Mothering Forum banner

Weekend check-in :-)

783 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  meeba 
#1 ·
Happy Saturday mamas!

Hope everyone is taking care of themselves. We still have bitter cold here. Today is laundry and cooking and taking it easy day. I'm making a beef bone broth-based veggie soup. Been craving veggies a lot. My iron is already starting to fall (from 145 to 123 in just a few weeks of pregnancy), so I figure this is a good way to combat it. Nausea isn't too bad unless I am hungry. In the morning I wake up feeling quite normal in the body, and by the end of the day I feel soooo pregnant. 7+1 today.

Tomorrow is the re-scan of the subchorionic bleed. I'm going in a day early as I don't want to hit rush hour Monday morning. I figure it won't matter. They said I could even wait 2 weeks - uhm, no! I can't wait that long!

Breakfast has been some strawberry kefir, and orange and a decaf latte. I have some nice multigrain sourdough bread for some toast, perhaps. Apart from some housework and eating, I'm hoping to knit a bunch. I'm off call this weekend so enjoying the relaxed pace. After the ultrasound tomorrow I am going to check out a baby store that sells just about everything and do some browsing.

How is everyone else doing? Whatcha doing this weekend?

I know one of us is in Vegas...won't name names! ;-)

See less See more
#2 ·
Today is an errand day. Dh has to get to the bank and to get plates on our new to us van. He also has some work to do for his business. I have to get a few things from the store. I am eating some oatmeal with peanut butter and I am having some coffee.

Tomorrow I am hoping to meet two friends for some coffee for a few hours and then DH has to go work on my midwifes computer. So a busy weekend for him and his business. I am going to attempt to cook dinner lol.

#4 ·
Today I was supposed to go antiquing with a friend for old fashioned keys for a Harry Potter mobile we're making for another friend who's pregnant, but we got quite a bit of snow last night and didn't figure we'd find open shops. Ago instead, DH and I took DS sledding, and got burgers and cupcakes for my birthday (shameless plug). We also slid into two curbs and completely jacked the alignment on the car, but nothing major. We're supposed to get sleet tonight, so we'll probably be snowed in tomorrow as well.

#5 ·
Narleegates happy birthday!

I worked today, 8 hours of helping new moms breastfeeding...if it weren't for the stupid mask I have to wear (declined the flu vaccine) plus this persistent nausea I would have been fabulous! As it is breakfast was 3 cups of peppermint tea an apple and hardboiled eggs (that won't be happening again, I had to choke them down, soooooo gross!)

I've been craving dairy, and since the only dairy I've had since going paleo 3 years ago is butter, I'm torn. I think I'm going to have to add some yogurt into my daily diet. I got sour cream for my husband when we made fajitas the other night and ended up eating it myself with a spoon...straight from the container!

Also craving honey candied ginger so I'm making some as we speak!

#6 ·
Happy birthday nageriegates! We're pregnant, we need any and all props we can get!

The house hunt today was largely unfruitful but tomorrow we start again. One benefit to looking at houses, I appreciate my own home more. We've really kept this place hoppin. I'm going to miss it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.