Mothering Forum banner

Babies of December 2015

6K views 65 replies 15 participants last post by  typebug 
#1 · (Edited)
CELEBRATING THE BABIES OF THE DECEMBER 2015 DDC

November 17th

Mama: TourmalineMama Gender: Boy Weight: 7 lbs 13 oz Height: 21 inches Name: Remy Wolf

November 30th
Mama: stardogs Gender: Boy Weight: 7lbs 1oz Height: 19.75" Name: Owen James

December 4th
Mama: typebug Gender: Boy Weight: 8lbs 3oz Height: 21" Name: Caelen

December 8th
Mama: Coriolus Gender: Girl Weight: 6lb 9oz

December 9th
Mama: beep Gender: Girl Weight: 7lb 3oz Height: 19in Name: Grace

December 11th
Mama: teles Gender: Boy Weight: 9lb 1oz Name: Gabriel

December 14th
Mama: mulberryMom Gender: Girl Weight: 6lb 9oz Name: Emelia

December 22nd
Mama: Hybrid Mama Gender: Girl Weight: 6 lbs 15 oz Name: Elizabeth

December 23rd
Mama: JadePlant Gender: Girl Weight: 7 lbs 10 oz Height: 20.5" Name: Aurelia Grace

December 25th
Mama: element2012 Gender: Boy Weight: 9 lb 4 oz Height: 20 in Name: R

December 26th
Mama: mamadance84 Gender: Girl Weight: 8lbs, 6oz Height: 19.25 in Name: Stella Bird Levine

January 7th
Mama: firmfoot Gender: Boy Weight: 3.335 kg Height: 56cm Name: Marcus

Hello everyone,

When your little one arrives this is where you can tell us the great news and I'll keep adding babies to the roster above. If you aren't comfortable using your baby's real name by all means use initials or a fun nickname. It's nice to share any details you have the energy to type: height, weight, hours you laboured, your birth story, even a picture. Whatever you feel comfortable with. As always you can edit posts on mothering and add details as they come to you.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Hi Mamas.

Well, baby BOY is here! :)

Monday was a funny day. It had been cold and super windy, getting stormier by the hour. In retrospect, I feel like I should have known I'd go into labor that day. At some point, my water had begun slowly leaking, but we wouldn't know that it was my membranes rupturing until I was in active labor hours later. Some time between 10:30 and 10:45 pm I began having contractions. They were mild and manageable but oddly close together and happening frequently. DH decided to track a few to see if a call to the midwives was warranted and they were coming every 3 minutes, lasting 1 minute. Since I didn't get to experience early labor, I think I was in complete denial that we could actually be in labor, but the waves became more intense within minutes.

Our midwife and assistant arrived just after midnight. I agreed to let them check me and I was 3 cms and thinned. The midwife said she could leave and come back if we preferred but that she felt like she should stick around. DH and I had a really amazing rhythm going where I would deal with each surge on all fours in what I would call a variation of cat/cow. It felt really good to sway back and forth and then DH and I would laugh and chat in between. Since things were going so well the midwife and assistant went into the guest bedroom and took a nap. At around 2:30 I began transition and went from being on all fours into the birth tub. The timing is a little fuzzy but I felt like I needed to push and we suspected I had a cervical lip, so I came out of the tub for a bit and labored squatting as long as I could, but the intensity of the surges paired with the pressure on my knees and in my back were more than I could handle for long. I never anticipated giving birth on a bed, but it just felt right and I was able to get into a really great position/rhythm to bring the baby down. The midwife was also able to stretch the lip out over the next 3 or 4 contractions in this position. I began pushing at 4:45am.

At 5:52am, as the sun began to peek through our window, I reached down, caught our baby and pulled this amazing little person into my arms. DH and I were completely silent, just staring at him for what felt like forever. After about 5 minutes, I said "hey! who are you?!" and lifted baby up to reveal (and confirm my suspicion) that we had had a son. Completely surreal.

Welcome, Remy Wolf :joy
Born on November 17th at 38 weeks on the dollar, 7 lbs 13 ozs, 21 inches long and absolute perfection!

The first two photos are on birth day, the last is at a week old!

Looking forward to reading everyone else's birth stories in the coming days and weeks. Positive birthing vibes to you all! <3:x

#4 ·
@TourmalineMama WOW! Congratulations mama! And welcome to the world little Remy. You are as precious as can be.

Reactions: TourmalineMama
#10 ·
Thank you @typebug @element2012 @firmfoot @mamadance84 @Coriolus @hybridmama!

The last 13 days have been amazing. It still feels really crazy that he's here! Sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I do a double take because I forget I'm not pregnant anymore. It's been a challenge moving beyond the sadness of not having him inside me anymore, or rather, accepting that he's not a part of me but his own little person now. :crying: It's just a glimpse into the very amazing, trying and emotional job of parenting, I'm sure. Anyway, thanks for all the congratulations and well wishes. I really can't wait to see all the new little cherubs joining our tribe in the coming weeks!! :grin:

#11 ·
Owen James is here! He arrived yesterday at 7:24a, measuring 7lbs1oz and 19.75" long and with a full head of hair. <3 His entry was a bit dramatic (cord around his neck with decels), but we're both doing well.

Birth Story:
I labored at home from roughly 8a Sunday until 1:30a today when contractions started coming every three minutes and lasting 90 seconds. The ride to the birth center SUUUUCKED (an hour over much bumpier roads than i realized lol) and sitting while contracting is no fun, but we managed and got there around 2:30a. I was checked in at 6cm, 80% effaced or so. Filled up the birth tub and labored there for a while but ended up getting out to move around and have more hands on support from DH and my doula.

I was checked around 5:30a and was fully dialated with just a tiny cervical lip, and they broke my waters (I had been leaking prior but there was apparently a second layer) to get things going as labor had stalled a bit.

Once my water broke we started noticing Owen's heart rate decreasing. Did some coached pushing on the bed and it rebounded so I was able to labor a bit more as I pleased, but contractions were just not picking up. Around 7? or so the decision was made that I either was going to get him out ASAP or need to transfer, likely for a csection. I was terrified but we did it - no transfer needed, though I've got some nice new stitches. :p

Needless to say, it wasn't quite as planned, but with an awesome support team I still got the outcome I wanted and Owen and I are happy to be home snuggled on the couch on this rainy day. <3

Attachments

#13 ·
@stardogs HUGs mama. You did an amazing job. I had the same ultimatum come down in the final stage with my first birth and it was really scary but we did it! What an amazing day for you guys. Congratulations.

#15 · (Edited)
Baby Brother's Arrival, Dec 4th 5:48am at 39 weeks +6 days.

I started timing contractions around 8:30pm last night. They were fairly strong and coming about every 10 minutes. By 11:00pm they had stretched out to every 15 minutes. So I encouraged everyone to get some sleep. I dozed in 15 minute intervals too. At 3am active labour began. Over a half hour period contractions went from every 15 to 8, and then 4 minutes which is when I told hubby to call the friend to pick up DS and call the midwife. Both arrived at 4am. Contractions were 3 then 2 minutes apart and like a speeding freight train in intensity. At transition There was only a few seconds between each one and my whole body shook uncontrollably. I no longer had any control, pushing was involuntary and started very suddenly. The birth tub was ready just in time for me to get in and push. Or rather, get in and surrender. What followed was about 20 minutes of the most intense contractions (think sci fi movie or exorcism) with seconds between them. I yelled, smiled, did everything I could to keep loose and ride the waves and my body just went into spontaneous pushing. Baby was born underwater by the light of the fire in the hearth at 5:48am.

Baby brother is 8lbs, 3oz, 21" with a 13" head. He nursed easily and has continued to nurse every couple of hours and make regular wet and poopy diapers. Pretty amazing for day one! He's really content and spends all his non nursing time asleep. Big brother is elated and wants to help with everything.

I'm a little tender and have a couple of tiny surface 1st degree tears with a stitch in each one. Really minor in terms of healing. I'm very pleased. The after pains are pretty intense. I'm popping Advil and using hot compresses and chugging down cramp bark extract. These cramps should be gone by Monday (fingers crossed).

Attachments

#22 ·
Congratulations, @typebug! Enjoy him, he's beautiful. Can't wait to hear what name you decide for baby brother and glad to hear your older son is so happy and helpful! :love xo!

#25 ·
Congratulations @beep! That must have been super intense!

I had my little girl on Tuesday, December 8th after a 1.5 hour labor, also very intense. My husband was an amazing support and we did it all together, I had her half out of my body by the time the midwife got there. The midwife arrived with just enough time to demonstrate how loving and respectful she was - she didn't take over, she brought the most beautiful energy, I asked her not to touch me or my baby and she said of course. It was everything I had hoped for and so much more. I never could have imagined how healing an experience it would be.

She weighed in at 6lb 9oz, and I am feeling great, not a tear or a scratch! Big brother, however, is PISSED. More on that later.

#26 ·
Congratulations @beep and @Coriolus!!! Amazing news for you both! I wish you lots of healing energy and enjoy this time with your new little ones. Can't wait to see photos if you plan to share. :love

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.