December 2ww!! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 511 Old 12-17-2003, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, so sorry Amy and Christine! Bummer about af and the bfn .

Katie, I am no chart reader, but this all sounds really, really good! If you test at 11-12 dpo, you'll have a couple of days to wait until Christmas to tell your dh, will you be able to do it? I don't think I would!

I'm now thinking that Christmas I will be 12dpo, should I test then? It sure would be a great present for dh! But I will be bummed and not trust a bfn unless af shows, argh. OK, I shouldn't be thinking these things, just cruise along, keep breathing, its only 4dpo for pete's sake!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#242 of 511 Old 12-17-2003, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hi, joining you ladies for the longest part of the cycle....the waiting. Im cd22, and think that Im about dpo 3. Ihave a cycle length of about 33days. Im hoping to test on xmas eve with a bfp so that I can put the test in dh's stocking!!!!!

Heather , momma to ' Parker- 10, Carlee- 7 and our baby Genevieve Faith - 8-27-10

#243 of 511 Old 12-17-2003, 08:20 PM

Parker'smommy - Welcome to the Wait!!!

Thanks, ladies, for all the well-wishes. I am getting nervous. I think I may have built myself up waaaaay too much, and if AF shows, I will have to be put in a padded room. :LOL Okay, maybe not, but I will be seriously bummed out.

Ctdoula - I am so sorry AF showed!

Adventuregirl - I don't know how I would be able to keep it all inside, and not tell dh... he already thinks I am pregnant because I have been a little irrational for the past 2 days. I yelled at him for like 10 minutes today because he didn't put Lucy in pigtails and her hair was a little messy when I met them for lunch. I finally came to my senses whn he silently pulled out a brush and 2 rubberbands and put her hair up. : Oops.
#244 of 511 Old 12-17-2003, 08:31 PM

:LOL :LOL :LOL

I'm pretty sure you're pregnant too, Katie!

:LOL :LOL :LOL

-Sheryl

#245 of 511 Old 12-18-2003, 12:43 AM

: ooh, fun new smilies!

well, i haven't been responding much but i think i've read most of the new posts. sorry to those that found.

i checked out all the charts that you all have linked to and they look GREAT!!!! i can't remember who all shared right now, but i think i saw 2-3 that all looked fantastic! woohoo, we're going to have some very happy stockings!!!

and of course as for me, still in limbo....too bad there isn't a new limbo smilie....that would be cool....
#246 of 511 Old 12-18-2003, 01:20 AM

limbo smilie

At least for me
#247 of 511 Old 12-18-2003, 10:55 AM

so true.....
#248 of 511 Old 12-18-2003, 11:31 AM

Well, I made it through yesterday with no visit from the dreaded lady. Only a tiny, tiny bit of spotting, which got my hopes up that it was implantation. Today, however, temps down some and a BFN with a FRER. I want to say that on the plus side my LP is longer than it's ever been, but right now I can't focus on that. It may be too soon for negative feelings, but I'm feeling like this:

I know AF is on her way. (I feel like the boy who cried wolf because I said the same thing 5 days ago, but I mean it this time!!) Seeing my temps go up, up, up after going down past my coverline got me so excited. I tried so hard not to get my hopes up, but now, well...

ctdoula, so sorry it's not your month

everyone else needs to update their charts. What's going on?
#249 of 511 Old 12-18-2003, 04:29 PM

#250 of 511 Old 12-18-2003, 04:37 PM

CD 31, 12 DPO

Still Spotting, Temp still up. Cold still here.

I need to get my act together to get ready to leave on Sunday. EEK!

my chart

Coleslaw
#251 of 511 Old 12-18-2003, 06:17 PM

Christine, somehow I missed your post. So sorry this wasn't your month!

Katie!!! What a GREAT looking chart! How long is your LP again?

gonnabeamom, It's so hard to say since your temps may be skewed from your cold, but they are still up and no full-fledged AF, so in my book, all is well!!! Are you testing soon? Good luck getting ready for Sunday.

I think AF is here. After I posted this morning, I noticed some more spotting. I was hoping that it would only be spotting, but now I have major cramping and more is coming out. I took a nap with dd and my dream was me at a memorial mass with my dead uncle there. At a random points in the ceremony, we all had to switch seats with each other. I was very confused in the dream. When I woke up, I was cramping and AF was coming harder. Weird!! And so was this cycle!! I am releived it's over so I can stop thinking about it, but not relieved of the outcome.
#252 of 511 Old 12-18-2003, 07:41 PM

So sorry, Keri.

gonnabe, things look really good for you, I hope your cold isn't getting in the way.

Sure is quiet over here today, I'm at 5dpo and had what appeared to be ewcm today. This happened last cycle at 5dpo as well, so I'm not terribly encouraged. I read somewhere that having ew after you thought you O'd may mean that your cycle is anovulatory. Not sure if I got it quite right, but discouraging nonetheless. I also didn't have a whole lot of ew during my "fertile" time anyway, just like last month. Could be that my body hasn't bounced back from the m/c yet. Could be that I'm an obsessed ttc freak that over analyzes every single little thing too.

-Sheryl

#253 of 511 Old 12-19-2003, 02:22 AM

HI THERE MAMAS!!!!!

It seems that I took a little break from posting here huh? Totally unintentional.....been VERY busy! Everytime I would read to catch up I wouldn't have time to post.

I've missed everyone!!!!

for those whom AF found

And for the bfp's

As for me time just flew right by this month.I left here pre o and I'm coming back 2dpo (or so I suspect )

Funny thing is that after I attended a birth last week (I'm a doula in training) I had this sudden feeling of fulfillment.DH and I definately want more babys but I experienced this strange need to wait a bit longer. So needless to say we won't be ttc anymore after this month until who knows when It wasn't seeing the birth or anything because usually it has the OPPOSITE effect on me iykwim? Just something I can't explain...

Technically we weren't ttc this month either but we happened to bd on just the right day I was thinking that I'd be ok since my cycles are so wacky still after only having 2 ppaf's but lo and behold ------bd in the am and O pains that pm.So we shall see.

I will be hanging around though.These aren't the kind of bonds that I like to break

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#254 of 511 Old 12-19-2003, 09:55 AM

I am out for sure...AF came yesterday afternoon. I'm off to pre-o, but will be checking to see how everyone did! GOOD LUCK!!!
#255 of 511 Old 12-19-2003, 10:10 AM

So I'm sitting here 3dpo, our first cycle of ttc#2. Looking at my FF chart, staring at the words "3dpo" and "if you conceived this cycle your due date will be 9/7/04" and thinking "HOLY COW!!!! I COULD BE PREGNANT!!!" Sorry the realization that we could have actually mad another baby is a bit overwhelming, especially when I just had another sleepless night with DS. Who still doesn't sleep through the night or even most of the night. *sigh*

Anyway...I know our chances are fairly slim since DH was underway on his ship til I had creamy cm, but I also know the chance does exist. Very cool yet very scary at the same time!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#256 of 511 Old 12-19-2003, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
preggo mama jumping in real quick~~~~
adventuregirl-
i read your latest post and i have to say that having EWM twice is totally normal! even in TCOYF she says it is normal to have EW usually 7-10 days after O. i get this and it always confused the hell outta me when i was TTC.
the month i got preggo, i had the TINIEST bit of EWM found at my cervix the day i Od and that was it..i was sure i wasnt going to be pregnant. then at 7 DPO copious amounts of it! i was totally bummed thinking i messed up on O day and i was that i couldnt be preggo because of it...and i was pregnant. its normal to do this pregnant or not pregnant, its a second rise in estrogen. if you ever use those fern moniter things you will see more ferns coinsiding with the second EWM, totally normal!
hope that helps and hoping you ARE pregnant!

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#257 of 511 Old 12-19-2003, 03:21 PM

Hey all I'm

DH and I got up near the same time, and since my temp was staying up, he suggested I test.

So here I am 14 DPO, swollen breast with dark nipples, CD 32, and BFN. For background my LP is usually 9-10 days, and was 12 days last month which was a cause for major celebration. I'm spotting but always in the morning and not later in the day

I used an Answer test which is supposed to be highly sensitive. The drugstore was out of 2 packs of FRERs and I just think buying one pregancy test is like buying one oar.

Somebody mentionned having done some research on late implantation. If anyone can point me toward something like that I'd be grateful.
#258 of 511 Old 12-19-2003, 04:27 PM

gonnabeamom, I did some research on late implantation. Just google searched that phrase. It seems like it is common enough, and it does impeed getting a bfp! You can definitely implant on 10dpo (and baby will be fine -- any later, tho, and there may be risks of early m/c -- but there's only been one study that showed that, which is scientifically still unproven).

There's also urine dilution and the like... that is why I think TCoYF may suggest testing @18dpo.

So, there's still hope! Try testing in 4 days (even waiting 2 days could give you a + as the hormone doubles every two days). Or wait longer (if you can -- Good luck!)

You can and will be pregnant, you can and will have a baby!

HTH
#259 of 511 Old 12-19-2003, 04:37 PM

Gonnabeamom- Sorry you saw a BFN. I say wait two days and test with a FRER.

As for me...I'm weak. Weak. I promised myself I would NOT use my last FRER until Saturday, and I POAS this morning. : It was a BFN. I am not despairing, though...my temp is still up in the triphasic zone, and I am only 11 DPO at most. (BTW, Keri, my LP is 16-17 days.)

Dh is buying me more FRERs today, and he is hiding them until Sunday.

He thinks I have totally lost it. After I POAS today, I made him look at the test in the sunlight cause I thought I saw a faint lil something...he didn't see it. He gave it back to me and diplomatically said, "I think it's too early, sweetie."

Then he found me in the bathroom taking apart the test... He was like, "Oh, honey...!" :LOL
#260 of 511 Old 12-19-2003, 07:16 PM

Thanks Liz, you made me feel better! I get sucked in pretty easily to this obsessing thing.....

gonnabe, but the long lp is really good! I hope your next test is !

milky, good to see you, I was wondering where you went!

Katie, :LOL you're silly! No, really, I may be doing the exact same things next week! Hang in there, girl, your BFP is just waiting for Christmas!

Well, I'm 6dpo, this is taking forever! I'm not being a freak today, just hoping there is a little fertilized egg in there, finding the perfect spot to implant for the next 37 weeks!

I must admit that holiday partying and abstaining from the drink is a little tough for me, I likes me some beverages. But I have one party to go (with the hostess being pg) and then another on Christmas day, when I think I will test (will be 12 dpo). If bfp, I will be thrilled to not drink (funny how that works) but if bfn, I'll just stick with this plan until af shows or testing again. Either way, I can save myself for New Years or, umm, Halloween?

-Sheryl

#261 of 511 Old 12-20-2003, 12:10 AM

Hi, I'm new to this particular board (I hang out in diapering) but I have to tell someone cuz this is killing me.

I will be 14 dpo (when I should get af) on Christmas eve and I so hope I am pregnant. I don't feel preg (gee what a surprise) and it's really unlikely since we did the bd 4 days before I ovulated, but I live in hope.

I can't discuss this with my dh since he's pretty freaked out about having another kid. He finally agreed to try (once) but he's terrified about the whole thing. Anyway, I'd rather just say yes or no to him, rather than have two weeks of me obsessing. So I obsess privately (and now here! ).

Anyway, I am another waiting with fingers crossed. Good luck all around.
#262 of 511 Old 12-20-2003, 12:17 AM

Welcome Lise!!
I probably shouldn't be the first to welcome you as I am currently in Pre-O, but as of Saturday I will be here
The reason I took the opportunity is that I noticed you are from Toronto, I am from the Milton area (west of TO) and also from the pre-o group, Alexis is from Toronto and Hevasoul who is on vacation right now is from Kitchener.
It's safe to say nobody around here will fault you for obsessing:LOL so hang out and enjoy!
#263 of 511 Old 12-20-2003, 04:21 AM

I am reading everyone's posts with interest and rooting you on!!
I am on dpo11 and I can hardly stand it, this is my first month ttc.
Of course, I had to test yesterday, since I couldn't stand the suspense, and it was bpn.
BUT, thought maybe I tested too early with an EPT which I understand is not that sensitive??
Do you think 12dpo is still too early on a 28 day cycle?
Welcome to TOmomma also.
Adventure girl, I hear you on the abstaining from drink~if its because of pg, that is no problem!

Thanks to liz-hippymom for helping me understand the EWM after ovulation. I was also wondering if this was normal.
#264 of 511 Old 12-20-2003, 05:25 AM

Hey TOmomma!

As Shannon pointed out, I'm in TO, too. We're ttc #1 and have only been living in TO since June... I LOVE it here! (We moved here from California last year, but lived in Mississauga for a year). I'm totally a city grrl...

My gosh, I can't believe all the Ontarians around here right now! I hope we all get pregnant right away and can keep hangin' out here in the pregnancy board together!

I'm CD 7 today... waiting for O -- might be awhile, I think...

all around! And light and joy to all us (happy hanukah and Shabbat Shalom!)
#265 of 511 Old 12-20-2003, 01:26 PM

Lise and Velveteen!

I have a feeling everyone is really busy with the holidays. Hope all are happy, fun and full of BFPs!!!!!!

Nothin new here, getting ready for a trip home on Tuesday. DH is finally off for two weeks of vacation, yahooo!!! Going skiing.

Later Taters,

-Sheryl

#266 of 511 Old 12-20-2003, 05:24 PM

Adventuregirl- :LOL :LOL I likes me some drinks, too! I'm not a big drinker - but I do like a glass of wine or a beer with dinner or with friends. It's hard to not to have a glass - esp. around the Hoildays when the drink is flowing!

I feel really I woke up really nauseous and with a killer lower backache. I also have a feeling of fullness like when AF comes, but she's not due for another 4 days. Temp still up....
#267 of 511 Old 12-21-2003, 12:49 AM

Hi everyone! Can't wait to hear from our mamas waiting on tests....gonnabemom and Katie I keep checking everyday to see your progress!!!

I have a couple questions for everyone. First, I was wondering if anyone would take a peek at my chart and tell me what you think about my ovulation? I think it was day 16 or 17, but the various FF monitors all have different opinions! If you look at my past charts you can see I normally have really high temps post-o, which is why I believe day 17 (even though I took my temps a drop later than usual, they are not skewed that much). Let me know your opinion....

Also, when does implantation begin? I swear I feel some mild cramping this evening (though it could be the bbq from this afternoon LOL). So considering I could be 4 or more dpo, do you think it's possible to feel anything? Just curious, not really obsessing. I'm not figuring on ceonception this month but it would be nice!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#268 of 511 Old 12-21-2003, 01:43 AM

I called my OB and told them about late AF and neg tests. They said that as a rule they wait 10 days after your AF is due before they do a blood test. ( I had the other blood test done out of town at a walk in clinic) The nurse that I talked to recommended I come back in after 10 days and retest. I am so confused about blood tests and their validity.
I have had nausea off and on, KILLER back ache, and bleeding gums and nose, and mild cramping--cramping that is not like my usually AF cramps. I also have a whole lotta mucus that I don't remember ever happening before. I'm not familiar with CM like you guys seem to be. Maybe you could give me a heads up with what that means. Am I crazy for suspecting pregnancy despite the negative blood test at the walk in clinic?
I took the blood test 3-5 days past the expected date of AF. My cycle has been 28-30 days right on time like clock work for the past 7 months. Now this. It is now 6-9 days past expected AF and still no PMS or anything.
If I'm not preggo then why won't AF show up? I'm promise I'm not stressing out about it anymore. I'm trying to stay calm so that she'll come on back and get the next cycle on the road. I even accepted the fact that I wasn't pregnant (no more hpt) and to start expecting some PMS symptoms. That hasn't happened though and the pregnancy thought has crept back in. Sorry this is so long winded.
I'm crossing my fingers and praying for all those who think they got it this month. I know you all can and will have a baby.

Christine
#269 of 511 Old 12-21-2003, 04:21 AM

How is everyone doing?? I tested today at 12dpo with an EPT and it is still BFN.
However, a friend told me that EPT requires a higher hormone level to register, so I HOPE there is still hope!
I can't believe how impatient I am, and how much I want to be pg. I just want to get started!!
What does FRER stand for??
#270 of 511 Old 12-21-2003, 11:39 AM

First Response Early Result. They are considered to be the most sensitive.
I'm over here now, 1 dpo, settling in for the long haul, but we more than likely missed it, only bd'd yesterday morning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page