No-Testers in the New Year - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 712 Old 01-03-2009, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinalicious View Post
I figure that since my husband is the only lucky recipient, then it's ok to be a little racy at times.
lol...a colleague of mine used to say "it don't matter where you get the appetite, so long as you eat at home."

DH and I used to try bonking every day before O, but it started to feel like a chore and we weren't taking the time we used to to get each other really hot. The last cycle we decided to push all baby thoughts out of our heads and really do it right. I was wetter than I have been since we started trying, and I still think that's why the spermy and egg got together like they did. I think if we'd never officially "started trying," we probably would have gotten pregnant right away. It's hard to get really turned on when you're thinking about the reason behind it all.

Kelly--sorry to hear about AF. She's so pushy.

Shakenbake & B-girl- Keep us posted!

Brinalicious-your chart looks good! I will try to support you in not getting too excited...but I know it's hard to ignore positive signs! Deep breaths.

Thanks to everybody for the advice about yoga and pilates positions. I should probably just call my doctor, because I am doing the exercises from a DVD so I don't have an instructor to ask. By the way...how did people find a trustworthy midwife? I have been kinda holding out on this decision until I am actually pregnant, but it doesn't hurt to get informed.

Happy Saturday everybody! :-P

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#62 of 712 Old 01-03-2009, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
By the way...how did people find a trustworthy midwife? I have been kinda holding out on this decision until I am actually pregnant, but it doesn't hurt to get informed.
It's never too early to have one in mind...I found a list from our state registry, but you can probably get a good start by posting in your tribal area and browsing the archives. GL!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#63 of 712 Old 01-03-2009, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tear78, I've often wondered if that's why it happens to people who "quit trying." When I've been less than enthusiastic, spontaneously, about dtd when it's important, timing-wise, I read racy novels. Having kids running around and doing things to blow your plans for an intimate coupling with your husband makes it hard to get in the mood sometimes, and if those sometimes are mid-cycle, you have to do something!

As far as finding a good midwife, depending on what level of medical cooperation or lack thereof, there are CNMs delivering at hospitals in many cities, so you can even start at local hospitals. Or look up doulas in your area and they will be able to recommend the popular midwives and/or can tell you which ones lean a certain way in their style and beliefs. Look for birth centers, too. I birthed both of my kids at a BC and looooved it. Such good woman energy there every time I went for prenatal visits and then for the births.
#64 of 712 Old 01-03-2009, 06:58 PM

Hey ladies! Wow this thread is moving fast, I can hardly keep up!
Kelly - sorry about AF, she's mean. : Glad the cramps are subsiding.

I got my fingers crossed for you girls that are nearing your testing times.

I'm 8dpo today, and I can feel the depression sinking in. I burst into tears last night, just from the anticipation and feeling sorry for myself if it didn't work this time. I feel like it's taking a lot of mental energy to hold myself together. I keep trying to be like, "oh well, I don't care" Ugh, I'm not doing so well. It's totally the weather too though.

Does anyone else who already has little ones, ever find themselves (after a particularly hard day) thinking, 'well, that's okay if I'm not pregnant, cause the ones I got are really hard.' ? And yes I'm talking about my 4 year old, who thinks he rules the world all of the sudden.

And for the record I love pilates too! I feel so good and strong doing it. And I can't believe some of you are tired of mid-cycle doin' it. That's like the only time I'm really really into it -cause of the raging hormones and whatnot. It's every other part of my cycle where I'm all dried up or bleeding and whatnot...and I'm like 'meh.' I mean, I eventually get into it during those times, but not like at ovulation time, mmmm. Alright I'm rambling.

Anyone have any book recommendations? I'm going to the library soon, and I desperately need a distraction!

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#65 of 712 Old 01-03-2009, 07:26 PM

Thanks again for the advice, ladies! I think I will try to go through the hospital route, because I think I want to have a midwife delivery at the hospital....if they allow it in my area. I don't even know yet. My sister lives in CA and they wouldn't allow it, so she tried to go through home delivery but after 24 hours she had to go to the hospital. Anyway...I'm rambling. I just really want someone there who is advocating for me (with that good woman energy you mentioned, MrsTC!)and not trying to rush me through it, but I want all the medical amenities of a hospital in case something goes wrong. I just feel a little superstitious researching this before I'm pregnant...like I'm getting ahead of myself. Anyway....thanks.

Court - What kind of books do you like? I enjoy fantasy adventure books. Some of my favorites are The Golden Compass series (I know the movie just came out....but the books are really really great.) Also, the Abhorsen trilogy by Garth Nix rocks (Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen are the three titles.) These books are more than just candy reads. ps--thanks for distracting me from the TTC topic!

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#66 of 712 Old 01-03-2009, 07:44 PM

Thanks Tear! I'll pick up The Golden Compass -it's the only one available at my library right now (just checked online) - everything else is like, on hold, checked out, etc. That trilogy sounds interesting though... I really haven't read anything in a long time, but usually I just read oprah-type novels, or classics. I keep seeing political type books mentioned on tv that look interesting, and then forget the title. I'm pretty much open to anything though. Thanks again!

#67 of 712 Old 01-03-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court View Post
And yes I'm talking about my 4 year old, who thinks he rules the world all of the sudden.
Ummm..I TOTALLY understand!!!!! Must be a 4 year old thing!

homeschool.gif mama to DS6modifiedartist.gif and DD1fly-by-nursing1.gif
#68 of 712 Old 01-03-2009, 09:50 PM

Kelly Thanks for the info about including charts in a signature. I tried to do it but ended up with *chart* instead of the little chart picture. Do you know what I did wrong? (I am really the most un-computery person)

#69 of 712 Old 01-03-2009, 10:38 PM

I'm not sure if anyone is into fantasy here, but the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George RR Martin is by far the best series I have ever read in my LIFE. It's not crazy high-end fantasy, and actually starts off more knights and castles etc but slowly brings you into the world of fantastical things in such a realistic way it sucks you in. My DH is struggling with it because it's a more complicated mature read, and he likes easy going "main hero, main heroine, main bad guy the end" books that are simple in plot (and stuff that to me is more middle/high school ranged teehee, go go college level reading comprehension in 8th grade).

ASoIaF is totally not like that - it's magnificent. Not that easy books suck, but sometimes it's good to get sucked into a-whole-nother world.

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#70 of 712 Old 01-03-2009, 10:40 PM

Julie- when you go in to edit your signature, select and click on the chart icon you want from the smilies list...then highlight that code with your cursor, then go up and press that world picture that says 'insert link' and paste your link. That'll make the chart icon into a link. hth

And I'm glad you understand the 4 y.o. thing, lol. It's crazy around here sometimes.

#71 of 712 Old 01-03-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court View Post
And I'm glad you understand the 4 y.o. thing, lol. It's crazy around here sometimes.
Yeah, I just talked with my sister and her 2 yr old on the webcam and she was biting everything in sight(my niece..not my sister)...then wanted to nurse. It was a little scary, I must admit. : My sister always used to say (before I was TTC) that it was the best method of birth control for me to visit her.

kparker--thanks for the tip. I'm looking for a good new fantasy series, too. I like it when they have a more thoughtful plot, too. That reminds me that I read a fantastic fantasy trilogy by Guy Gavriel Kay this summer. It was called the Fionavar Tapestry, and the first book was The Summer Tree. Beautiful writing.

Remembering our 3 losses

#72 of 712 Old 01-04-2009, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

Court, my husband and I were wondering out loud, over dinner tonight, if we really wanted to add to our chaos and noise level while our kids were shrieking and banging their utensils and otherwise being loud and energetic. From my experience as a nanny before I was married and had kids, it's actually easier to have a handful of kids than it is one or two. With just a couple, you have just enough time to get bored, but no time to do anything about it. With a whole brood of kids, you are always satisfyingly busy until they go to bed or disappear outside or to play in another room. My big question is--will I survive another babyhood with two older kids in tow?
#73 of 712 Old 01-04-2009, 01:14 AM

id LOVE to add another we are in baby missing zone right now and i WANT my little girl more then anything in the world!

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#74 of 712 Old 01-04-2009, 12:46 PM

I'm still waiting for O but I am not testing until Aunt Flo is late. Too many lily white pregnancy tests staring back at me makes me feel sad and stupid.

Shanese mom of 2ds
#75 of 712 Old 01-04-2009, 03:24 PM

Tear78 - ha! I've been told we're good birth control as well! My boys can be loud and crazy for sure. Don't worry about biting too much. My kids liked to bite things but they only bit me once during nursing (teething). You naturally yelp when it happens, and usually it scares them so much they never do it again. That's my experience anyways

MrsTC - that dinner scene sounds familiar...I think it is probably easier with more, because they do entertain each other. And it does feel good to be busy all day. I think you'll totally survive another babyhood. I must admit, though, when I saw you had an 18 month old in your signature, I was like, "whoa, that's a brave woman." lol. It's probably good though cause you're not out of practice. I feel so spoiled by all the sleep I get, it's gonna be hard going back to waking all night and teething and whatnot. But it's for sure worth it.

shakenbake - I know, I want a little girl too, more than I'd like to admit. And I miss babyhood so much too that I ache. It's just when I find out I'm not preggo, and then we have a really trying, loud, moment....it's nice to look at my husband and say, tongue in cheek, "jeeze, I guess everything happens for a reason...we definitely have plenty on our plate right now." It makes me feel better to pretend for a moment that I'm glad about not being pregnant.

Valid- "sad and stupid" thank you, you totally summed up my feelings on the matter. tragically funny.

#76 of 712 Old 01-04-2009, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Spicing up the chatting by asking...

What are you up to or "into" right now?

I've been decluttering and cleaning my house since we're done acquiring new STUFF over the holidays. We have a duplex for rental property and one of our renters moved out...I'm refinishing a chair I found at Goodwill last week and I'm SO excited to have a place to paint it that's inside, not in the garage, where I won't have to worry about paint fumes around the kids. So this week, I'll be painting my new (to me) chair, and then taping off and painting the duplex. Or just painting my chair and having lots of playdates with friends. Depends on how my bank account's doing (playdates usually involve lunch or coffee, but don't have to, but I like doing it that way).
#77 of 712 Old 01-04-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTC View Post
Spicing up the chatting by asking...

What are you up to or "into" right now?
I'm also cleaning, decluttering, and renovating. : DH is painting the bedroom sultry red (hope it helps the, ahem, 'mojo' ), I'm cleaning out closets, sorting DD's old clothes into keep/charity boxes, and using the parts of the vacuum that never get used...you know, the little bristle covered hose attachment? Sucking off the air vent cover has never been more satisfying...oh the things you'll do to keep from going crazy TTC!

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#78 of 712 Old 01-04-2009, 07:28 PM

What are you up to/into right now?

Well, we've been painting too! (or should I say I have been painting. Dh cut his hand Friday while doing the dishes and had to get stitches...he says he may never be able to do the dishes again-he thinks he may have PTSD from the cut. Hahahahah!)
I spent a lot of the afternoon in bed feeling really tired. I think I'm getting a cold. Waaaah.
Tomorrow we have a homeschool coop playdate thing and then idk what else we will do!

Oh! Oh! A friend of mine had a dream I was pregnant! Exciting!

#79 of 712 Old 01-04-2009, 08:04 PM

I've been doing lots of cleaning too lately.

Oh and I did pee on a stick.

Confirmed.

Now I'm nervous.
#80 of 712 Old 01-04-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-girl View Post
I've been doing lots of cleaning too lately.

Oh and I did pee on a stick.

Confirmed.

Now I'm nervous.
Well congrats!!! :::

Are you in shock?

#81 of 712 Old 01-04-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
Well congrats!!! :::

Are you in shock?
Thanks!

I pretty much *knew* before I tested..... but I was shocked when I was late.

We're excited.. it's all sinking in. Quite the surprise for us!

I think it'll take us at least a few days (or weeks) to really grasp it.

As much as I want to try to enjoy every moment I hope the next few weeks fly by so I can get into a "safer" zone.

On another note.. does anyone know if it's normal for the test line to be darker than the control? I've taken two tests (hubby didn't believe just one), and on both the test line is dark immediately and then the lighter control line appears.
#82 of 712 Old 01-04-2009, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations!!!!!!!:

Nothing about this is ever easy, I don't think. You want it so badly, and then when it does happen, those moments of doubt creep in, like, omygosh, now what. What did I just do??!!

Peace to your mind and heart, and may you have a blessed, easy, healthy pregnancy.
#83 of 712 Old 01-04-2009, 08:35 PM

Congrats b-girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!

#84 of 712 Old 01-04-2009, 09:17 PM

Way to slide that casually in there, b-girl!! How do you feel?

ps---oops! I missed the last page of posts before I responded. I think the fact that the test line is so dark is just because you waited a while before testing and your hormones are pretty strong. That's a good thing! Keep us posted with how you feel over the next weeks! I wish you a happy, healthy pregnancy!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#85 of 712 Old 01-04-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
Way to slide that casually in there, b-girl!! How do you feel?
i know! right?

congratulations b-girl!
how late are you? what signs did/do you have that you just new? is this your first? when is your EDD??? EEEEEEE! so exciting!
#86 of 712 Old 01-04-2009, 10:25 PM

af found me im out

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#87 of 712 Old 01-04-2009, 10:29 PM

Sorry about AF shakenbake.

Congrats B-girl!

AFM: I'm thinking about not testing on tuesday. I'm starting to feel AF coming on and I don't want to see a BFN. So if no AF by the end of the week, I'll test then.

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

#88 of 712 Old 01-05-2009, 02:15 AM

Congrats, B-girl!!! Is this your first? Symptoms? Details!!!::

So sorry, shakenbake.

Raven, that is a good idea to me. I hope it's not AF though.

What are you up to/into right now?

Still decluttering the garage. We just took a large truckload of junk to Goodwill. Also my family has been in town this week/weekend so visiting with them.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#89 of 712 Old 01-05-2009, 03:01 AM

sorry shakenbake.
#90 of 712 Old 01-05-2009, 03:55 AM

Count me in please
I've spent way too much money on pregnancy tests! I'm tired of wasting $$$ so I'm not testing early any more

jog.gifkid.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page