Mothering Forum banner

The December 2015 Bump Thread

6K views 79 replies 14 participants last post by  stardogs 
#1 ·
A place to share and celebrate bump pictures over these next 9 months.

Remember that Mothering DDCs are public and viewable to non-members.

#3 ·
Last time I took a picture every week for the entire time I was pregnant (nearly 42 weeks) to put in this belly journal I had. Bought the same one again this time, so I've started taking pictures again!

I can't find the adapter for my card right now, but once I do I'll post an early belly shot. I anticipate getting huge fast because I'm already starting to put away some of my clothes...

Can't wait to see the growing bellies!

#4 ·
@Teles last time it took me FOREVER to show. I got so frustrated and stopped my weekly pictures before I even got to 12 weeks. I think I'll take one this week as a "before" picture and then do the next one as soon as I have any changes to note. Hoping I don't have to wait as long, they say you show earlier with the second. ;)

Which book did you have? I just bought The Belly Book and I really like it.

#5 ·
#8 ·
@Teles that's one cute bump you got there mama!

#10 ·
I bought a little iPhone tripod and remote so I can take some cool pictures for this pregnancy. Hopefully it comes tomorrow!

#12 ·
Is that a german shepherd!? my fave breed ever. Also, you're adorable. My boobs are ginormous and so soar all the time. I hate wearing a bra at home and I have to like hold them when i go up and down the stairs because it hurts. SO. BAD. I'll post a photo when I get a little further along.

#13 ·
Aeri is actually a belgian malinois - another shepherd breed, but smaller and more high energy than most GSD. ;)

I can't not wear a bra right now and I even down sized my sleep shirts so that they provide more support at night, too. >.<

#14 ·
I hear they're breeding malinois' with shepherds to get ultimate police dogs because of those qualities

I have never understood how people can go without bras when pregnant. My boobs got way smaller than they had ever been before after I was finished being pregnant and nursing, and have never (and probably never will) gone back to their pre-pregnancy glory, but my nipples are so sensitive right now! While wearing a bra, a tank, and a sweater, if something brushes my nipple it's so intense it makes me physically ill. I can't imagine having a shirt moving around over them without layers of protection.

#15 ·
@Teles -- do you (or anyone else) have a recommendation of a bra that provides a ton of support without a wire, that's not a sports bra? I only have one that fits me right now, and it has an underwire which is a worse discomfort for me than not wearing one at all. I don't know if this is a silly question, but what about a nursing bra? I'm just trying to figure out how I could get the most use for the money because bras are so freakin' expensive. :irked

#16 ·
My local bra shop owner says that nursing bras are totally a legit option for pregnancy! One of my other highly active friends who had been pregnant twice agrees.

If you have an independent shop nearby, it might be worth checking them out to see what they offer - their staff is usually waaaaay more knowledgable than anyone in a big box store or Victoria's Secret ime.

#17 · (Edited)
Ladies I'm starting a bras and boobs thread here ;)

#18 ·
So took my 10 week photo and while *I* can tell that there are some visual changes going on, it's not visible to an outsider, even in my running tights and tanktop. :p I know I'll be huge soon enough, but darn it, there's a bump and no one can tell!

#21 ·
Teles, that's def a baby in there! ;) By the end of the day I do have more of a belly, but I think it's still mostly food/bloat. :p

I'm going to try and grab a 12 week shot tomorrow, we'll see if that shows more or not.

#24 ·
Here are my weeks 6 and 12. It's subtle... only my husband can tell. :)

Attachments

#27 ·
Thanks @stardogs & @RoseNoire! I think I'll do my next one around 16 weeks. Last time this stage was slooooooow. Weekly pics might make me nuts. ;)

Reactions: RoseNoire
#30 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.