiful and peaceful. The midwife only had to listen to the heart rate every once in a while. I am glad I had one of my babies at home and I wish I could do it again.

#30 ·
Hi ladies! Anyone mind if I crash here until the oct ddc opens? I'm feeling very energetic but sick, like my tummy just won't settle. I'm hungry but I hate eating. Everything is delicious but unsettling. Ugh. I wish I could just not eat but at is worse. I am noshing. Oh and we haven't told anyone but my brother almost asked yesterday and i almost told him. Ack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.