faint positive line on pregnancy test - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-17-2008, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,
I have been feeling all the symptoms that I did when pregnant with my sons- tender breasts, major fatigue, craving strange things...
I decided to take a pregnancy test even though it's only been like 12 days since my period ended. It was immediately negative(with my other sons' pregnancies, it was immediately positive)so I threw it in the trash. I was joking with my husband that I had gotten a positive pregnancy test and he said he would believe it if he saw it. So, messing with him , I told him to go look in the trash. I see him pull it out of the trash, and get a HUGE smile on his face. He is like, It IS positive. I thought he was messing with me now, so he walks it over to me and there is a faint positive line where before, there was none. I had always had such an immediate positive, that I didn't wait and just trashed it. So, has anyone ever had a false positive? I am afraid to be excited! I took it tonight and I know HCG levels are higher in the morning, so I AM going to re-test in the morning. If I AM pregnant, I am also only about 2 weeks along, so my HCG levels probably are not super high. I found out with both of my sons at 5 weeks. Has anyone had a faint positive line? I have so many emotions right now- scared, excited, nervous to be excited, freaked out at the thought of having babies 16 months apart, even though this IS what I was trying for.. AHHH!!!! Anyone have any similar experiences?
#2 of 7 Old 11-17-2008, 11:45 AM

Oh yes, with DS1 I got an immediate + so when I took the test for DS2 I didn't see an immediate line and just left it on the counter top and got dressed. When I came back to the mirror to brush my hair I just happened to glance down and almost crapped my pants. I didn't leave it on the counter because I was going to check it later, I left it there because I was lazy. I totaly thought it was a -. I was so shocked to see that line. Very faint but def a +.

Congrats!!!!!!!!:
#3 of 7 Old 11-17-2008, 01:25 PM

Isn't that what an evap line is. When it evaporates completely, after the "working period" that the box states... it may leave a colored evaporation line, which isn't the same thing as a positive test.

I may be wrong. But that's how I remember it. Anyone?

Kelli, Upstate NY mama, dh FarmBoy, raising 6:, his, mine, and ours.

#4 of 7 Old 11-17-2008, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

I did take an additional one last night, to see if I had waited too long and it was just an evaporation line. I had the same faint positive line. I took another test this morning(these tests can sure break the bank!) and it also had a faint positive line. I called my OB and the nurse says I am probably just too early for it to be a bold line, not as much HCG as if I were further along. I set up my first OB appt, I am STOKED!!!
#5 of 7 Old 11-17-2008, 11:27 PM

I had the exact same thing happen - the line didn't show up immediately, so I threw it in the trash. Went back later (like way after 10 min) and there was a line... so then I spent the night researching evaps for that brand and took another in the morning and it was definitely pos!
Congrats on your new LO!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#6 of 7 Old 11-17-2008, 11:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
congrats! :

And what a funny story to tell you child when s/he is older!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#7 of 7 Old 11-17-2008, 11:56 PM

Congrats!!! :

I did the same thing with my first pg. Threw the test away, took a shower, fished it out of the trash can for some weird reason-- and it was a very faint positive! One of my best memories ever.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page