Mothering Forum banner

Quickening

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  typebug 
#1 ·
Anyone feeling baby move yet?! I am 14 weeks with #2 and have felt some sensations similar to when I was pregnant last time around but I'm not yet convinced it's not gas. Haha :) Feeling baby move is the best part of pregnancy in my book! I'm so excited for it to begin! Anyone feeling it yet? And how many weeks were you when it began?

#4 ·
I started feeling movement around 14 weeks I'm pretty sure, but it was only really obvious starting around 15.5 weeks. Now at 17 weeks it's a regular occurrence multiple times/day. :)

#6 ·
I felt movement quite early, but not often. Now at 16 weeks it's a daily thing. Funnily, it's never felt like "butterflies" or "gas bubbles" like I remember before, this time my uterus has felt like an old car with a bad knock in it!

Reactions: MsBe
#8 ·
It's very regular now at 18 weeks. I can tell when baby is sleeping and when it's play time. There's a rhythm to the day. I felt things really early this time 13-14 weeks there were some flutters and taps that were definitely not gas and midwife thought that was totally possible with a second baby.

#9 ·
Yeah, I definitely started feeling taps now and then when I was really early along, but now that I'm approaching 19 weeks (tomorrow), it's a regular occurrence. DD was a kicker, but judging from the ultrasound, this little boy is a puncher.

It happens most often between 2 and 4 every day, and whenever I lay down. This is my favorite part of pregnancy :)

#10 ·
I'm 16w2d and haven't felt anything yet. Is this normal? I'm pretty much on the move all day long with my job and errands/chores in the evening, but I try really hard to feel something when I lay down for bed at night. Nothing yet. Also, I have no idea what it's going to feel like, so maybe that has something to do with it?

#11 ·
It's still very early to feel it with a first baby. I bet by 18-20 weeks you'll be feeling something!

#12 ·
What typebug said! I notice movement most after eating, but if I'm busy doing something I won't often notice it unless he gets really jabby. lol The first few feelings definitely could've been easily thought of as just gas bubbles, they were just more consistent than that.

#15 ·
I started to play with my baby a bit tonight. He/she always wakes up when I sing lullabies at bedtime so I included my 2 year old in a little game of poke and kick. :)

Reactions: mamadance84
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.