Mothering Forum banner

May 18-24th thread

875 views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  stardogs 
#1 ·
We have our first round of week 12 milestones this week and second trimester graduates!

My midwife apt is Thursday night and I'm looking forward to hearing a heart beat. We've got our announcement all ready to send out this weekend. I'm officially 12 weeks on Saturday. Thinking of booking an extra but of childcare and taking hubs out for dinner.

I've also got my second round of job interviews tomorrow and am excited and nervous to find out if I make the cut to take on a trial project.

#2 ·
yay for the second trimester! I've had M/S pretty bad and am looking forward to (hopefully) some relief in the next 3-5 weeks. I can't take much more of this!

@typebug what kind of announcements are you sending out? electronically? cards in the mail? I love birth announcements, but for some reason DH is not into it. I'm hoping I can talk him into it by the 12 week mark.

I'm hoping to put the finishing touches on my masters thesis tonight and send it off tomorrow. It will be such a relief when that is done and turned in. In the mean time, we've started a baby registry which is really fun to think about. :) I decided to use myregistry.com since you can add from any website.

#3 ·
@mamadance84 The first time around I mailed out handmade announcement cards at 12 weeks and once everyone in the family had theirs I did a facebook announcement. This time I'll be doing Paperlesspost for the non-facebook people and then just a facebook announcement for friends. All our inner circle already know and close family already know. And it's a second kid... no one's going to get pissed off about the order they find out they way they do with first babies.

I used to design a lot of birth announcements and it was funny how my DS' birth happened during our packing for an international move and I had to send out email ones because none of my stuff was reachable. This time I'll design something over the months before the due date and cut everything to size, address envelopes and then all I have to do is print and stuff envelopes. ;)

#4 ·
Had my first midwife appt. today! I'm 9 weeks, but measuring 12-14, so she sent me to get a sonogram.
That means I got to see the little heartbeat! No idea why I'm measuring large yet. I have a feeling it is because my uterus is just all stretched out from birthing 5 babies, the youngest just over a year old.
It was reassuring to see that heartbeat and know it was just one. Twins would have risked me out of my birth center birth. Still a little worried about the results of the sonogram. (The tech could only tell me how far along I was and said she couldn't give me any other info.)
Results should be in tomorrow. *waits patiently...*

#5 ·
@typebug -- thanks for the info on the announcements. I think I convinced DH that we could at least take a cute photo to post on FB to tell our friends. I'm fine with that. ;-) I might print one just to have as a souvenir for our fridge. :wink
@jenrjen -- any update from your appt. about measuring large?

AFM, my best friend just had her first babe on Wednesday so we are heading to see her this weekend and I can't WAIT to meet her. She's the cutest little thing I've ever seen!

Reactions: typebug
#6 ·
Just saw my midwife for my 12 wk visit and finally heard the heartbeat with the doppler. 156 bpm and she commented that baby was moving A LOT. She had a good laugh about it. My babies it seems might have a thing or two in common already.

#7 ·
How are all the other mamas starting the 2nd trimester feeling? I believe they are:
@stardogs @kascott @enigmaanjel @TourmalineMama @Teles @miss_nikki @4thtimemama @GrayBA @GwendEmlin

Are you getting more energy back? Feeling less sick? Anyone have 12 wk u/s images they want to show off? Any new challenges?

I just tweaked my round ligament getting up from my desk the other day and was reminded of that world of pain! Other than that I'm feeling way more energy and nausea and food aversions are better.

#8 ·
I'm feeling much better, thankfully! I wasn't sure how I was going to make for a little while there (around 9 weeks it seemed to peak), but thankfully I seem to be on the other side of it now. I was in the middle of that thinking there's no damn way I'm going to have another baby after this... but I'm already feeling less confident about that decision ;)

I could swear I'm feeling flutters. I know that sounds impossible because the baby is less than 3 inches right now, but they're very distinct and happen maybe once/day or two (and are definitely not gas). I felt my daughter at 14-15 weeks and they say you feel them earlier the second time, but this seems awfully early.

I have my very long awaited ultrasound tomorrow morning and I'm looking forward to it, but DH can't be there because we don't have anyone to watch DD, so I'm going it alone. This will probably be the same for the second ultrasound in July (20 week anatomy scan), so we're likely going to be paying out of pocket for one of those 4D, gender guaranteed scans as well. I really like and trust the hospital here when it comes to having babies, but someone really dropped the ball with the ultrasound policy and procedure at that hospital. At my last 20 week ultrasound, the tech berated me and threatened to stop the ultrasound if didn't "stop asking questions". It was one question that was something like "is that the baby's hand or foot".

I've also decided I'm not going to use a midwife after all. I'm riding out my next appointment with her because it's on Friday and she'll have the results of my ultrasound and maternal screening test, but I'm going back to the doctor who delivered DD immediately after that appointment. Without getting into it too much, it's not what I thought it was going to be and it takes 2 hours out of my day to get there and back, whereas the other dr would take 25 minutes total (including walking there and back, and appointment time), and she's guaranteed to be there at the birth (the midwife isn't).

#9 ·
Teles, glad you're feeling better, bummer on having to switch care providers, but I totally get why. Sounds like the doc is a great option!

I had the NT scan and more bloodwork on Wednesday and everything is looking good. I'll attach a picture of the ultrasound - it actually looks like a baby now and not a gummy bear!

I'm feeling fine. Some abdominal fatigue again this week, so I think things are prob shifting a bit again, and I am HUNGRY so I think we must be in a growth spurt or something. Less food aversion, too, and my skin is clearing up! :)

Attachments

Reactions: typebug
#11 ·
@typebug, you left me out, 13 weeks in 3 days! I'll probably survive the heartbreak, though ;)
@Teles, I feel flutters, too! It seems super early, but it's definitely not gas. If you think about it, you feel gas bubbles and I'm pretty sure they aren't 2-3 inches long, so it seems plausible.

Other than that, my skin is clearing up, the nausea is almost completely gone, and I've got some serious organ smooshing going on. I feel like all of my intestines have moved above my belly button and I have a very obvious bump.

#12 ·
@typebug, you left me out, 13 weeks in 3 days! I'll probably survive the heartbreak, though ;)
I guestimated who was 12 weeks based on my due date on the 5th and my 12 week mark yesterday but we're all using different calculators so my logic is flawed! :)

#16 ·
Are they literally flutters? I've been having some very periodic sensations, but not sure if they would be flutters. Feels kind of like a weird muscle tightening or something pushing against a specific spot.

DH asked last night about when he would be able to feel the munchkin moving and was very disappointed to hear it's going to be a few more weeks, but it did make me wonder about these sensations.

#17 ·
The best way I could ever describe early baby movement, before it just feels like someone is punching/elbowing/kicking you from the inside, is the sensation you get when your muscle twitches over and over involuntarily sometimes? Mostly happens around my eye, personally, if you know what I'm talking about.

#18 ·
When I was pregnant last time it felt like one kernel of popcorn popping every now and then in my abdomen. This time it's more like flutters, though sometimes I get this tight sensation in my uterus for a few seconds then it stops. I can't decide if it's super early braxton hicks (14 weeks tomorrow), or if it's the baby doing a somersault.

#19 ·
I feel "knocking" and I know a little leg is going "kick kick kick kick." My first was considered abnormally active and I have no doubt we're going down that road here. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.