Mothering Forum banner

Where are you from?

1K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  Veritas Vitae 
#1 ·
I'm from New Bedford MA but currently reside in Tampa FL.

#9 ·
Hubby and I (both separately and together) have lived all over. DD was born overseas. But we live in NYC now and are both from Pennsylvania originally.

Considering a move to Jersey next summer (since with the arrival of a new baby we will be bursting at the seams in our apartment), so mearph and JayaSky I'd love to hear more about your towns and what you think of life in NJ!

#15 ·
@mylittlefairiegarden, I'm from Tampa, FL and my twin sister still lives there! I go back often. If you don't mind me asking, what part? I've lived all over Tampa, but we have been in North Carolina for three years.

There is the possibility that we're moving to Nashville in the next couple of weeks/months (eek, totally not prepared), but there is also a good chance we're staying in Charlotte. I can't lie, I'm pretty stressed out about still not knowing if we're moving or not, we've got some stuff set up in Nashville, but DH is interviewing for his dream job with one of his clients, and it is a pretty sure thing he is going to get it, but I just want to know so I can start making plans!

#22 ·
@ Veritas Vitae.... I'm by University mall... I have only lived here for 6 years and we are supposed to be moving to MAine in October but it is looking like we might stay till after the baby is born. I have to find a place to deliver here and I am not happy with any of the hospitals. I'm thinking about going with the midwifes at the new Florida Hospital. I ahve an appt this weekend to see the new birth center there. Right now I am see a homebirth midwife but she took me as a client thinking i was only here till October and she is full for the month of January. The birth centers in the area have risked me out and I can't find another midwfive that we can afford or takes medicaid. Does your sister have children?

#25 ·
I lived over near the University Mall area when we first moved to Tampa, which calculating back, was about 20 years ago?! How is that possible? My sister has four children, from 12 to 3 years old. The first was born at TGH (is that the one on Davis Island), the second was born at a birth center in South Tampa which is now closed, and the last two were born at home with a midwife from Labor of Love. They also have a birth center in Lutz. She was also on medicaid, so if you're interested, I could hook you guys up to chat. She lives in Seminole Heights. I don't know which hospitals in the area are better about natural birth, as most of the people I know had birth center or home births, but my sister may know. She has a lot of parenting friends all around Tampa after four kids worth of play dates and LLL meetings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.