No-Testers in the New Year - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-06-2009, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can I join? I'm not charting, but according my usual cycle, I am a few dpo. I'm planning to test after a missed AF, on Jan 22.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenStar View Post
She said "I want to pet her kitty. What's her name?"
So I told her and she said "I want to pet Wilhelmina. I want to go to her house."
awww......that makes me smile. so sweet. what a cute DD!
Old 01-06-2009, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Octobermoon your kitties are awesome! My pets are my kids too, don't worry

RavenStar your kiddo is killin' me over here. I love it when they do adorable things like that. Like when my flower girl walks up to me minutes before the wedding is supposed to start with a little piece of paper, and on it are two stick figures that look rather vague and similar with a line between them. She points to one and says "That's Guy!" and to the other and says "That's you!" and then giggles. So her stick figures were me and my DH and the line between us was the wall separating us prior to the aisle walk. I died. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMM1117 View Post
KParker Omg, your Chihuahua and Ridgeback look so cute together!! Does the Chihuahua thinks hes a big dog too? Thats how my mother's Yorkie is with her two Doberman, its so funny!
Beetle's funny, sometimes he acts like he's a big tough dog but generally he's well aware he's a small dog and acts really cautious around bigger people/pets and is polite and quiet and stuff. He's a great dog.

Mom to 3 , 1 , 10 hermit crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12
Old 01-06-2009, 05:53 PM

Updated fuzzies picture in sig, he's lost 4lbs since the last vet appt and here is Spirit the ball python.

Married Mom to K(8), K(7) & C born March 23rd.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauGeek View Post
Updated fuzzies picture in sig, he's lost 4lbs since the last vet appt and here is Spirit the ball python.
He is so gorgeous. I have such a soft spot for tuxedo cats. I'm sorry he's not doing so well

Lovely snake too! I want one but my DH said no

Mom to 3 , 1 , 10 hermit crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
Old 01-06-2009, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

UPDATED TO HERE
Let me know if I've missed updating something or someone.

You all with your cute animals. We're set to get our puppy at the end of the month, here's a picture of her. One way or another I'm getting a baby!

She's a toy yorkie, and soooo teeny. She will look even shrimpier next to our mastiff.

Not wanting to add drama where there is none, but updating the list has made me notice a few of you are...you know. So...wanna say anything about it?
Old 01-06-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTC View Post
UPDATED TO HERE

You all with your cute animals. We're set to get our puppy at the end of the month, here's a picture of her. One way or another I'm getting a baby!

She's a toy yorkie, and soooo teeny. She will look even shrimpier next to our mastiff.

Not wanting to add drama where there is none, but updating the list has made me notice a few of you are...you know. So...wanna say anything about it?
A few of us are what???? A few of us are what??? Did somebody get knocked up and not tell us?!!!!

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

Old 01-06-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
A few of us are what???? A few of us are what??? Did somebody get knocked up and not tell us?!!!!
^^ yea that!

Old 01-06-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
^^ yea that!
Quoted for further confusion. I just had to go back a couple pages and obsessively click charts and I'm apparently missing something?

Old 01-06-2009, 07:05 PM

I'm missing something too!!!????

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

Old 01-06-2009, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

NO!! Gosh, talk about not intending to start drama

A few of us are close to maybe knowing one way or another. Ya know? Close to AF?

Sheesh!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

I'm going off somewhere to hide now

:
Old 01-06-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
he is gorgeous, i hope he gets well. it makes me sad he's sick. i have never even heard of what he has. does he have a good prognosis?

and about the drama... ya'll are too cute! luckily i got to read through the whole thing after MrsTc's reply PHEW!!! but if i hadn't i'd be right there with ya! are you sure you weren't starting drama MrsTc????
Old 01-06-2009, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OMG WHAT'S GOING ON?

Anybody?

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 01-06-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kparker View Post
He is so gorgeous. I have such a soft spot for tuxedo cats. I'm sorry he's not doing so well

Lovely snake too! I want one but my DH said no

Thank you! I love black & white cats.

Quote:
UPDATED TO HERE

What a sweet pea! Looks so tiny!

Quote:

:
Awh, dont hide! A little excitement is always fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octobermoon View Post
he is gorgeous, i hope he gets well. it makes me sad he's sick. i have never even heard of what he has. does he have a good prognosis?
Thank you! He has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. He clotted last week & his rear hind leg was paralyzed. Its taken a week for that clot to dissolve, he is currently walking on it again. He cant make it far without stopping for a break to catch his breath. I carry him most places cause I dont like to see him in that shape. From research, once they start passing clots they have about 6 months to live. We still have to take him back to the vet for a post of a post check up & I want to see if we cant put him on Atentol, ACE inhibitors and some diuretics for the fluid on his lungs. Hoping to give him the best chance at a quality of life.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:27 PM

BeauGeekthat is so kind hearted of you to be taking such good care of such a sick kitty. Poor thing, he looks so precious.

Everyone's pets are adorable! If I was like most peolple in my age group and actually knew how to get an image onto the computer I would post one of my Boston. Maybe one day

homeschool.gif mama to DS6modifiedartist.gif and DD1fly-by-nursing1.gif
Old 01-06-2009, 08:34 PM

beaugeek that is so sad about kitty. i could cry. aww...i really hope he gets better.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:42 PM

BeauGeek

My mom lost 2 of my childhood cats last fall to hepatic lipidosis and while I saw it coming with one of them, the other one took me by surprise and it sucked so bad. I'm terrified of having pets (and here I am with 5) because it always hurts SO much to lose them. One year I lost 3 dogs to hit-by-car due to my ex's negligence and his new girlfriend's stupidity.

I keep saying I'm not going to have anymore pets once these are gone... and I go and get a kitten...

Old 01-06-2009, 09:45 PM

MrsTC - your posts cracked me up. I was kind of joking around and being dramatic. I love what you've done with the first page, it's so cute! I feel so special having my name colorized.

AFM I'm editing my post cause it was a little spazzy. Sorry, I'm trying to stay calm, and practicing not caring. I've been online waaay too much today.

Welcome newcomers!

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

Old 01-06-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:

:
Hahah! *hugs*

Some of you ladies are so close to knowing!

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

Old 01-06-2009, 11:19 PM

Here's a photo of my fur baby
http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo43/KASIMPS/013.jpg

I thought I had missed out on a BFP too! I hope that is happens for your ladies very soon... there's going to be a lot of excited people here.

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
Old 01-06-2009, 11:21 PM

awww crap guess who is coming early? probably tomorrow, maybe tonight! i am really concerned i am going through early menopause. i have been having night sweats and not sleeping well this month and my cycles seem to be changing. my mom and grandma went through MP at my age i didn't know this till recently. o'h well, what can i do? it's out of my hands really. i have only been married for three years....it's not like i have been dragging my heals for ten years or something. send some positive vibes my way please and if you pray will you pray for us? thanks. i'm cool now, we'll see how i do tomorrow. i know we haven't been trying for that long but still, since we don't have kids and we're over 35 i wonder how we will do. i'm gonna order some preseed injectable stuff. we have the lube but i'm gonna step it up since i have hardly any fertile cm that i can tell. damnit!

OMG kelly your dog is so cute! he's HUGE! aww that makes me feel better. thanks.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:48 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
OMG...this is what I get for going back to work. I missed two days because I'm a teacher and my work consumes my life. aaaaargh. Anyway, I was reading the many posts I missed, and the thread actually moved from 7 pages to 8 WHILE I WAS READING! I can't possibly attempt to respond to all the posts, but I did particularly enjoy watching everybody flip out about MrsTC's attempt to "not add any drama."

Octobermoon - I'm sorry to hear that you're going through confusing body times. Please keep us posted, and I'll keep you in my thoughts!

MrsTC - I think I didn't end up in the original list. Is it ok to ask you to add me? I was a little too shy to ask. But I'm expecting to ovulate today...which means I won't test until January 21st if I'm really brave...or January 20th which is when AF is due.

My pet blessed ladies - I envy you. I myself am allergic to everything cute and fuzzy, so I can't have any pets. Whenever life settles down (mmmhmm...when will that be?) we plan to get fish again. We used to have them before we moved. They can be really relaxing, but not in the purring, snuggling rub their fuzzy sides against your legs kind of way. Can you tell I'd have 16 cats if I could? oh well I'll settle for a snuggly baby instead

Good luck to you upcoming testers this week!!! :

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 01-06-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octobermoon View Post
awww crap guess who is coming early? probably tomorrow, maybe tonight! i am really concerned i am going through early menopause.
Oh no, don't say that! I hope you feel better and get your BFP soon!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 01-07-2009, 12:33 AM

Hi everyone,
There have been a lot of posts today. Kparker that is so cute that your flower girl drew that picture for you. Little kids do and say the best things.
Our daughter absolutely loves animals. Of all kinds. She saw a fruit fly in the bathroom sink and said "mom, there's a little animal". She talks to them too.

AFM: Since this was the day I originally was going to POAS, it took some willpower to resist. No AF today so far. If she is a no show, I'll test on friday.

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

Old 01-07-2009, 01:53 AM - Thread Starter

octobermoon...I'm thinking good thoughts for you, however the next day(s) go.

Ravenstar
, be strong! Hang in there, seeing empty pregnancy test windows is no fun.

And...I'm sorry, again, for opening my big mouth. I just wanted to know how people are feeling, even though I know it's contrary to the "non-stressing" part of our gig. I can't contain my noseyness! From now on, I'm not asking. But I hereby announce that if you want to share any of this "maybe/maybe not" kind of wondering thought type information out loud (on the board), I will be happy to read it

Who else has read the Infertility Cure book? I'm going through it now, just to see if I can find any information about what may be lacking in my body, and this book is crazy interesting. It helps you diagnose yourself, but then goes on to explain why things work the way they do. Whether doing any of the things it's suggesting will help me or not, I'm happily sucked into it right now. And feeling pissey about not feeling like it would be a good idea to take OTC pain meds for my headache that's going on day 2, that will probably keep me up for most of the night.: I hate headaches. One thing that will be really cool for me about being done having babies and breastfeeding is the freedom to take powerful, chemically laden, probably bad for you but oh-so effective DRUGS when I hurt. Pain be gone!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:17 AM

MrsTc is there something particularly fascinating from the book you'd like to share with the class?
Old 01-07-2009, 10:19 AM

Can I be moved to the next cycle. AF is right on time this morning, but I am alright with it. Glad to see my body regulated it self after my m/c last month. I am not temping this cycle, want to step away from it & just have fun with DH.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:42 AM

octobermoon: hang in there. I'm thinking of you and sending you some positive vibes!

RavenStar: Good for you to resist testing! I hope you have some great news to report very soon!

BeauGeek: Sorry that AF has arrived. Seems like your body has regulated itself. Wishing you all the best for a cycle of fun!

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
Old 01-07-2009, 12:43 PM

So, I wasn't going to test today, even though AF is due today, because I started spotting yesterday afternoon. TMI alert, it's just really light pink/brown, and only appears when I wipe. So, I figured I was out, but then my temp went up this morning .2, so I decided to test with FMU. BFN! So, I'm just waiting for AF and wondering WTF with the temp rise?!? I think that if my O date was off, that could totally explain it. I've also decided I just am not going to test next cycle until AF is like 2 weeks late! I'm holding out a little bit of hope for this month, but not much. Mostly I am trying not to let it totally get me down. If AF doesn't come in the next few days, I'm still not testing!

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!

User Tag List