Coming off the Nuva Ring... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-07-2008, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I stopped using my Nuva Ring last Monday, mid cycle, and yesterday I started bleeding. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I hope I didn't mess things up by removing it mid cycle, I was just hoping that would make ovulation return quicker.

Kenzie & Jesse (WA 8-14-2009) : Kimmy (BD 3-5-00) & Josh (BD 7-28-05) :::
#2 of 3 Old 12-07-2008, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Back in the day when I was on the Nuva Ring (in 2007 before we started TTC) when you take it out, it kind of forces you into a period. I would count this as your period although it will probably be lighter than a normal period since you were mid cycle. I did this once years ago in order to manipulate my cycle so I would not be on my period for my wedding. My dr actually told me to do it, so I took it out half way through the cycle then, put a new one in after I had my period. You might not ovulate ths cycle since its going to be a wonky cycle, but hopefully your cycle will regulate itself again soon. Good Luck TTC!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#3 of 3 Old 12-07-2008, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
If you were on the Nuvaring, it's not really "mid-cycle" so much as "mid-month." You know what I mean? Your withdrawal-induced "period" might be different than usual, but I don't think it'll make much difference in the long-run. After I stopped Nuvaring (albeit after having the ring in for 3 weeks), my cycles went back to usual right away. I hope you have the same luck!

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page