No Test Promise Nov/Dec - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 425 Old 12-04-2008, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kelly, I am hopeful for you!

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#62 of 425 Old 12-04-2008, 01:33 AM

can i just say i am so addicted to MDC? especially when TTC, it's way better than TV even.
#63 of 425 Old 12-04-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octobermoon View Post
can i just say i am so addicted to MDC? especially when TTC, it's way better than TV even.
Yes, I always lurk around here, especially in the TWW!

I just want to say, I'm really, really holding back from posting about my possible pg symptoms...because if I post about what I'm feeling, that means they might be symptoms, and if I might have symptoms, that means I could be pg, and then I get my hopes up.

And we don't want that.

Rhiannon (33), writer and grad student. Miscarriages in 5/08, 3/09, and 7/09.  Deliriously happy mom to DD (10 mos), 8 weeks premature and miracle baby.  Remembering her twin brother, lost 5/10 to pulmonary hypoplasia after PPROM (preterm premature rupture of membranes).
#64 of 425 Old 12-04-2008, 10:39 AM

Urg, I'm so frustrated...

I thought I had my period, but it never got bloody, heavy, or red, and stopped after a day.

POAS this morning (well after af was due, maybe I'm stupid for testing when technically I did have bloodyish stuff coming from my vagina), and negative.

So wth?
#65 of 425 Old 12-04-2008, 12:33 PM

Kelly - looking good, good luck!

Mama to my beautiful boys (July 07, Jan 10, May 12)  uc.jpg jumpers.gif

#66 of 425 Old 12-04-2008, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

AFM: Temp rise today AM. We didn't BD yesterday or the day before. It will be a miracle if I catch this egg. I think (HOPE) I may have ovulated earlier in the week but had a slow temp rise. What do yall think?

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#67 of 425 Old 12-04-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannon09 View Post
Yes, I always lurk around here, especially in the TWW!

I just want to say, I'm really, really holding back from posting about my possible pg symptoms...because if I post about what I'm feeling, that means they might be symptoms, and if I might have symptoms, that means I could be pg, and then I get my hopes up.

And we don't want that.
i'm glad we're not alone!

i was just thinking the very same thing about the possible symptoms last night.

how come ff didn't give you DPO???

MrsTC
hang on!!! hang on!!!!

kali the temps are looking good. you never know, i was browsing preg charts last night on FF (my new hobby ) and i saw charts where the temp rise wasn't significant till about 7 DPO, there is still hope!!!

kelly one more day!!!! you can do it!!!

ladies... you all ROCK!
#68 of 425 Old 12-04-2008, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Octobermoon – I am addicted to MDC too Work is so slow and it’s all I do all day

Rhiannon – Your chart is looking good!!

MrsTC – I hope that was not AF making an appearance and you get a BFP.

Kali – looks like you could have O’d on CD 17 and have a stair step rise. If that is the case you BD O-1 and O-2

Musiclady – I am one of those that buys 10 hpt at a time. I only have 1 digital in the house and 1 FRER from last cycle that I just found. I am staying strong though . It’s only 4dpo but I have no urge to poas. Congrats on the pregnancy.

Stay strong ladies!!! Resist.the.urge.
#69 of 425 Old 12-04-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
sky_and_lavender.....BTW i like your user-name
Thank you, octobermoon, for the babydust and the compliment! I have such a hard time coming up with usernames. I think I was trying to evoke a sense of expansiveness and natural comfort with this one. I have to say that I love the idea of "octobermoon"--I love looking up in the sky in October, especially when there's a harvest moon. So right back at you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court View Post
Make a candy tree!
Or enchanting ice vases? - a little more involved but totally do-able.
Court,
I like the candy topiary idea! It is definitely more my style, but I'm fairly certain our cat would eat it! He'll eat anything when we're not home! Maybe I can make it and gift it to someone, manifest the real holiday spirit that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court View Post
Alright I'm 3dpo and totally calm, next week will be a different story. I finally drank enough water this time around and it made a huge difference in my cervical mucous, so I'm feeling really good about this cycle.
Strength, sister! And thank you for mentioning the water issue. I've adjusted my routine this cycle (month 3 of trying), but I think your suggestion (which I've attended to with lots of warm herbal tea) has a lot to do with the copious quantity of EWCM (not sticky at all!) I'm getting this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymonster View Post
I think it is quite telling that I just read that as "urinate in fertility"

Tres amusing, babymonster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyTTC#1 View Post
I'm still holding strong with not testing... I hope my temp is still up tomorrow morning. I hope to dream of BFPs tonight.
Right on, Kelly!

And music, I want to second KellyTTC#1's congratulations on reaching the second trimester! I think this calls for some kind of announcement:
:roll "And now presenting... a woman who has crossed another milestone within the milestone of pregnancy! A woman who now marches to the beat of two hearts, hers and that of her future child! A woman... named music!" We now honor and to the mother you are becoming!

As for my update, I'm having a huge amount of pain with (attempted?) ovulation. This is the second month ever I've had significant ovulation pain (beyond a little mittelshmertz once in a while). The holidays have made timing xes a little difficult, but I think I may not have o'd yet. If this cycle continues to be odd, I'm rushing off to the Traditional Chinese Medicine woman. I feel like something's up that I need to address.

Mama to a bilingual (Arabic/English) and cuddly 3 year old, and planning another peaceful homebirth in June.

#70 of 425 Old 12-04-2008, 09:09 PM

Thanks for all of the positive vibes.
I've waited and if my temp is still up in the morning I will poas. I'm nervous... I've been waiting for AF to arrive for the past 2 days...

Rhiannon: your chart is looking good.

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#71 of 425 Old 12-04-2008, 11:39 PM

Hi ladies. It seems ff has moved my o date from the 20th to the 24th. My new and I believe correct O date is December 1. I won't test until Dec. 15th.

Shanese mom of 2ds
#72 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Thanks for all of the positive vibes.
I've waited and if my temp is still up in the morning I will poas. I'm nervous... I've been waiting for AF to arrive for the past 2 days...
your chart does look promising!! :
#73 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 01:47 AM

Quote:
your chart does look promising!! :
I have my : for you, too, KellyTTC#1! I hope you sleep well and then wake up to a BFP. But if not, no worries. There's always the next day or the next month (or tomorrow night, in the case of bad sleep)!

Mama to a bilingual (Arabic/English) and cuddly 3 year old, and planning another peaceful homebirth in June.

#74 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 08:33 AM

Sometimes I think it's easier to wait another day instead of having all the pressure for the stick to perform...if you're pg, you're pg, and peeing on a stick won't change it.

But if you're late and you want to, GO, GIRL!!!!

Two lines, two lines, two lines...
#75 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 10:51 AM

I've been lurking and finally decided to post.

I am 16 DPO and my period is due to come today. I am going to wait until Tuesday to buy a test. Unless I go absolutely crazy, I should be okay because we live out in the country and have no other reasons to go to town....as of yet.

I haven't really had any pregnancy symptoms other than a headache here and there and a backache..... are those even early symptoms? I remember that when I was just preggers with DD my nips were sore because I was still breastfeeding DS. I don't have any of that soreness this time.

If I am pregnant, this babe will be a happy surprise but a few months earlier than DH and I had planned. I was really upset at first which is totally uncharacteristic of me. Now I am completely fine with it so I am afraid that if I am not pregnant, I will be extremely sad.

So here's to what is meant to be....

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#76 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTC View Post
Sometimes I think it's easier to wait another day instead of having all the pressure for the stick to perform...if you're pg, you're pg, and peeing on a stick won't change it.

But if you're late and you want to, GO, GIRL!!!!

Two lines, two lines, two lines...

I should have read this before I took the test because it was under pressure and did not perform.

My temp is still above the coverline but 0.1 degrees C lower than yesterday... so I assume AF is on the way.

I'm disappointed... so I'm doing chocolate therapy for breakfast... hopefully that will cheer me up

#77 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:

My temp is still above the coverline but 0.1 degrees C lower than yesterday... so I assume AF is on the way.

I'm disappointed... so I'm doing chocolate therapy for breakfast... hopefully that will cheer me up
It's not over 'till it's over (how long is your LP usually?), but I understand feeling disappointed for now. Take good care of yourself!

#78 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_and_lavender View Post
It's not over 'till it's over (how long is your LP usually?), but I understand feeling disappointed for now. Take good care of yourself!
Thanks for the hug. For the past 6 months my LP been 12 or 13 days. Before then it ranged from 13 or 14 days... so it's not completely out of the ordinary for me to be 14 dpo... I guess it's just a waiting game now... no more testing for me...

#79 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the hug. For the past 6 months my LP been 12 or 13 days. Before then it ranged from 13 or 14 days... so it's not completely out of the ordinary for me to be 14 dpo... I guess it's just a waiting game now... no more testing for me...
Aw, I hate it when, after the BFN you still have to wait for your period, with that strand of possibility (hope against hope) gnawing at you. Not a fun time for the baby-crazed. But I'll hold out hope for a big surprise for you!

Quote:
(From adoremybabe) I've been lurking and finally decided to post.

I am 16 DPO and my period is due to come today. I am going to wait until Tuesday to buy a test. Unless I go absolutely crazy, I should be okay because we live out in the country and have no other reasons to go to town....as of yet.
Welcome, adoremybabe! I'm glad you're staying patient and not testing, but I wish you the best possible results when you do test. Also, I appreciate your dread of feeling disappointed if you're not pregnant. But your ending quote:
Quote:
says it all! You're in my thoughts!

I think I ovulated on December 3rd. If that's true, I'm two days into my TWW! This month doesn't look too promising. Our procreating activities on that day took place only a few hours after another activity (ahem!) that likely reduced my man's fertility potential, and holiday craziness combined with end-of-semester craziness didn't favor love making any other day. I'm feeling some post-ovulation blues (a monthly thing for me--a hormonal issue, not a TTC issue), but I'll feel better soon. The good thing is that, if we weren't successful this month, our schedule for next month's likely ovulation time is better.

#80 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I should have read this before I took the test because it was under pressure and did not perform.

Lots of HUGS for you. I hope AF stays well away!!! Eat that chocolate up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoremybabe View Post
I've been lurking and finally decided to post.

I hope you get a good result! Welcome!

AFM: My temp was barely up this morning, but it was, so I guess I ovulated, though FF won't give me crosshairs until tomorrow I'm thinking. BD'd last night just in case because I'm still getting a bit of CM... this cycle is different that the last one, not as easy to follow.

#81 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 01:52 PM

Add please me to the list I'm currently 6 DPO, I will be testing at 12 DPO (Dec. 11).

Thanks

to Dale, : to Ronan (2-22-06) and Nessa (8-6-09), Monkey to 4 :, and geek to everyone else.
12/07 & 7/08
#82 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 05:18 PM

Aww...Kelly That SUCKS.

Waiting sucks. Waiting with or without that stupid stick that too often doesn't tell us good things.

Stupid sticks. At least we pee all over them, does that give you any satisfaction? They live to be peed on, not to be, like, dipped in dark chocolate or something luxurious like that.

I had scant brown spotting yesterday, not even enough for a pad, and just a brown streak here and there today...still no heavy or even moderate flow or red blood. Testing again tomorrow morning so I will have a reason not to imbibe when dh and I go out for my birthday. If I get another negative test, I'm going to try not to worry about it or obsess about it until I have pg symptoms or miss another period.

My friends tell me I'm pg, and it's implantation bleeding, that I ovulated later than I thought I did...but if that's the case, the sperm that met my egg is one hell of a long-lived sperm, like 6 or 7 days...and that means my CM is better than I gave it credit for. Guess we'll see!
#83 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Stupid sticks. At least we pee all over them, does that give you any satisfaction? They live to be peed on, not to be, like, dipped in dark chocolate or something luxurious like that.
laughup I don't know about anyone else, but this made me feel better!

to Dale, : to Ronan (2-22-06) and Nessa (8-6-09), Monkey to 4 :, and geek to everyone else.
12/07 & 7/08
#84 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_and_lavender View Post
Court,
I like the candy topiary idea! It is definitely more my style, but I'm fairly certain our cat would eat it! He'll eat anything when we're not home! Maybe I can make it and gift it to someone, manifest the real holiday spirit that way.

Strength, sister! And thank you for mentioning the water issue. I've adjusted my routine this cycle (month 3 of trying), but I think your suggestion (which I've attended to with lots of warm herbal tea) has a lot to do with the copious quantity of EWCM (not sticky at all!) I'm getting this month.
I'm totally making the candy tree next week (on one of my rough days). It hadn't occurred to me that creatures or perhaps children would eat it, but that's almost a certainty around here. I have 2 labs and a cat, I'm sure it will at least get licked a bit.

I'm so glad the hydration worked for your cm too. I like the herbal tea idea. I was filling up a giant jug with water to measure my intake, but filling a jug up with herbal tea sounds much better!

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#85 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

MrsTC, Hmmmm that eiter sounds like you are pregnant or had an annovulatory cycle?

I'm confused. I thought my temps were shifting, but they are barely higher. Plus today I had EWCM I think. I did the water test in case it was semen in there from last night, but it balled up. Doesn't that mean it's CM?

And my cervix is High, Soft, and pretty open, more so that at any time I've observed this cycle.

Do I have yet to ovulate??

#86 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:

Good luck, MrsTC!

Quote:
Rhiannon: your chart is looking good.
It was, wasn't it? : But I think AF is on her way. My temp went down this morning...but more than that, my boobs don't hurt much anymore, and that was the biggest symptom I was having. I never get sore boobs, so that seemed big. I'll guess know either way in just a couple days.

Rhiannon (33), writer and grad student. Miscarriages in 5/08, 3/09, and 7/09.  Deliriously happy mom to DD (10 mos), 8 weeks premature and miracle baby.  Remembering her twin brother, lost 5/10 to pulmonary hypoplasia after PPROM (preterm premature rupture of membranes).
#87 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliShanti View Post
MrsTC

Do I have yet to ovulate??
Kali Shanti: I think you O'd on Day 17, based on your temp rise (maybe it's just a slow rise?), your CM, and the OPK. (That's without accounting for your cervix--I don't know about that stuff yet.)

On second thought, maybe your body tried it on the 17th, but it didn't work out, so now it's giving it another go?

Quote:
how come ff didn't give you DPO???
Octobermoon: I think you have to have a paid account for that? If non-pgness continues, I might just get a paid account because having to count the number of squares over all the time is annoying!

#88 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 06:51 PM

Rhiannon09 - That's a pretty little temp dip, not even anywhere near coverline, so I definitely wouldn't count yourself out yet!

12/07 & 7/08
#89 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRose View Post
Rhiannon09 - That's a pretty little temp dip, not even anywhere near coverline, so I definitely wouldn't count yourself out yet! s:
GhostRose, I hope you're right...but that temp might be wrong. The first time I took it this morning, it said 97.1. I was so incredulous that I took my temp again right away, and it came out at 97.4 I don't know which is right, so I recorded the one that made me less depressed. Then my breasts stopped hurting, this afternoon, so I'm thinking 97.1 might be right after all.

But, I hope you're right.

#90 of 425 Old 12-05-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliShanti View Post
MrsTC, Hmmmm that eiter sounds like you are pregnant or had an annovulatory cycle?
I should google annovulatory cycle, I guess...I had symptoms like I have every other month that I ovulated, I'm pretty sure I did. But even if I didn't, wouldn't my body shed the unused blood anyway? Why would only a little brown mucousy stuff come out, where did the blood go?

Really, seriously, talk me out of this, I don't want to poas for another negative without another reason for what has happened.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page