Nursing Mamas TTC January- Roll Call Please Check In - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 393 Old 01-07-2009, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

skydancer~Yeah it is hard,thankfully we are pretty close friends, i think i even got her to think about trying for a VBAC, her first was a c/s for pre eclampsia at 33wks but the drs made a big deal about it then took their time about doing a c/s they waited a few days before doing a c/s when she probably could have delivered before then vaginally.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#62 of 393 Old 01-07-2009, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still here just haven't had a lot of time to catch up. Lot's of not so great things going on for us right now. Hoping it will all be straightened out soon. In the meantime I am currently in 2ww. Congrats to all the BFP's since I was last here.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#63 of 393 Old 01-07-2009, 02:12 PM

I'm still here. Still waiting to be ready. Haven't been posting cause I'm a little bummed I'm still not ovulating. I've been taking maca and vitex since the 1st of September. Sigh.

Good luck to everyone!
#64 of 393 Old 01-07-2009, 02:21 PM

Woo HOO!

FF just gave me my O Crosshairs!

I'm in the 2WW!!

I cannot believe that I ovulated naturally again! Please, please please cross your fingers for me!

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

#65 of 393 Old 01-07-2009, 03:18 PM

Hi ladies!
I haven't checked in in a long time, sorry!! The holidays kept me really busy!
I'm on my 3rd PP cycle, CD13, Waiting to O, and I had some GREAT EWCM streaked with pink today! I'm not due to O until CD16, so just a couple more days!!!

This is the first time I've ever had pink-streaked CM, and it's been happening for a couple days now...anyone have any idea what that could mean??

Nice to be back, I promise I'll stick around this time!
#66 of 393 Old 01-07-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama*ashleigh View Post

This is the first time I've ever had pink-streaked CM, and it's been happening for a couple days now...anyone have any idea what that could mean??

I never had that, but I've read that sometimes after , let's say - more passionate BDing, CM can have a drop or two of pinkish (or even dark red) blood, mixed with CM.

:
#67 of 393 Old 01-07-2009, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

~Updated List to here ~

mama*ashleigh ~ I've had it once the same day as O day. Maybe you are going to O earlier this cycle.

SparklingGemini~:::

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#68 of 393 Old 01-07-2009, 06:13 PM

So for those of you with your cycles back, how many times did your body gear up to O before actually doing it.

I had EWCM just after Christmas. And again these past few days. My cervix yesterday was lower than ever before and very soft and open. I probably could have ovulated, but it seems my body might just be teasing me.

How long did you have signs of fertility before actually having a period followed by a cycle of some sort?

FTR, I'm not temping or OPKing. I'm not suffering from baby fever enough to get *that* into it--yet. I'm only doing CM and cervical checks.
#69 of 393 Old 01-07-2009, 09:03 PM

JorgieGirl- I don't have my cycle back yet (ds is 16 months), but I did get a positive OPK on the 30th, so hopefully soon. I'm sure every woman's body is different as her fertility returns. In my case, I had been having signs since mid October. Signs ranged from cramping, sore bbs, dizziness, bloating, bm changes, mood swings, etc (you name it). I normally have mild or no pms type issues, so this was all a whole new (and frustrating) world. I finally resorted to OPKs to try to figure out what was going on (like you, I doen't want to resort to temping and charting yet-it makes me stressed and obsessed).

When my others were nursing, I don't remember any of this happening. With my oldest son as a nursling, af never showed up. I just noticed some pg signs and bloating and found out that we had amazingly caught the first pp egg. With my daughter nursing, af just showed up one day out of the blue.

I don't know if this was helpful or not, but those are my experiences.

Good luck!

Mom to ds (7/02), dd(2/04), ds (9/07), and dd 9/09
#70 of 393 Old 01-08-2009, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

JorgieGirl ~ After my son i did O from birth to 1st PP AF. But with my daughter i didn't O from her birth til 1st PP AF, and i think the cycle after that i didn't O either. You can see in my charts in my siggy cycle 6 was from my daughters birth til 1st PP AF & cycle#7 was no O also but did O cycle#8 and cycle #17 is from my sons birth til pp af.

#71 of 393 Old 01-08-2009, 01:20 AM

Is it Ok to try Maca while breastfeeding? I had heard it balances your hormones and helps with libido. I thought I wouold give it a try. Anyone else here on it ?

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#72 of 393 Old 01-08-2009, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliesMomma View Post
Hi, i joined awhile back but didn't post much; i'd like to rejoin if i may. i'm 40 with a daughter 2 years 9 months old. she nurses quite a bit. i don't keep count. overnight maybe once or twice, morning for hunger, late morning for boredom sometimes, small bumps and whatnots, comfort nurses, nurses before nap, nurses after nap, ditto the morning for the afternoon, and then nurses before bed.

tonight she told me "empty" and it took me by shock. i am in the 2ww, af should be here by thursday at the latest. i told her to keep nursing anyway and it will come back. she actually told me "pump." i told her that's a good idea and i'll do it tomorrow (we were just nursing to sleep).

so i don't know if that means a) she nursed so much earlier this evening that she used it all up (she did a marathon nursing session for like an hour and a half) b) i'm premenstrual and therefore at "low tide" in terms of milk quantity or c) i'm pregnant.

which brings me to a question: do you all hope to keep nursing when you do get pregnant? i do. i'd welcome any advice from people who kept their kiddos on the breast (didn't wean) while pregnant-- what's the secret to keeping them interested if the milk dries up?

and i'm aware that it can be painful to the mom to nurse while pregnant. assuming i can "take the pain" what can i do if/when i'm pregnant to allow DD to keep going if she wants to? ie., tonight after the "empty" comment, i went downstairs and ate a bunch of oatmeal...

thanks!
Hey there. I nursed my then almost 2 yr old all through pregnancy with our youngest and then went on to tandem. In our case my toddler didn't' mind there being no milk. I explained why, and told him he could still have kies anyway, and he was thrilled to. I know not all kids feel like this. He just loved to nurse though. Then when his baby brother was born, and my milk cam back in, he kept licking and smacking his lips in amazement, it was so funny, he'd forgotten their used ot be milk in there! lol My husband and I still chuckle over the surprised look he had when he first got milk again,and then he was so pleased! lol

I didn't have tenderness and nausea with nursing, but it wasn't unbearable. I do recommend to try Lansinoh for tenderness, I don't know why it seems to work but after baby was born and two nursing I had a lot, and it was great, nad went away very quickly. It's expensive--1o bucks a tube here, but it's a decent sized tube and it lasts a long time, and it's great for rashes, chapped lips and hands, and dry skin as well, so it was an investment Iw as willling ot make ( otherwise i'd be too cheap! lol)

Anyway, I dont' know if that helps but that's how things were for us, in a nutshell.
#73 of 393 Old 01-08-2009, 08:17 AM

Congrats, Jenmn!!! :

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#74 of 393 Old 01-08-2009, 11:49 AM

Hi, I guess I can be taken off the waiting to be ready list. I haven't been posting but I've been lurking and I'm just really torn about TTC #2. Ultimately, with the economy and everything I just don't think it's a good time to think about adding to my family, unfortunately. Hopefully I'll be back by the summer! Good luck and baby dust to all of you!!

Sarah, with 3.5 yo DD Charlotte + brand new baby Eleanor Jane April 28, 2010
#75 of 393 Old 01-08-2009, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Elecampane~

Anyone go from O's the same cd for 3 cycles to O'ing later ?

Going by the few temps i've taken this cycle i haven't O'd yet.

#76 of 393 Old 01-08-2009, 06:16 PM

Bumping us back to the first page.

No news here. I'm trying to decide whether or not to split this cycle, based on a few days of heavy spotting/light bleeding earlier this week. If I do, the crosshairs obviously go away, but based on my temps I am not convinced I o'd anyway.

I had a really grounding conversation with some friends today about TTC while nursing, and am just trying to be patient, and honor the fact that my body is doing everything it can to keep feeding the baby I already have. So many mamas fight for a strong breastfeeding relationship, and it's come so easy to us that I need to step back and be thankful that my body is doing everything that I am asking it to physically, and that is awesome. I will ovulate and have a normal cycle eventually, and it may not be until I wean, and that is okay.

*tapping fingers*
*goes to check FF again*
*makes a note to work on patience*

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#77 of 393 Old 01-08-2009, 06:22 PM

Ivemae-
I'm dealing with the same thing here! My 4th postpartum AF showed up Tuesday. I'm pretty sure I'm cycling but not ovulating and it's frustrating- but I am glad my babe can get all the breastmilk she wants.

Mommy to DD March 2008, DS July 2010
#78 of 393 Old 01-08-2009, 07:38 PM

Just wanted to give you all an update. I had my ultrasound today at 5 weeks 6 days and they were able to see the fetal pole and yoke sac. My fertility doctor was really happy with it and wants me to come back in 2 weeks to see the heartbeat. Hope everyone is doing well.

ultrasound pic:
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1...talpolefh3.jpg

Mom to Mike, Wyatt, Zach, Sean, Kailey and Liam. My family is complete.
#79 of 393 Old 01-08-2009, 07:46 PM

Well no more sign that AF is really here. Just two days of light spotting/old blood, so maybe I'm not quite ready yet. I am going to continue with the Vitex at a very light dose (200mG/day) because as a friend pointed out, there's nothing wrong with trying to bring some balance back to my hormones/body. And of course I'll stop if I see any negative effects on our nursing relationship.

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#80 of 393 Old 01-08-2009, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

ivymae~ your chart looks like O but then again the big drop today way below the cl hmmm.

Amyirene74~ Glad your u/s went well.

AMM~ I can now answer the ? i asked earlier... I got a + opk today... guess that is what i get for assuming that i'd O on cd19 because that is the day it happened for the past 3 cycles. Today is cd 23. Got bases covered from last night.

#81 of 393 Old 01-08-2009, 09:15 PM

Just quickly checking in.... CD15 and still no sign of impending O, gosh this part is so BORING And then I still have the stupid 5 day LP to deal with. Aaargh.

Ok, whine over - who is next to test???

Mama to my beautiful boys (July 07, Jan 10, May 12)  uc.jpg jumpers.gif

#82 of 393 Old 01-08-2009, 11:24 PM

Hi there! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Melissa and DH and I have 2 boys ages 11yrs and 2yrs...still nursing the 2 year old . I'm still waiting to O and really hoping I do as I had trouble getting preggers with DS #2 from not O'ing. GL ladies!!!! :
#83 of 393 Old 01-08-2009, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

~Updated List to here~

Welcome Melissa I added you to waiting to O.

BabyMonster~Why do you think you'll have a 5day LP?

#84 of 393 Old 01-08-2009, 11:34 PM

Thanks Kami!
#85 of 393 Old 01-08-2009, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturalway View Post
Thanks Kami!

No Problem

#86 of 393 Old 01-09-2009, 02:04 AM

I'm still here. I'm actually very excited because I'm on my first pp cycle. I've temped every morning since af showed up - it's so much more motivating when you know that your body's doing something.

I've also started cutting down dd's nursing. I found that a lot of times she was nursing just because she didn't feel like eating other food. It was like she was a picky eater and only really wanted me. I nurse her when she wakes up, in the afternoon and before bed. I nurse her other times too but only after she has eaten something else. It has done a lot for my own sanity. Before, I felt like every time I sat down she wanted to nurse and I was starting to be quite irritated by it. Now, I'm able to enjoy the time that we do spend nursing so much more so that's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen&james View Post
Is it Ok to try Maca while breastfeeding? I had heard it balances your hormones and helps with libido. I thought I wouold give it a try. Anyone else here on it ?
I've tried vitex and maca. I can't really say if either one really helped a lot. I think that out of any supplements I've tried, the red clover has helped the most. In November I started using digestive enzymes and I also used a product to help eliminate toxins (I didn't want them all going into my breastmilk). Anyway, within a few days I started noticing some CM (the first since DD was born two years before). Red clover was one of the ingredients in the supplement. So then I ordered some red clover. I started taking it in December and on December 30 had my first ppaf. I won't say that it's all because of the red clover - dd turned 2 in November so af was long overdue as far as I'm concerned. I just think that it was interesting that signs of my fertility returning began after I started having a supplement with red clover. I'm actually surprised that more people don't talk about it. I've seen on a couple different site that it's suppose to be very good for increasing fertility.

I guess we'll see.

Gillian - Wife to an amazing DH, Mother to 4 wonderful kiddos . . . and now another on the way.
#87 of 393 Old 01-09-2009, 02:05 AM

Hi all,

I'm checking in. I'm CD 19 and ovulating (I think , though have to wait for temp rise to confirm). So, I guess I'm in waiting to ovulate?

I'm have a LP of only 5 days for the last two cycles . I have been taking vitex, B vits and epo and really hope that they lengthen it out this cycle.

Good luck to everyone this month!

#88 of 393 Old 01-09-2009, 02:12 AM

I'm back. Do you think you could change me over to Waiting to O? AF is here today.

Why can't I get pregnant? we're buying opk's this month. Hey, does anyone know is an 11d lp long enough to hold a pregnancy?

Danielle, wife to John, mama to Valley9.24.07
expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
#89 of 393 Old 01-09-2009, 02:45 AM - Thread Starter

~updated list to here~

Grahnola Mum~ Hope you end up with a longer LP this cycle

Danielle13~ sorry af found you. If i remember right 11 is okay its 9 and under that is not good.

#90 of 393 Old 01-09-2009, 03:31 AM

Holy this thread moves way too fast for me!!
I'm still here, 12 dpo. I'm testing on Sunday if AF doesn't arrive. I think my milk supply dropped (again : ) Maybe DD is just being cranky, but I'm having a hard time getting her to settle on the breast. I'm already supplementing her because I can't keep my supply even close to what she needs so I really hope this is just a weird temporary (and short) phase.

: mama to my busy girl : in march
Always watched over: :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page