Anterior vs. Posterior Uterus (cervix position) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-29-2008, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello there! My husband and I are TTC and I am learning to learn how to read and record cervical position changes. Bare with me while I try and explain where my cervix currently is so you can tell me what it's called. (Hopefully!)

I think what I felt is my cervix, but as I am new at this, you might have to correct me. I couldn't really feel a complete circle, but more like a semi circle, is that possible? I couldn't really feel an opening in the middle, but I am on cd 13, so that means it would be closed anyways right? I did feel a small hard bump on it, so I am going for a pap smear/physical some time soon. Anyways, it was located on the "back wall" meaning closest to my spine, not my tummy, and facing my tummy. Is this anterior? I was once told I had a tipped uterus, but I do not know the difference between anterior and posterior.

Thanks for your help! Any cervical position tips would be greatly appreciated!
#2 of 4 Old 12-29-2008, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInSeptember View Post
Anyways, it was located on the "back wall" meaning closest to my spine, not my tummy, and facing my tummy. Is this anterior? I was once told I had a tipped uterus, but I do not know the difference between anterior and posterior.
It sounds like you found your cervix- it moves all around, so depending on time of day and CD, it could shift. I only record High/low, soft/firm, and open/closed for fertility purposes...never anterior/posterior so I can't help you there. but it's interesting to learn about nonetheless!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#3 of 4 Old 12-29-2008, 02:57 AM - Thread Starter

Warning, do not click on the link below if blood or photos of cervices are icky.

Thanks for your reply. I found the beautiful cervix site and it was so informative and helpful. I figured out that my problem was this: I was checking with one finger, not two. When you check with two fingers you can really tell what you are feeling and you can also check cervical mucous easier by making a sweep of the cervix. I definitely found my cervix as I just now went and checked using two fingers and it felt just like the photos look. Now I can start keeping track of CM and position. I am so thankful for that website, as I was so confused before! I've had such a break through tonight lol.
#4 of 4 Old 12-29-2008, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInSeptember View Post
Warning, do not click on the link below if blood or photos of cervices are icky.
haha...yah I've seen that and it is truely amazing! I think those sorta things are cool and don't get grossed out by them, KWIM?

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page