Mothering Forum banner

Congrats and welcome to the 3rd trimester!

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  sarahl918 
#1 ·
We're getting there ladies! I know a lot of us are now in the 3rd trimester. Of course I already feel like I'm due any day even though I know I'm not. How are you all doing?

Reactions: Erica13
#2 ·
Unconfortable is the key word. Wish I felt more glowing or something but tired and uncomfortable is my daily theme right now. Working on an attitude adjustment. :)

Reactions: Erica13
#4 ·
My little one is quite active - sometimes feels like popcorn in there. And sometimes when I'm trying to go to sleep at night, it feels like she's practicing kick-boxing or something. :)

I'm feeling so tired and unmotivated too - I really need to start going to bed earlier, especially since it takes my baby about an hour after I lay down to stop kicking.

#5 ·
I was watching the new jurassic world movie today and boy was she active as I watched it. It was scary, but I think dh was more frightened than I was. He likes to pretend he's not afraid of scary movies bit he forgets I'm the one who wakes him up from his terror dreams at night and pulls him out of flashbacks by day. Poor guy has severe ptsd among other things. Brave of him to watch that with me. I remember how scared I used to be of the jurassic park movies as a kid. Used to give me nightmares. Then again the land before time gave me nightmares when I was dd's age, so, yeah.

#6 ·
I'm not quite there yet (27 weeks today) but feeling good overall. I'm having some mild SI joint pain, mild BH contractions, reflux, and carpal tunnel if I bend my wrists for more than a few seconds at a time. That said, it's SO MUCH better than last time around for me. My first pregnancy was absolutely miserable, so these discomforts are really minor in comparison. I'm hoping the subsequent kid is easier, too. ;-) I go for my GTT Thursday - and I wasn't thinking about the time when I scheduled it, as it's in the afternoon. I'll just have to be careful about what I eat that morning and for lunch!

#7 ·
hey ladies, swinging by to say hi :) yay for finally making it to the third trimester!! for me it felt like it took forever. now i've got braxton hicks keeping me awake at night, so i cant wait to be done, haha. hope you're all doing well!

#8 ·
Feeling pretty good at 31 weeks. I somehow was down 5 pounds at my last appointment. I attribute it to having no room left for food! Acid reflux is worse but not terrible and my hips are so achey. I really wish I was a person with increased libido during pregnancy but I am not. My labia get so super swollen so easily its awful. Looking forward to having my body back. My toddler is nursing a ton but has slept through the night in his own bed a few times. And he is spending the night with my parents tomorrow for the first time. Thats my all over the place update!

#9 ·
@taters sorry your libido isn't up. Mine wasn't for the first tri and then suddenly there it was. However now dh wants mostly nothing to do with me unless it's personal attention for him. And you gotta know I'm just soooo motivated to do that with no reciprocation. He doesn't seem to get why I get so irked when he asks for "attention". It doesn't help that we're on opposite schedules too. When I'm tired he's wide awake and when I'm awake he's tired.

#10 ·
Ugh @taters I feel your pain re: libido [emoji58] I have zero desire. And my husband is getting antsy and impatient. I feel bad but it's so hard to even work up the energy to do something *ahem* "nice" for him haha.
@FluffyFlamingo I hope your gtt goes well tomorrow!!

Haha @clarwyn I'm sooo ready to be done too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Tired, uncomfortable, achy - all true for me as well! But excited to be in the 3rd tri because that means I'll be starting to really prepare for baby soon and I love that part of pregnancy. Washing clothes, organizing, etc. I have been squeaking by without muscle cramps thanks to the increased magnesium, and regular chiro appts help with the hip pain, but nothing really helps me escape the fatigue of chasing after a toddler who RUNS every time I try to change her diaper or put her clothes on. So, she's naked most of the time or wearing just a diaper. And I don't care. ;) Things aren't so bad while DH is here but he travels a week out of each months and he still has two more trips between now and guess date. How will I survive?? Started Hypnobabies home study a couple of days ago and am excited to keep up with the practice. I'm reading some birth books too, to help get my head in the game for my first home birth.

#12 ·
I'm still trying to figure out how to stock up on freezer meals with a small freezer. DH isn't eligible for paternity leave until next January. So he has to just keep working and somehow I'm supposed to supply him with lunches that don't need to be thawed every day. He eats his food cold because he only gets 10 minute breaks and 30 minute lunches. He still loves pasta cold, but I think pasta meals have been getting old (as we pretty much just have pasta to eat. Food stamps got cut off unfortunately and we have not a cent to our names.) I have no clue how to cheaply make and store 2 weeks worth of meals on my budget.

#15 · (Edited)
Does your husband do sandwiches? If you buy dry chickpeas/garbanzo beans now you could make and can some hummus now. I've never canned hummus, but I'd imagine it would work. Then make them into sandwiches for his work. You could also make homemade refried beans and can them. Then whipping up a bean and cheese burrito for his lunch would only take 5 minutes (although might not taste the best cold). At a restaurant I worked at once we served a cold soup called gaspacho. I think it had tomatoes and beans in it (no meat) so it could easily be made ahead and canned. It was delicious too! Canning isn't really that hard - you just want to make sure to that the seal is tight if you're storing it outside the refrigerator. You can use leftover/used glass jars as long as the lid doesn't have any dents in it. While it takes longer with a small pot it works just as well as a large, "canning" pot. The only thing you have to make sure you have would be a pair of tongs for getting the hot jars and sterilized lids out of the boiling water.

Another delicious lunch meal are spinach pies. You cut up the spinach with onions, sumac, and lemon juice (you can also add hot spices if you like) and then you wrap them in bread dough in a triangle shape. Bake them and then freeze them. These freeze really well and are good cold too. You can also do the same with ground beef or salty white cheese inside the bread dough. But you'd need some freezer space for these, so it might not work for you. Preparing cold meals ahead of time that he can eat cold sounds like a challenge! I hope you can figure something out that works for you all! He might just have to do his own meals for those two weeks. :)

#13 ·
30w today and starting Hypnobabies practices. Right now get some forced relaxation every day. My libido always vanishes in pregnancy and while nursing, so frustrating. When I try to just make the effort I end up laughing through most of it and it isn't successful for either of us. Add in a sudden random foot/leg cramp and starting to feel like a circus act attempt, sigh.

I have only 5 weeks of school left and am so close to being done, I can't wait. I can reach the finish line, must not collapse in a pile of exhaustion just yet.

#14 ·
@xixstar that sounds like me too - DH gets really mad if I am acting too silly, which I suppose I can understand, but it's just such an effort sometimes! I bet you are looking forward to being done with school! Thank you again for recommending the Hypnobabies so highly - I'm loving the hypnosis CDs so far and last night DH started reading the materials and will listen to his CD for the first time tonight. I really think my mind is responding to this well!

#16 ·
@Erica13 There are microwaves, just not enough time to use them and still have time for eating. He'd be pissed if I sent him to work with a frozen meal. I'd never hear the end of it. I could probably do some sort of sandwhich thing. He's a big meat eater. Is there a way to freeze sandwiches without them coming out mushy once thawed?

#19 ·
I don't think pre-made sandwiches would freeze that well. But if you make your own bread dough you can do a variety of fillings, bake them, and then freeze them once they are completely cooled. They could be thawed before you send them to work with your husband, and I think most would taste fine cold. Besides the ones I mentioned, you could also do some with luncheon meat and cheese. I made these before in a half-circle shape and they turned out good. Beirocks or Runzas are also good and I think would taste okay cold - they are a mix of pre-cooked ground beef, onions, and shredded cabbage stuffed inside bread dough and then baked. Pizza pockets would also be good cold - you could stuff the bread dough with tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni, sausage, olives, onions, green pepper, etc., bake them in individual servings and then freeze. I think pretty much any filling (other than eggs) would work for baking inside bread dough, and you could make each kind in a slightly different shape. Peanut butter and jelly baked inside bread dough would probably be good too - although I've never tried it. I hope you figure out something that works for both you and your husband. :wink:

#17 ·
Peanut butter and jelly! ;) And hard boiled eggs. I'm having a tough time thinking of freezer meals that need can be eaten cold. I know microwaving a burrito can only take a minute and a half, surely he can squeeze that in? Might be worth a shot! Those are relatively small and can be very filling, depending on how you stuff em.

#18 ·
I have started having pulsating pain in my lower back that just lasts 15 seconds or so a few times a day. I remember having this in the 3rd trimester with my last. Does anyone know what it is/what causes it? It hasn't gotten super intense yet, but I remember it being really disarming eventually last time.

#20 ·
I haven't experienced that, but it doesn't sound comfortable! I am getting this strange numbing sensation in my chest, right where my bra hits under my breasts, above my abdomen. I had that with DD too and I couldn't WAIT for it to go away when I had her. I kind of figured it was just a nerve thing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.