Mothering Forum banner

Early Pregnancy Symptoms

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Tanja Sofia Krupa 
#1 ·
I thought it might be nice to have a thread to rant, whine and give advice regarding some of these excessively fun early pregnancy symptoms. Since this is my first pregnancy, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm sure some of you have great advice to give.

I'm somewhere between six weeks and seven weeks pregnant with our first tiny human. I never imagined I'd be particularly symptomatic, but then I vomited four times yesterday, so I'm adjusting my expectations.

I feel little pains and twinges all the time. If I called my doctor half as much as I'd like to, I'm pretty sure I'd be pegged as a hypochondriac.

The last few nights I've fallen asleep at around 8.

I miss feeling in control.

#3 ·
No one in their right mind enjoys being pregnant, thats my take. Its terrible, the moddiness, the nausea, the starvation followed by excessive fullness and more nausea... yeah, pretty much no good times. However the little people make it worth it. In fact they remind you of how worth it they are the whole of your next pregnancy so it makes it easier. I think this is my best pregnancy yet, mostly because I ahve three happy little people outside to remind me of all the fun things I get to do when I'm done cooking this one. Speaking of which I can't cook. I also had to give up coffee, becasue it gave me mini contractions yesterday (sad face). I like coffee! No coffee for eight more months, booo.

#4 ·
I actually love being pregnant, except for this darn first trimester. This time the symptoms hit me early, right around 4.5 weeks. Now at 6.5 weeks I am pretty constantly nauseous and so very very tired. Pretty emotional too. I've never thrown up with my other two, so I don't expect to with this one. I will just feel so sick I almost wish I would to see if it would make me feel better. I am taking B6 to help with the morning sickness, and I think it is helping because I have been able to at least eat. And I only want to eat things from my childhood. All this stupid food that I hated then and all my adult life. It all suddenly sounds like the only appetizing choices.

#5 ·
The only symptoms I've had so far are slightly sore boobs and being extra tired and not having much patience with my kids. Oh, and a nice big zit on my chin. 6 weeks is usually when I start feeling really gross. I don't actually throw up most of the time (I vomited once with each of my successful pregnancies), but I feel constantly nauseated, no energy, all food is disgusting, etc. Brushing my teeth makes me gag, and I can barely choke down my vitamins. I also get horrible reflux when I'm pregnant, so I'm just waiting for that to start. It has started earlier with each pregnancy, although I'm on a much healthier diet now than I was with any of the others, so I'm hoping that might help a little. I'm guessing I'll probably be on prescription meds by the 2nd trimester, though.

#7 ·
SUPER sore nipples...and waves of nausea. Also exhausted, but I just got back fun traveling internationally ALONE with my 3 year old...so I can't really say that's pregnancy related quite yet. With my son I was really feeling things by now, and ended up with nausea and food aversions that lasted through my 6th month. However, we have since moved away from anything toxic (no commercial cleaners, detergents, or body "care" products), and went paleo. Our food quality is a billion times better and I'm supplementing with topical magnesium as well. I'm REALLY hoping all of that helps with my overall sense of wellbeing during this pregnancy, time will tell! I have been very aware that I constantly feel on the verge of tears and am very irritated, don't recall feeling that last time.

#9 ·
I have been experiencing nausea, food aversions, sore nipples, fatigue (I fell asleep on the floor while playing with DS this week!), acne, very cold, thirsty. With DS, the worst was probably the third trimester acid reflux - I couldn't lay down for hours after eating. The second worst was the nosebleeds...luckily, I work in a hospital and I could pack my nose with gauze and get away with wearing a mask over my face.

I really like being pregnant and try to think of the unpleasant symptoms as the hormones being present and doing their jobs. Once you are visibly pregnant, strangers will open doors and offer to carry things for you! Oh, and they will also ask you really personal questions in the same casual tone they talk about the weather, ha, ha.

#13 ·
I'm 6 weeks and 0 days today and my consciousness of pregnancy symptoms has been wiped away by a kicking case of the flu (me and my three year old both). Sore boobs is all I can tell as DEFINITELY not being flu-caused! Well, the weepiness, I guess. My husband gave me flowers on valentines day and I _bawled_.

Funny how some women don't feel pregnant for weeks and weeks and some (me) feel "off" before we even miss a period. Makes you feel like a nutcase until you get a BFP.

#14 ·
I'm 6 weeks 2 days along and feeling very nauseous — and have an unsettled tummy nearly all the time. Tired too. Tried to take a nap this morning until the nausea passed, but ended up just lying there watching "Of Mice and Men" (the older black-and-white version). Nausea this time is definitely worse and more prolonged than with either Josie or Bella. With both of them, I got a reprieve in the afternoon and could eat properly: this time, the unsettled feeling never quite goes away...

Let's see...what else. Oh yeah: I've gone up about a cup size, if not more. Big babylons already, man! Sensitive nips, too.

Right now, I can't eat much but fruit and veggies, which is a pretty good deal I guess. Pineapple is my friend. Just got some yogurt down at lunch time too. :)

#18 ·
Tyness I'm right there with you, I've been using homemade toothpaste (diamateous earth based) got the last couple years and I thought somehow that would make this less of an issue this time around. I'm all about surrender with this baby, though...so be it! The weirdest this is that it's only on the right side of my mouth!?

#20 ·
Hi All! I'm 9.5 weeks with baby 3! It wasn't planned per se, so I haven't done this in 6 & 8 years. I felt amazing until 6 weeks and then bam! Nausea, vomiting, aches, fatigue, and waking up every few hours each night. I don't remember the first trimester being so horrific; however, my husband claims it was worse the other two times. LOL. I'm so looking forward to a reprieve from the puking.

I had a huge wave of depression during weeks 6 & 7...I found myself wishing I wasn't pregnant and very angry that I had to deal with all of this. I pretty much had to alter all of my life plans that I had in place this next few years. Both of my girls are finally in school together all day in September...But, I used EFT and tapped that gloom and doom away. Thank God for tapping!

I've found that acupuncture really helps lessen the puking. I go once a week, but I've already lost 13 pounds this trimester (I lost around 12 with each of my other two).

My diet is much, much different though now than then. I don't eat dairy, gluten, sugar, caffeine, or processed foods and my meat aversion is through the roof, so I worry about getting enough calories in during the meals I can keep down. Water is also impossible. I've been drinking coconut water, which I hate, and root beer, which makes me feel guilty. Rock and hard place. Hang in there ladies!!! It really will get better...:joy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.