Mothering Forum banner

work out accountability?

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  meeba 
#1 ·
Is anyone up for motivating one another to work out? I have been terrible this pregnancy.... I need some motivation!!!! Maybe a once a week check in? And words of encouragement on other days?

So, I ran/walked 3.5 miles yesterday and did a 25 minute prenatal aerobic dvd today. I am hoping for 5 days a week and then walking every day.

#6 ·
Oh great idea! I am so out of the swing of things. I had to drop my gym membership. And have been awful about walking.

If you want to get your kids into yoga, try out the YouTube Channel 'Cosmic Kids Yoga' It is amazing. My kids are 3 and 5 and they love it.

#7 ·
So it was not as hard as I thought it would be to do a prenatal pilates video with a curious 1-year-old climbing on and around me and my mat. But that is partly because of having a buddy to literally take some of the pressure. Baby happily split our workouts in about half. But I felt seriously great after.
Baby is also warming up to her relatives so I got to go swimming yesterday and it felt great to loosen up and swing around in the water - I could feel the exhaustion lifting as I laid in bed this morning and luxuriated in having finally sore muscles.

#8 ·
I'm so discouraged on the exercise front! I have pubic symphysis dysfunction (pelvic misalignment due to separation of the cartilage at the pubic bone), and I can't find any exercise that doesn't leave me immobilized with pain afterwards! Most yoga is out (can do forward bends, but nothing that opens or scissors the legs or hips). Walking and biking, out. Elliptical, I could barely walk the next day. And finally, swimming, my last option - I was so hopeful - and still severe pain! I still intend to stay in the pool and try to find a way to swim without hurting my pelvis (maybe by forcing myself to use one of those floats you pinch between your knees?). The water feels so good!

Between the pelvis and low back pain, just basic daily living tasks are very painful, and I'm already struggling to get comfortable at night. And it's very frustrating to be finally feeling more energetic, yet unable to work out! Just needed to vent! I wish I could join you mamas in some accountability!

#9 ·
congrats on the 3.5 mile walk/run!
I've tried running a few times but it isn't working out. At first my newly-extra-sensitive nipples got too raw, then bandaids as a cover worked once, but they didn't seem to work out the second time around..
This must be a thing! What do you do to help nipples from getting raw? I tried a glide stick too but it just pre-aggravated them in application.

#10 ·
Glad some ladies are having luck! I didn't do anything else after that post until yesterday. I ran and walked about 2 miles. Hoping to do it again today. I am very small chested and have super tight sports bras and don't seem to have an issue with bouncing and chafing. I would be super bummed out if it hurt my nipple to run. Is your sports bra supportive enough?

#12 ·
Hoping to get/ give some motivation!
Sunday I went on a run, monday-Wednesday I did a work out video, Thursday a little yoga and Friday and Sunday runs!
This week I am driving all over taking and picking up kids from camp so I will see how much I fit in. Tell me yours!

#13 ·
Went for a wonderful hike this weekend with a baby wrapped on my back for half of it. Extra happy about that because it was a simple ruck. The other half I successfully wrapped her onto her daddy. This week looking forward to more walking (especially on our neighborhood's super steep slopes) as well as some yoga and pilates.

#15 ·
This week was not as good....
Sunday- run
monday- video
Tuesday- gym elypticl
wed- friday- easy walk at the zoo waiting for my kids
sat- nothing

I felt so much more tired and cranky this week. Hoping for better next.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.