December 2ww!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 511 Old 12-01-2003, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, it's officially Dec. so I thought I would start a new thread!

I am 8dpo and don't plan on testing till the 12th, when I know AF is truely late(she's fooled me in the past).

Hang in there everyone we will see our BFP's soon!!!
s to all those AF has found. And s to all those who are late and having confusing cycles, I hope it all gets cleared up soon.
To everyone still waiting and waiting...
#2 of 511 Old 12-01-2003, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
In that, case, I'll copy my post from Nov 2-ww:

Hi all.

sorry about AF, Amy. Good news about the cruise, though!

I'm trying to remain optimistic, telling myself that maybe December will be the optimal time to conceive. CD 25, 9 DPO. Temp scarily low today (above coverline, but just), so there is the possiblity that I will have a short LP this cycle, and will be doing lots of BDing while on vacation (Dec 6-21)...

I'm not proclaiming to be totally out, just trying to look on the bright side if this is indeed a sign that AF is on her way...

Congrats on waiting, Shannon - soon, soon!!

So, our 3 BFPs - will it be today? !
#3 of 511 Old 12-01-2003, 02:11 PM

Oops double post!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#4 of 511 Old 12-01-2003, 02:18 PM

OH MY GOD! I got a BFP this morning! I went to take my temp to start my new cycle and it was way up. Plus my "period" has been pretty light, enough so I thought it was really weird. I decided to POAS and low and behold a BFP! Now I need some prayers for a I am so happy yet so scared because I am bleeding. Not too sure whether I should celebrate yet or not.

Please send me your prayers ladies!

Cheryl

P.S. Also posted in December pre-O. Need lots of prayers!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#5 of 511 Old 12-01-2003, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
CHERYL!!!!!WOOHOOO!!!! All my super sticky positive healthy vibes are heading your way!!!!!! That is cool!

I am currently 8dpo.....
af is supposedly going to show up on Sunday. I have had weird cramp type things for the past couple of days. Of course it could have been gas, given the serious food orgy we had the last few days.:LOL And other than that, no symptoms....which I guess it good cause it is too early to have anything really!

Much and

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#6 of 511 Old 12-01-2003, 03:04 PM

That is super exciting, Cheryl!!!!! I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you.

I'm towards the end of my 2ww and will most likely see AF tomorrow, if not tonight. The cramps I've been having are definitely AF related.

This was a hard month because I know we timed the BD right, I'm definitely ovulating, and we just got lab results stating my dh's sperm is very healthy. So I'm wondering what to do next. Anybody ever tried Robitussen for increasing fertile cf?

~Ellen
#7 of 511 Old 12-01-2003, 04:34 PM

Hi - I'm just checking in from pg boards (I'm always hoping for good news for those ttc), and wanted to say - Yeah, Naturegirl!!! I am sending positive thoughts your way. I too had bleeding last month for a couple of days, but the bleeding stopped and I got a BFP a couple of days later. So here's to a healthy happy nine months for you

Notyetamomma: Hope stays away! I'm sorry I have no idea about Robitussen - hope someone else has some info for you!

Adina and Heveasoul - Good luck this 2ww - sending your way!

Michelle - Mom to 3 very wonderful and very active boys   
#8 of 511 Old 12-01-2003, 05:19 PM

yippee, Naturegirl!!!!! (that's sparkiling cider )

I had a feeling about this...

Hoping the light bleeding goes away asap and that you have a happy and healthy 9mw!
#9 of 511 Old 12-01-2003, 05:31 PM

I posted over on the pre-O thread, but I'd like to join the party here, too...YAY Cheryl!!!

!!!

You have my prayers for a long and healthy pregnancy!

Thanks, Michelle - here's hoping!! No signs of AF, other than my low temp this morning...maybe an implantation dip... ?!

Ellen, hope she stays away! for you!
#10 of 511 Old 12-01-2003, 06:23 PM

CHERYL!!! Congratulations!!!

I think it's a great sign that your temps went up! I have heard of lots of people who had some bleeding early in pg, but it all turned out with a baby. I will be sending lots of sticky thoughts your way. Please keep us informed of your progress!!

#11 of 511 Old 12-01-2003, 07:59 PM

OMG! CHERYL!!!!!!! Congratulations! I came here to lurk and check in on you guys and now you have me crying Sending you lots of lovely sticky baby vibes

and for everyone else

Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#12 of 511 Old 12-01-2003, 08:43 PM

CHERYL!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

wow, i am completely floored! yippeee!!!!!!!!! i'm so happy for you cheryl!
#13 of 511 Old 12-01-2003, 09:45 PM

CONGRATULAIONS CHERYL
#14 of 511 Old 12-01-2003, 10:13 PM

I'm sneaking in here, nobody pay attention to me!

Congratulations Cheryl!

I'm not sure if I am pg or not. If I am it implanted on Tuesday. I am expecting AF on the 5th. I have some tests coming in the mail and they will probably be here Friday or Saturday. I'm determined not to buy any more tests so I can check early. I don't really *feel* pg but I did have a good cry this afternoon so maybe I am.
#15 of 511 Old 12-01-2003, 10:35 PM

Wow thanks everyone. I am really trying to not get too excited yet as I am still bleeding. More than spotting, less than full period. : I am going to wait until this stops and then test again to see if he/she made it through the storm. (fingers crossed)

I have a feeling this might be another early m/c for me but I haven't given up hope yet. My mom said that she had quite a lot of bleeding when she was pg. with me, so there is still hope.

to Trish! Good luck holding out for the tests!

Cheryl

#16 of 511 Old 12-01-2003, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Oh Cheryl....my fingers are crossed!!

As for me,

I am currently trying to stay as positive as possible!

I can and will be pregnant!!!!

I can and will have a baby!!!!

(repeat ad nauseum....)

Boy, I want to be pregnant. Really really really want it this time. ANd I have thought I was pregnant before and had it turn out I wasn't. I was doing so well at not obsessing....and now I am sort of feeling it.

Could be because one of my best friends got what sounds like a positive test this morning. She was here over turkey day and she was smoking, drinking and drinking diet pepsi like it was going out of style. Her dh was smoking like a chimney too. grrrrr......

Anyway, I just needed to get this out I think. I can and will be pregnant, I can and will have a baby....I can and will be pregnant, I can and will have a baby....I can!!!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#17 of 511 Old 12-02-2003, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Wow Congratulations Cheryl!!
Wishing you a sticky sticky baby and happy health 9 months and beyond.

Heveasoul~ keeping fingers crossed it is an implantation dip.

Adina~ I really really want you to be pregnant too, Adina can and will have a baby very soon!

To everyone...
#18 of 511 Old 12-02-2003, 01:33 AM

If I can do it you can do it Adina! Hope we can spend the next 9 months talking about morning sickness, sore boobs, stretchmarks and big bellies! I'll be praying for you between my own prayers to keep this one

Heveasoul! I send you some while I still got some! Hope I will continue to have lots around for the next 9 months!

BTW, I had a huge, below coverline, dip about 4 or 5 days ago. Heck it ain't over even when shows in my case...

Cheryl

#19 of 511 Old 12-02-2003, 02:17 AM
Administrator

So my friend just emailed me a picture of her test....and though faint, it is positive. There is a line there. So it looks like she is preggo....this being her third month of trying.

I am trying to come to terms with this...and not doing so well. I knew she would get pregnant before me....and I am very unhappy that I was right.

I am also trying to know that just because she is pregnant, doesn't mean I can't still be. For some reason I have this block...if someone else gets preggo, then there isn't enough to go around or some dumb crap like that. grrrr....

I think I am going to go upstairs and have a good solid cry...and then I should feel better.

I HATE that I can't feel happy for my friend right now....I hate that this has taken so long, that I don't know if I am going to be pregnant any time soon. I hate that I am this bitter about her being pregnant!

#20 of 511 Old 12-02-2003, 02:23 AM

Oh Adina, I'm sorry. I've never really "talked" to you before but I know that you have been trying for a while. I have been wanting to try for a while but dh hasn't. The only reason I am here right now is that I might have miscaculated my cycle. Anyhow last month one friend and one family member found out they were pg and I was insanely jealous. They both had miscarriages and I felt so awful for being jealous about them being pg when I wasn't. Anyhow I really hope this is your month honey.
#21 of 511 Old 12-02-2003, 02:29 AM

Adina -- hang in there! It's OK for you to be annoyed she got preggers so quickly (and let me say, with her dh and her smoking *I* am annoyed she got pregnant... doesn't everyone give up smoking when they are actively *trying*? I mean, I can understand an 'accident' happening while you are still a smoker, but trying? Oh, I am such a pollyanna, I guess. And I can't stand it when people smoke around me -- even when I wasn't ttc. I can't stand smoke!)

Sorry, tangent. Anyway. It's OK to be annoyed, jealous, or feel really down about it. (Of course, it wouldn't be nice if you told her about it, but kvetching to us can't do any harm!) Have a good cry, be extra nice to yourself

Tho, btw, I subscribe to the pregnancy comes in threes theory/ superstition. Once one friend is preggers, others often follow! So, join in on her pregnant bandwagon and keep up the obnoxiously positive vibes!

Oh, and do try to throw in a bunch of hints about the smoking...
#22 of 511 Old 12-02-2003, 03:31 AM

and I was lookin right at my O/S calendar! Glad I checked! Trish! If I could hold onto tcoyf until I get some answers here and I will send it on! I was *hoping that I would be when I sent it to you, like Tab!

CHERYL! Congratulations, honey. You give me hope since *I'm bleeding too, on CD 36, just as O/S asks me if I'm after an extended lp. Its picked up and it looks like ; but, I'm watching it b/c it could be what the OB girls at my church call an anniversary period, where shows up ceremoniously; but, its abnormal, like what you're experiencing. Be encouraged honey and don't speak death over your baby. Speak life! There's life and death in the power of the tongue! Your wonderful sweet blessing for the Lord is thriving! Have you considered being seen with the bleeding?

Adina, I pray for the comfort of the Holy Spirit for you, and IKWhatchaM! In my Christian ttc group, a girl got a BFP on Thursday, and I had *such a bad attitude, I had to delay posting until I cleaned it up! Its so emotional, ya know?

*not getting another pack of $$$ FRERs, watching this bleeding..... :
#23 of 511 Old 12-02-2003, 09:31 AM

Oh sure! Nobody told me you all had moved over here!!
I'm still here too, 9 dpo, breast tenderness starting yesterday, btw, I had pains (low pelvic) on Sunday, which was 7dpo, last time I had pains at what I believe was implantation--anyone else?? I'm trying not to get too excited, but I don't get breast tenderness until AF actually shows usually and I don't ever have mid-cycle spotting. Add to that the stuffy nose and the fact that I'm hungry as a horse, I don't know, fingers crossed!!
Resisted testing again this morning, actually, maybe someone here knows. I got up this morning around 3 to pee, then at my normal time of 7, which would be considered first morning urine?? I had only gone to bed at midnight, so concentration wise, there was more time between the 3AM &7AM pee, but I don't know. Is this a particularily stupid question???: And btw, that's another symptom, I can usually sleep through the night and have been up the last 3 nights like clockwork to pee.
Any insight or guesses on the FMU thing would be helpfull!
#24 of 511 Old 12-02-2003, 10:45 AM

(reaching for my tissue...again) Took temp when dh's alarm went off this am at 6. Since Alexis and I were having a board discussion until almost 3, I slept in! I realized I was awake and would prob be up in less than 3, so I took.it. Not sure about how to compare temps, since I changed the default time to 5 am, and figured I would prob be up w/i the 90 minute window so O/S can adjust. If anything, I should make sure dh doesn't turn off the alarm early, so I can temp at 6, and prob get up and get breakfast, supplements, a lunch....maybe.....

Anyway, not sure if temps are telling me its a no go....: so, it might be pointless to watch bleeding. Anway,

CyallL
#25 of 511 Old 12-02-2003, 11:38 AM

Adina, I understand how you feel. Someone told me that I would get pregnant when it was meant to be....God knows when the time os right...there is areason...blah blah....that all sounds good, but why is it that it is not the "right time" for me, but the crack addict living on the streets is ALL prepared????? Sorry, I am feeling down today. I would be 34 weeks preg right now, and getting ready to meet my baby in January. It is starting to hit me now.....

Anyway, I posted in Nov thread, but I will go here too. I am at CD28 , usually have a 28-30 day cycle. I know I can't be, so I am just waiting patiently for HER to show....

Caroline
#26 of 511 Old 12-02-2003, 11:39 AM

I just lurk but...Congrats Cheryl!!! I bled quite a bit during the beginning of this pg. I think it is becoming a "normal" thing!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#27 of 511 Old 12-02-2003, 12:13 PM

Caroline. I know...sounds like you and I share a similarly heartbreaking experience. I saw myself last week holding Jordan while decorating the tree. This would have been his first Christmas. The "pat" answers don't help. However, Pastor Jack Hayford, who wrote the book, "I'll Hold You in Heaven," speaks of the fact that God gives us *all the ability to procreate. Now, some use it the way God intended, and others do not. Those children not being less loved by Him or worthy to live however; but, the conditions in which they live are yes....not condusive to child rearing. I find myself becoming bitter about this perceived injustice, myself! But, I am not God and who am I to say who is born and when they are!

Don't give up yet! Its not over until shows!
#28 of 511 Old 12-02-2003, 12:29 PM

Caroline. I hear you.

Adina.

Hang in there, Letia, Alexis, and Kristie!

Shannon - that's a valid question. I'm not sure how many hours are needed for it to be considered a FMU concentration...congrats on holding out! How about trying to wait until Sat, we can announce our BFPs simultaneously!

I'm at CD 26, 10 DPO. Trying to ignore any symptoms - pinches, etc...last time they were just your run-of-the-mill pre-menstrual murmurings...

Thanks, Jodie - don't know if the temp went up high enough for it to be considered an implantation dip, but I'm still above theh coverline, so...

everybody!! C'mon Christmas pregnancies!
#29 of 511 Old 12-02-2003, 12:30 PM

adina,
i hope your cry helps. i don't really know any words that could help you, or any of us, right now. it's such a tough and frustrating situation. i really hope you're too! for me, i'm no less happy for whoever gets pregnant but then after the excitement wears off, i feel a little pang of sadness and longing to join them and i feel like i'm even further from my own BFP. i guess that's similar to what you feel.
#30 of 511 Old 12-02-2003, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Hi ladies!!

Well I didn't get my cry last night. Dh was grumpy about her being preggo too, and I didn't really feel like having my cry in front of him.

I feel better. I spent a long time last night convincing my self that just because she was preggo, I could still be pregnant. And that I deserved to be pregnant just as much as she does. And that I WILL get pregnant, or may already be pregnant. And that is the hardest.

I am 9dpo, and have no symptoms, other than cramping, which is early, but could mean anything really. My boobs aren't any bigger, don't hurt. I am retaining water, but I do that every month. I was a little tired yesterday and needed a nap, but that could be coming off the holiday. So, basically I feel completely normal. is scheduled to arrive in 5 days.....

I just don't know. MOst things in my life I have wanted and have been "up" for, (peer counseling in high school, national stage management award, etc) I have known I would get. I just knew. And like wise, I knew when I would not get something, saved me from being upset a lot of times. I always thought that I would know when I was pregnant, or when I wasn't. And I have no idea....it is the strangest thing. I have thought for sure I was and af showed right on time. So waht gives? Why can't I tell with this? Maybe it is because all those other things depended on someone else's decision, not on my own body....

hmmmm......

Sorry, just thinking "out loud" I guess.

Much and to all

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page