Mothering Forum banner

Rainbow baby mamas

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  meeba 
#1 ·
Are any of the other rainbow baby mamas interested in sharing? I am trying to remain calm, but it is hard not to worry. I actually feel reassured by the constant nausea and fatigue that the hormones are doing their jobs. I also can't help but check for blood every time I urinate (which is a lot). I am hesitant to tell people or buy things eventhough I saw the heartbeat on the ultrasound. How is everybody else doing?

#2 ·
This is my sixth pregnancy; I have two kids and I've lost three. As of two days ago, morning sickness is in full swing and I feel like absolute crap. I wish that was enough to reassure me that things are okay, but I felt just as bad with my last pregnancy, and we never saw a heartbeat with that baby. I had a D&C at 9 weeks. I am on Lovenox injections and baby aspirin with this one, so I hope that will prevent another loss, but I know there are no guarantees. I go on the 11th to check for a heartbeat. I'll be 7w4d. We saw thickened lining at 4w4d and a gestational sac and yolk sac at 5w4d. I was initially told I could come in weekly for ultrasounds until we saw a heartbeat, but I decided I was okay with skipping this week since I started the Lovenox and if it was just a little too early to see the heartbeat this week, it would just make me worry more. At least I will know for sure that it's over if we don't see a heartbeat next time. We plan to tell our kids (and everyone else that doesn't know yet) that day if we do see a heartbeat.

#3 ·
This is my sixth pregnancy as well and I have two children here on earth and lost three. My first pregnancy was fine and I never really thought of miscarriage so that pregnancy with my daughter was blissful. Then I lost my next baby and then another. I was terrified throughout my next pregnancy, which resulted in my sweet son, I was so thankful to be able to carry another child full term. Then another loss. So here I am again terrified to go through another loss. Praying constantly and hoping to hold this child in my arms in October. I have a very hard time with each loss.

I am the same way.. every time I go to the bathroom I check for blood. I hate "living in fear."

The other thing is my best friend just told me that she is pregnant. I'm only a week or two ahead of her. I am so incredibly happy for her (this is her first), but I know if I lose this baby it will be difficult to be around her much. My excitement for her won't change but it will be a constant reminder of my empty womb. My encouragement is how sick, tired and irritable I have been. Haha I'm trying to be positive! I'm waiting to set up an ultrasound at 8 weeks, in a week and a half, and praying to see a healthy baby with a strong heartbeat. My husband works at a pregnancy center so I can set one up there, but then the fear of what if there is no heartbeat and I break down in front of his coworkers. Ugh I'm sorry for going on and on here. But I know you wonderful woman understand... I don't have my first appointment with my midwife till I'm 12 weeks so we have a way to go still for that.

Praying for sticky babies for us all and that all our fears are for nothing and we get beautiful, squishy babes this fall!!!

#5 ·
I have four earth side, (almost 8, 6, 4, 2) and I miscarried twins at the end of December. I'm thrilled to be pregnant again, but I, too, and scared to tell anyone and check for blood every time I pee. I UCed last time and plan to again, yet I've still booked a scan beginning of April just to reassure myself. Try to have faith, mamas, these wee ones are strong! <3

#6 ·
Just wanted to check in and see how all the other rainbow baby moms are hanging in there!?! So far so good here but only 10 weeks tomorrow. We had a good ultrasound last week that showed an active baby with a strong heartbeat, so that made me feel a little better but I won't feel completely safe till baby is in my arms in October.

#7 ·
I'm so over the constant yucky feeling of morning sickness, but I'm hopeful it will go away at 12 weeks like it has before. I had an appt 2 weeks ago and saw the little bean's heartbeat, and I go back on April 8th for my next checkup. I'm not enjoying the daily Lovenox injections, but I'm getting used to just getting it overwith every day. I'm looking forward to finding out if I'm having a boy or girl so I can start getting things ready.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.