BD 5 days prior to Ovulation... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-12-2008, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

Has anyone here ever conceived with BD 4 or 5 days prior to ovulation? I know that sperm can survive up to 7 days, but I think the statistics say average is really 2-3 days. We only ended up getting one BD session in prior to O (5 days to be exact) and I am wondering how low our chances are for conceiving this cycle?? Of course, it's my first ovulation following my recent miscarriage, so maybe that lowers my chances as well... I don't know.

Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2008, 08:06 PM

The chances are much lower, but not impossible or improbable. Were you very far along last time? I think that makes a difference.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:58 PM

So sorry to hear about your loss....

In answering your question....YES, it is possible as I have a 2 year old to show for it. We DTD on day 7 or 8 of my cycle (we were not trying). I'll spare you the details, but we are positive of the dates and flew to separate states the day after, so no chance of it being any later. I am guessing that I likely ovulated early, but even so, I guess they had a lot of staying power!

Best wishes...
Tracy

2 Rainbow babes, PPH/Hysterectomy survivor!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:24 PM

I am pregnant from 5 days before right now! It can happen. Goodluck to you and sorry about your loss. s
Old 12-13-2008, 01:39 AM

I have an 8 year old from three days before. I despaired... of getting pregnant on that Clomid cycle. My husband quit his end of things, 3 days before ovulation. I thought there was no way, one time that month.

It just takes one.

Kelli, Upstate NY mama, dh FarmBoy, raising 6:, his, mine, and ours.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:13 PM

I am pg with a surprise baby after dtd only once on day 7 of my cycle. I am certain I didn't ovulate before day 12 but normally don't until day 15 or so. I must have ov'd early that cycle but even so, I was very very surprised.

Good luck!

~ Mum to ds1 , dd : and ds2
Old 12-15-2008, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Spring Sun
The chances are much lower, but not impossible or improbable. Were you very far along last time? I think that makes a difference
I was 9 weeks along when I miscarried... do you know how that would affect anything?

Quote:
So sorry to hear about your loss....
In answering your question....YES, it is possible as I have a 2 year old to show for it. We DTD on day 7 or 8 of my cycle (we were not trying). I'll spare you the details, but we are positive of the dates and flew to separate states the day after, so no chance of it being any later. I am guessing that I likely ovulated early, but even so, I guess they had a lot of staying power!
Thank you! that does give me hope!!

Quote:
iluvbnamomma
I am pregnant from 5 days before right now! It can happen. Goodluck to you and sorry about your loss.
Congrats on your pregnancy!! I know it can happen and I know that I had some fertile CM - it's great to hear that there are others that have conceived this far out.

Quote:
I have an 8 year old from three days before. I despaired... of getting pregnant on that Clomid cycle. My husband quit his end of things, 3 days before ovulation. I thought there was no way, one time that month.

It just takes one.
One is all I need!! My DH and I did DTD the day before O, but he pulled out. I was like why did you do that? He thought he might go for #2 and didn't want it all messy. He ended up not finishing #2. Anyways, I guess a few little guys could have been released in between right? You never know I guess. LOL!

Quote:
mamamax
I am pg with a surprise baby after dtd only once on day 7 of my cycle. I am certain I didn't ovulate before day 12 but normally don't until day 15 or so. I must have ov'd early that cycle but even so, I was very very surprised.
Congrats on your baby!! It sounds like they lived at least 5 days maybe more -

You all give me hope that maybe just maybe there is a chance. It's funny because I keep thinking that we might have conceived again, but then I keep thinking maybe I am just wanting it so badly and getting my hopes up. I thought this the cycle we conceived before though, so I guess you just never know. I didn't get any real pregnancy symptoms until after I had already confirmed I was pregnant, so I know I can't rely upon any of those early on. LOL! Thanks again!

User Tag List