Mothering Forum banner

Breakfast & Snacks.

735 views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  rey 
#1 ·
So what are your go tos? I had high hopes of eating a healthy breakfast most mornings, but yesterday when I made a delicious egg&veggies& avocado scramble and them the smell of it made me want to puke, I realized I need more simple things in hand for this begining stage.
What are your favorites?

#3 ·
I'm having a hard time with eggs right now. I enjoy Greek yogurt, fruit and homemade granola. Toast with cottage cheese works too.

#4 ·
My breakfast since I started the autoimmune protocol diet has been a smoothie with homemade coconut milk, collagen hydrolysate (for protein), a handful of spinach, and frozen fruit. I usually have something else with it for more protein, but I take my smoothie with me when I'm on the go a lot of the time and just have a snack a few hours later.

#5 ·
Breakfast is the hardest meal for me. I start with a banana, and hot lemon water with honey. I wait about 30 minutes, and I gauge my stomach from there. I have been aiming for very bland foods. I eat toast or rice cakes with peanut butter and jam. Some days, I can only manage a glass of juice. On those days, I will aim for a cheese or yogurt for a protein snack in the mid-morning.

#7 ·
A latte. I always start my day with a decaf latte. Seems ok on the stomach. This morning was multigrain sourdough toast with sour cherry jam and softly scrambled eggs with butter. Yum.

Yesterday I had such a bad headache and it was making me nauseous. It's better after some caffeine this morning (added a small amount of instant to my latte). Trying to get enough water is hard though. I'm not enjoying it much but feeling dehydrated.

#13 ·
A latte. I always start my day with a decaf latte. Seems ok on the stomach. This morning was multigrain sourdough toast with sour cherry jam and softly scrambled eggs with butter. Yum.

Yesterday I had such a bad headache and it was making me nauseous. It's better after some caffeine this morning (added a small amount of instant to my latte). Trying to get enough water is hard though. I'm not enjoying it much but feeling dehydrated.
Mmmm sour cherry jam sounds wonderful right now! And I have started getting headaches to and a small cup of coffee helps me too!

#8 ·
I'm not a breakfast person in general. My nausea is definitely worse from when I get up in the morning until well into the afternoon. I know it is worse on either an empty stomach or when I have eaten too much, but even a bite or two of anything makes me want to hurl more. :-( I haven't found a good "go-to" food yet that I can stomach without gagging.

#11 ·
Well this paleo mama is officially on the grain train again...seriously toast is all I want! Toast with butter, jam, melted cheese, anything. Oh yeah. Dairy. Lots of dairy! I am able to start the day with a couple fried eggs between buttered toast, and fruit, and usually end up eating yogurt with fruit and granola for lunch. Once I very home from work I overdose on avocado and cheese sandwiches.

Oh the sugar headaches, but it's all I can eat! The mere idea of meat or vegetables is enough to send me running to the toilet :(

#16 ·
I think I need a toaster - toast and jam and bagel and cream cheese are all sounding great.
I'm having the thing where I accidentally get too hungry and then every food I think about preparing makes me feel like gagging.
I would be living on apple or banana with peanut butter, or crackers and cheese if I weren't trying to feed F (22 months) a really solid, varied diet right now. That said I would not mind more ideas that are the preparation difficulty level of the above either...

#17 ·
I know exactly what you mean! I get hungry, then sadly nothing sounds good anymore.
I actually made a nice roast last night with butternut squash and cauliflower, but somehow eating it just seemed to make me hungrier - so i just reverted to having toast for dinner!
Gotta laugh.. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.