keep the hope/ give up hope. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-21-2008, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
does anyone else give up hope for that positive test by 10dpo? Up until now every symptom is overanalyzed and I convince myself I'm pregnant and then suddenly I just give up hope and overanalyze every symptom as something other than what it was. It's so frustrating.

I did test today with a crappy brand test that was neg., but what the heck was I expecting. I'm possibly 10dpo, maybe as low as 8dpo. because ovulation day wasn't clear (I didn't temp and strictly went by cervix height and cm).....

just trying to keep the hope!
Sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#2 of 8 Old 11-21-2008, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
{{HUGS}}

Maybe this will help. On average, most embryos do not implant until 9 DPO. You then need 1-4ish days for a sufficient amount of hCG to show up in your urine for it to show a positive on most store brand tests.

With that said, I didn't get a + until 12 DPO with my twins! Yet with my surrogate son, I got a + at 7 DPO. So it really can vary!
#3 of 8 Old 11-21-2008, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

thanks, that does help!

I really need to practice not thinking about it until I'm supposed to see AF.
Sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#4 of 8 Old 11-21-2008, 02:58 PM

Let us know how that patience thing goes...
#5 of 8 Old 11-21-2008, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

totally!, lol. I just went to buy the better preggo tests.

#6 of 8 Old 11-21-2008, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
I didn't get a BFP until CD, um, 42? Which was, oh, 29 days or so after when I thought I ovulated? I'm pretty sure I had my o date wrong that month - a test at 17 days past putative ovulation was negative.

FOr me, it was really important not to test too early. When I did, I felt (yes, this is silly), like those first negative tests doomed all the rest, and I got into this awful rut with believing that no test, ever, would ever be positive for me. After all, the 6 tests I took between 8 and 10 DPO were all negative, why should any other be different? Not thinking about it is hard, but for me, it was the way to go.
#7 of 8 Old 11-21-2008, 07:58 PM

I'm sending you :

Don't give up hope!

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#8 of 8 Old 11-21-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoady View Post
does anyone else give up hope for that positive test by 10dpo? Up until now every symptom is overanalyzed and I convince myself I'm pregnant and then suddenly I just give up hope and overanalyze every symptom as something other than what it was. It's so frustrating.

I did test today with a crappy brand test that was neg., but what the heck was I expecting. I'm possibly 10dpo, maybe as low as 8dpo. because ovulation day wasn't clear (I didn't temp and strictly went by cervix height and cm).....

just trying to keep the hope!
Sarah
Wow, I could have written your post almost to the letter (including the age of my children! DD is 6 and DS is 2.5). I have done the same exact thing--all but given up hope at 11 DPO (I think). At 8 DPO I had a very postive-looking evap line but have had 3 negatives since. It's just really frustrating and I have to remind myself that with my other two children, I didn't even test at all until 13 DPO! Keep hoping. I'm trying the same.

Brackin, mom to DD (10/02), DS (5/06) and DS (12/09) jumpers.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page