Mothering Forum banner

Gender Predictions?!?

1K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  badwolf092087 
#1 · (Edited)
What is everyone feeling? Big hunch? Slight hunch? No hunch whatsoever? Do you plan to find out early or wait till the big day??

We're finding out early. I'm waaaay too impatient to wait if the answer is available. We already have a girl and I just knew before I even got a positive on the test that she was a girl. With this one I've had the same experience except this time it feels like a boy. So strong is my conviction that I haven't really even considered the possibility of having a girl at all! Mistake? Probably! My family is incredulous and keeps telling me I don't know for sure. It would be funny if I was proved wrong! We're happy as clams with either boy or girl, though.

I did read a study that says that moms with a "feeling" are right about 70% of the time.

#3 ·
I have zero hunches. My first was about, and I knew it. My second is a girl and I called it. Now I'm clueless. My gender ultrasound will be at week 18, and on September 5th we are doing a gender reveal party. Only my baker will know whether this is David or Reagan/Meredith. I'm even being given a shock in front of everyone. It still annoys my husband though. He wants to know so badly.

#4 ·
I'm not sure, but my son thinks it's a girl, and only refers to the baby as "she." He told me, "I VERY like girl babies...but I like boy babies a little bit, too." My husband told me that his mom was SO sure that his younger sibling would be a girl (she had "psychics" confirm it and such), that when she had a boy, she told the hospital they must have made a mistake, that was not her baby.

#6 ·
@Chaika -- your mother in law could totally be me, haha. I'll be shocked if it's a girl but honestly so happy either way that I won't be upset about it! I did read that women that have a gender preference tend to be wrong about their hunches -- the preference muddies their intuition. I truly don't have a preference so that's what makes me think I might be correct!

@BadWolf you didn't ask but my vote is with Meredith -- love that name :) Love David, too. We're considering that as a MN if it's a boy.

#7 ·
I'd really like a girl. But I have no hunch either way. I didn't with my first either. We live in a hippy sort of town so I got a lot of weird looks actually when I was firm about not having any idea whether it was a girl or boy. Everyone around here seems to have had a dream or a vision or something. My hippy senses are obviously defective. (I can make fun because we're a moderately hippish family.) We waited until the birth to find out. I think we'll do the same this time as well. Though I have to be honest that I will be disappointed with another boy. This is our last baby so I would be sad to not have a girl. With another boy I will be outnumbered for life! My mother is sure that it will be a boy just because that's what I don't want. Thanks for being so positive mom. My mother in law is sure that we will have twins- she did have a vision. We barely survived our first baby so I don't think my husband and I could survive two. She better not jinks us!

#8 ·
I'm trying not to admit how much I want a girl, but don't tell anyone! :wink: We're not planning to have any more after this, so I would really really like a girl. My son is 4, and is already talking about playing with his little brother. I'm trying to manage his expectations without showing my bias... not easy. We were going to wait and be surprised the first time around, but when we got in the room for the ultrasound we both changed our minds. I definitely want to know this time around so I can get used to the idea before the time comes, so we'll find out august 20th at the 18-week US.

#9 ·
I want a girl. Feel like a boy. I dunno what it is, maybe wishing for another girl for so long and finally deciding it wouldn't be terrible to have another boy. I think part of it is the disappointment that my first pick girl name feels like it's been axed since we know another little girl with the exact same first and middle name. Ugh.

With my twins, I felt like baby A was a girl and baby B was a boy. I was wrong .... two boys.

With my daughter, I KNEW it was a girl.

We will definitely be finding out. I don't know how people can be surprised? I love being able to call the baby by it's name and bond with it.

#10 ·
Yeah...I feel sort of guilty for having a preference, but I want a girl too, for the same reasons KrisinDenmark mentioned. I think I only want two kids, and I'd like to know what having a daughter is like. I love playing with dolls! Haha.

Reactions: KrisInDenmark
#11 ·
We want another girl, but I'm thinking boy. I may just be subconsciously setting myself up to not be disappointed if it is a boy, but whatever. Either way one of the current kids is going to be over the moon! And we will all adjust quickly to the idea of a she/he. Our ultrasound will be in August. Excited to be able to start really talking names and giving the baby a personality.

#12 ·
At first I was pretty positive this baby would be a boy, I even had two dreams it was, but lately I've been feeling like it is a girl. I have no preference either way. I have one girl now, and she wants a sister, and the idea of having two little girls is delightful, but also, it would be super fun to have both a boy and a girl. My husband is convinced it will be a girl, as my side is 90% girls.
@BadWolf, I also vote Meredith, I think I mentioned in another thread, but that is my name, and I've always loved it.

#13 ·
Had the ultrasound today, all is well, and we are having another boy! I was disappointed for a few seconds, but I'm excited now. We've spent all afternoon playing around with names...

#14 ·
Congrats @KrisInDenmark -- two boys, so fun!! I think you're the first one on the thread to be having a boy but I could be wrong. Most others so far seem to be having girls.

My anatomy scan is on September 8 and we'll find out the gender then. I'm super excited because I'm totally convinced it's a boy but it would be such a fun surprise to have another little girl, too. I truly have no preference so for me the gender reveal thing is so exciting because either way I'll be thrilled.

#15 ·
Congratulations on your next boy, KrisinDenmark!

My anatomy scan is set for 9/4. I'm pretty sure it is a girl at this point, because that's what we have and because the baby is sooooo low, like still behind my pubic bone.

#22 ·
Congrats on the girl @MNBabyDust!!! Nothing better than two sisters! (I say that bc I grew up in a two sister family and loved it so much haha). P.S. your due date is my birthday :)

We find out Tuesday -- I can't wait!! I'm still convinced this one's a boy. I had the same flash of realization this time as I did last time -- before I was even late for my period and before I would have tested positive -- that I was pregnant and it was a boy. First time I thought: I'm pregnant and it's a girl. Lo and behold. Can't wait to see if I'm right or if my womanly intuition isn't as strong as I thought it was :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.