Well Hi. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-31-2008, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Never thought I'd be here, yet here I am. DH and I have been TTC for at least six months, but haven't used any form of BC since AF returned after DS, and that was almost a year ago. I always considered myself a "Fertile Myrtle." DD was a surprise, DS came the month after we started trying, so I'm really disappointed that #3 hasn't come about yet. I was trying to be very nonchalant about the whole thing and say "We'll just take it as it comes." But that's easy to do when you expect it to come quickly! I'm ready. I'm ready now. And every month is a disappointment.

DS is still breastfeeding, but we've managed to nightwean him in the hopes that it will increase our odds (and let us all get more sleep). I've used the OPKs, so I know that I'm ovulating. I don't drink, smoke, or play cards. My diet is pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. Lots of whole foods, lots of nuts (gotta get that zinc!), good proteins. I take my prenatals like a good girl.

We even took time last week to check into the Ramada down the street for an afternoon, just so that we could have some couple time and DTD without interference from teens, toddlers, or mothers (MIL lives with us). It was just about the right time, too. I really thought that something would stick this month. I was so cautiously excited and when my face started breaking out (ugh!), I thought this could be it, and even had a faint pos on HPT on Monday, but yesterday was a BFN. I know it's early and there's still a chance, but I don't feel in my heart that it stuck.

So yesterday, I finally registered with Fertility Friend and went out and bought a basal thermometer at Target. I entered all the info I could think of for this cycle (CD22 now) and charted my first temp this morning. I suppose I should find a copy of TCOYF and actually read it. It's just so bizarre, going from being so terrifed that I *would* get pregnant (too soon after DS) to now being terrified that I *won't.* I suppose I should be grateful that I have two beautiful, healthy children and be accepting that maybe a third isn't in life's plan for me, but I don't wanna. I wannanother baby. Wah.
#2 of 7 Old 12-31-2008, 12:20 PM

TCOYF is a big book, but once you have the basics down, it is easy to find the information that applies to you, and to skip over what doesn't. again.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#3 of 7 Old 12-31-2008, 12:31 PM

Hi, back!

I think we were in a DDC together...do you have an October 05 or a March 07 baby?

I'm hoping for a third, and it's not happening quickly for me, either, and I'm starting to wonder if it will or if we're done.

I don't wanna be done, either.

Maybe we can get together and virtually stamp our feet and bang our fists and beat our heads against walls in frustration sometime.

Or join a DDC together soon. It has to happen sooner than later, doesn't it? Like Bill Clinton said...I'm a man with more yesterdays behind me than tomorrows in front of me. At this point, we HAVE to be closer to conceiving than not, right? We've put our time in....
#4 of 7 Old 12-31-2008, 02:16 PM

Yes, TCOYF does seem intimidating at first, but if you're ttc, there's really only a few chapters to pay close attention to. It's not like you have to pour over every page in the huge book to get the gist of things.
#5 of 7 Old 12-31-2008, 02:22 PM

That's a great idea about the Ramada Inn!

We just started too, I'm 27 and DD was an accident, so I'm hoping my fertility is still good and I don't have to wait a long time. But I know God (Allah ) has a plan for all of us and I have to be patient. Be at peace.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#6 of 7 Old 12-31-2008, 02:23 PM

good luck i know exactly how u feel we decied on new years in 2000 to TTC and Bam we got preggers on new years even this time nope!

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#7 of 7 Old 12-31-2008, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome and the hugs. Yes, MrsTC, I have a March07 baby. Good to see you again.

I have to admit, I was at Target today and got another HPT, this time the digital pregnant/not pregnant one (I forget the brand). I'm going to give it to DH with instructions to hide it from me until Saturday morning. By then, I'll be 12dpo, so hopefully will know one way or the other. I'm still zitty (damn, I look like a teenager!) and get exhausted every afternoon, to the point of barely functioning.

Did I mention that I'm going to be 38 soon and I can hear that biological clock ticking louder and louder?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page