Mothering Forum banner

20 Weeks! Check-in.

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  MyLifeWithLittles 
#1 ·
Woo-hoo! So excited to be to the halfway mark (kinda, I tend to go over) but still! These past few days baby has been moving so much and I can feel it often, which is so reassuring. Should only be a matter of time before this little pumpkin kicks hard enough for hubby or kids to feel.

How is everyone else?

#2 ·
I'm 19 weeks. Nausea is gone for the most part...still exhausted though. Feeling more little movements and that is great, but not as much as I remember with some of my other kids. I have my anatomy scan next week and I can't wait to find out the gender and see if the placenta is anterior and making these little kicks less pronounced. My ob has a hard time finding little one's heartbeat too...she ends up finding it off to the side, lol. So I'm really curious about the placenta. I know it's a wiggly little bean bc we can hear it moving around a lot with the doppler :grin: I'm excited to start picking names and buying baby stuff once we find out gender. All in all I'm great (aside from the indigestion, round ligament pain and cramps from stretching, already getting up to pee in the night, and moodiness, hahaha).

#3 ·
We had our 20 week scan yesterday. Baby girl looks great. I do indeed have an anterior placenta, hence the muffled movements. A friend of mine had an anterior placenta for her second baby, and she said she didn't feel big movements until the third trimester, and she could not never tell what position the baby was in. With my first, I could easily identify head, butt, legs, etc. but I'm not sure I'll be able to this time around. Boo. But she's healthy and growing well so that's all that really matters!

#4 ·
I had an anterior placenta with DS and the only way I could tell his position was by where I could feel him hiccuping (sp?). That is how I knew he turned breech. I can't believe it is halfway already...it has gone by so fast. I am glad it is warm and I can wear comfortable skirts now and take a break from my yoga pants uniform.

#5 ·
I am 20 weeks now! I also have an anterior placenta. I can feel movement way low and way high... and then on the sides. I have a long and hot summer here, so the rest of the pregnancy is going to be uncomfortable. :(

#6 ·
I am at 21 weeks with nausea that won't go away. Our slightly late 20 week scan is on Wednesday, and my husband is beyond excited to find out what flavor of human we're having. I'm having trouble believing we're more than halfway through. El Bumpo is an active little thing. S/he seems to think my cervix is a punching bag. I've gotten pretty good at explaining away my sudden, startled expressions. :laugh:

#8 ·
We are doing well over here, too! Had an early scan because of the previa issue (resolved, yay!) and a sub chorionic hemorrhage that was/is growing, and a 2 week trip to Japan I wanted to ensure was safe to take. Baby looked great. Heading back tomorrow to see the heart as the baby was in a bad position. Then all should be good!

Looking forward to meeting her. I'm thinking Sept 27. :) We shall see if I am correct!

#9 ·
Really enjoying the movement here! We are so busy it's just been chaos.

My back is what it is, but feeling very blessed by that. Talked to my midwife and she made the salient point that I could be on bed rest by now. That would be horrible! But I've had this issue since my second baby, and we se here on my fourth and I'm still growing well and everything. She was really thrilled hpthat I can walk around at all. Puts all the chiaro appointments in perspective. And I can feel the baby moving so that's nice

#10 ·
Found out yesterday at 21 weeks that we're having a girl with all the right number of heart chambers, toes, kidneys, etc. :) MIL was over the moon, and we've had lots of positive response from friends fam and coworkers. :)
Starting to decide that some of my 'gas' is actually the bambino.
Still get occasional morning sickness but haven't started in yet with the indigestion, so that's a blessing.

#12 ·
Well I found out my placenta is NOT anterior like I thought. I was really sure...now I'm just thinking we are having a dainty, gentle little princess, lol. We saw her moving like crazy at our sonogram and I can feel her more now, but still not what I remember from my other pregnancies at this stage. I'm sure it'll come, I'm just surprised because her movements feel so delicate.

#13 ·
20 wks here finally. I think I'm about 2 weeks behind most of you. Our scan is on Thursday. We are all very excited to get a peek at this babe. Lots of kicks and not too much nausea hurray!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.