Mothering Forum banner

Showing?

884 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  jenrjen 
#1 ·
So I'm only 10 weeks so obviously my one inch baby is not causing my abdomen to expand but I already look pregnant! This is my second baby and I know that relaxin and all those other lovely pregnancy hormones can cause an early expanding waistline but I didn't expect it to be this soon! I haven't put on weight yet though the general bloating doesn't help. I told a friend I was pregnant the other day and she said "Yeah, I figured when I saw your profile." !!!!??? Guess it won't be a secret much longer. Anyone else?

#2 ·
Yeah, I easily look 15-16 weeks already and I'm 12-13 weeks (also my second baby). The baby might be small but your uterus is the size of a grapefruit already, and from what I hear (and experienced) everything lets go as soon as those pregnancy hormones show up.

I wasn't able to keep it a secret from people I see all the time basically as soon as the stick turned pink :)

#3 ·
Same as Teles, I look about a month farther than my 12-13 weeks. I almost enjoy it, though, because with my first I didn't get a bump this big until 5-6 months. I was 7-8 months along before people I didn't know asked if I was pregnant/how far along I was. No one wants to be wrong haha

#4 ·
I really did not expect to show this early either, but then again this is my third baby so I guess I should have known better. I"ll be happy to know how far along I am(for certain) next week at the dating US. Maybe it will make me feel better :wink:

This pregnancy is similar to my previous pregnancy, where I had a flat belly in the AM, but by the evening I have a nice size bump. I think I'm eating a bit too much during the day and by the evening my bloat is out of control!

#5 ·
I wore a sheath dress to work today and was told by more than one person that I am showing and I would have to agree, it's a little past bloating. Only 11.5 weeks so I'm a little surprised, but it's sounds like many of the second time+ mamas started showing now. Not enough for a bump pic yet though :)

#9 ·
I am showing as well. This is my 6th pregnancy and I don't normally show till about 18 weeks. HOWEVER, I managed to get a fibroid with this one. The fibroid is currently the size of the baby, sooooo.... I look like I'm carrying twins. I just gave up on the too tight pants and busted out the maternity clothes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.