Mothering Forum banner

~~~***Spotlight on Erica13!***~~~

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Erica13 
#1 ·
@Erica13 here's yours! Everyone ask away!

Since I started on a Tuesday and we're likely not to have new spotlights for a while, you all can ask questions through some of next week too.

What is your favorite color?

#7 ·
Favorite parts of pregnancy - feeling the little one move inside me.

Least favorite part - sore muscles - hips and back, heartburn, not being able to move around as well, the last few weeks of waiting for baby to be born.

I am most looking forward to my mother coming this summer.

#8 ·
In the fall, I love to bake pumpkin cake, bread, pies, etc. - anything pumpkin.

In the spring I love to make fresh strawberry pies.

I guess that's more baking than cooking. :) For main meals, I like to make pasta salads in the summer.

#10 ·
I started an answer yesterday, and didn't post it. I love to read!

Unfortunately, yesterday I left my Kindle on my nightstand and my toddler must have found it. Not sure what he did to it, but I found it on the floor. Later when I turned it on it wouldn't work - it looks like the internal screen is broken. :( I can still read on my iphone, but it's a bit harder on my eyes if I read for very long.

Lately, some of the books I've been reading are:

Praying through Your pregnancy, by Jennifer Polimino - it talks about the baby's development each week and has a story and prayer for each week.

The Whole Brain Child, by Daniel J. Siegel M.D.

How to Get Your Kid to Eat...But Not too Much, by Ellyn Satter (Our toddler is just a little underweight, so I got this book to figure out how to help increase his weight).

The Child Whisperer, by Carol Tuttle (wonderful advice, although poorly written. )

No Bad Kids, by Janet Lansbury - It's been a while since I read this book, but I love her blog and her philosophies on peaceful, respectful parenting.

Montessori From the Start, started re-reading this one as my toddler is now at a different stage than when I first read the book. Excellent ideas for potty training, eating, and teaching practical life skills to my toddler.

Baby Knows Best, Raising a Confident and Successful Child the RIE way (this book was really instrumental in developing my parenting style when I read it a couple years ago. I love the principles presented about respecting baby).

Secrets of the Baby Whisperer, by Tracy Hogg

Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child, by Mark Weissbluth - read the toddler sections in this book and the one above this past week as I was starting to get really frustrated with my toddler's sleeping habits. A combination of ideas from both books has really helped! And I'm starting to get a little more sleep now too! YAY!

I also like reading historical or light fiction on occasion, but usually I get so wrapped up in the book I forget about life for a while. So I save the fiction books for when I'm feeling stressed and need to rest, otherwise I end up procrastinating on regular life. I like most of Francine Rivers fiction books. I love all the free Kindle books I've found too - many random fiction works by authors I'm not familiar with.

#11 ·
@Erica13 Ohh I love Francine Rivers!! I have only read Redeeming Love and the first two in the Mark of the Lion series, but I want to read the last one at some point. From what I understand it doesn't follow Hadasseh or Marcus, etc. really at all, so I haven't felt as inclined. Also love the Montessori books. My SIL gave me a cool Montessori for the Preschool Years book which has a lot of cool activities, but none that are really relevant to our current situation.

Reactions: Erica13
#12 ·
Sarahl918,

I too read only the first two books of the Mark of the Lion series. I glanced at the third, but wasn't as interested in it as it followed the life of a gladiator.:grin:

#13 ·
@Erica13 does it follow Atretes (I'm probably spelling that wrong because it's from memory!)? I would be curious, because I liked his story and was interested to know how it turned out with his son.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.