Nursing Mamas TTC January- Roll Call Please Check In - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-10-2009, 10:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel32brown View Post
If I understand your question correctly: the answer is nope.

Your cycle goes like this menstrual flow, follicle building, ovulation, luteal phase, and then starts over again if there is no fertilization with implantation.

I love Fertility friend. It's factual, helpful, and if you need a recommendation for a free trial, just let me know. Your particular stage when you can most likely get pregnant is usually 3 days before ovulation, all the way including ovulation day. Once you ovulate, there's a matter of a few hours before it's game over in most cases, so you really have to have the sperm waiting for the egg.

There's a tutorial on Fertility Friend that will provide you with some really great information, and you'll find that it makes more sense in interpreting your own signs and your own chart. BEST of luck to you!
Ok, thanks. Yes that fertility friend helped clear some things up. I guess I'm just waiting for my first O pp....I hope it comes soon. DD is 10months and I really wanted them to be less than 2 yrs apart--although its a slim shot now. And since I haven't had my first PP AF yet, I just wish there was a way to tell when I'm about to ovulate. I'm sure many mamas can relate to that, though or we wouldn't be in this perdicament. . I'll just keep jumpin' DH's bones and hope I catch the first egg! I'm taking Vitex & Primrose Oil (plus my prenatal, Acai, greens, and tons of Omegas) Well, thanks for the reply and support. I'll keep reading and learning and trying !lol

~*Christine*~ Yoga Teaching, Soul Searching, , Nature loving, AP'in, co-sleepin', cloth on tha bum and breast milk in the tum, loving my amazing Daniel and Sophia (my water birth baby) !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2009, 02:16 AM

Hi hi! Oh boy, I guess I'll jump in here... ahh, I'm a bit nervous to be considering this again but here I am. I haven't had a real ppaf yet but starting on 12/24 I had three days of spotting, old blood. I now have ewcm and my cervix is high, open and soft - I think I may be ovulating!!! I have had signs of gearing up to O for 4 months now, but the babe just nightweaned so I think that may be doing it for me. Like many of you I am a wee bit torn about considering a second kiddo at this point so I am not going to take any extra measures besides tracking my fertility and enjoying my husband. We'll see what happens. Good luck all!

ETA: I guess you can put me in waiting to O, hopefully I'll have a temp shift and move to the TWW soon.

J+B = Little G (1/08) and baby S (1/10)
Old 01-11-2009, 02:19 AM

Can I join in? My dd is 12mos and she still nurses around the clock. AF returned a few months ago. I am waiting to test Jan 18 and I am not to hopeful.

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

Old 01-11-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post
Welcome Veronika01
I put you under Waiting to O
Thank you! :
Old 01-11-2009, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Updated List to here

Welcome BeccaBaby1, ldsmom06

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 01-11-2009, 06:15 PM

Hi there mamas...I am freaking out. I have a thread up about this, but thought I'd ask here too (I hope that is ok)....does anyone have experience with a uterine prolapse? My cervix is at the opening of my vagina. I am really worried about this. I am calling my OB first thing in the morning, but I am so worried this will affect my fertility, or that I will have to have a hysterectomy or something terrible (that is what I am reading online...man sometimes I hate the internet!)

me, dd1, dd2, ds, and #4 due March 1. dbf has 2 of his own, so it will be an adventure!

i like making things. 

Old 01-12-2009, 03:00 AM

Well, I'm in the tww!! I'm 99.9% sure I ovulated this morning! So tomorrow is 1dpo...I plan on testing on the 19th (8dpo). I got a faint positive with my second son at 8dpo, and well, I just like to pee on sticks!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 12:30 PM

Hello to all the new people!

It is a blue Monday for me...just feeling pretty low about ever seeing aother positive hpt. I had a positive OPK on the 30th, but now I'm wondering if I ever really ended up ovulating. I should be about 13 dpo, but am feeling no signs of anything. No af signs, no pg signs, zippo! So frustrating.

Hope everybody else is having a much better day!

Mom to ds (7/02), dd(2/04), ds (9/07), and dd 9/09
Old 01-12-2009, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List to here

skydancer~ When are you going to test? if you think you are 13dpo.

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 01-12-2009, 09:55 PM

Highland Mum,
that sounds so scary. I don't know anything about it but I will keep you in my prayers. Let us know.

Wife to Bear - Mom to DS 7, gifted with SPD and DD 2, a Joybunny!
Old 01-12-2009, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

highlandmum` Hope you got some answers from your OB today.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:02 AM

So this is more of the official TTC month for us. I am feeling pretty crazy right now hoping that life will turn out for the best. I hate the idea of putting off children just because of a hazy future : ie the economy.

I am sure I am not alone in this feeling. So I just hope I am making the right decision. Best wishes to everyone on their journey.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:59 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
My chart is predicting me to O tomorrow on CD 19, but I have had NO signs of Oing. I had some EW several days ago, but it went away. (I haven't been actively checking for CM, just noticing if it's here or not.) And then my temps are being all weird. Depending on which ones I discard, I can make my chart think that I O'd on several of the past 4-5 days. LOL Hopefully I'll O sometime this week, though.

In other news, DH got laid off today. He did stop by the union and they said he might get another job this week, but they don't have a crystal ball or anything. In the meantime, he is eligible for unemployment so he filed for that, so that'll help some.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J, G
Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiestever View Post
I hate the idea of putting off children just because of a hazy future : ie the economy.

I am sure I am not alone in this feeling.
You are not at all alone. We are moving into a (much) smaller house, and still planning on having a baby in the next year (oh please oh please oh please) because we know that we can provide for our children the important things: Home, love, comfort and pride. I was raised by a single mom, and never knew I was poor until I was told I was. It takes a lot more than money to raise a child, and I hope my children know how rich they have made me. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
In other news, DH got laid off today. He did stop by the union and they said he might get another job this week, but they don't have a crystal ball or anything. In the meantime, he is eligible for unemployment so he filed for that, so that'll help some.
I'm so sorry you are facing this. The last thing you need is this kind of stress. I hope you have good news soon. s

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
Old 01-13-2009, 04:23 AM

could you move me to waiting to o please

af just ended. come on O!!

Danielle, wife to John, mama to Valley9.24.07
expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
Old 01-13-2009, 07:21 AM

Hi, I'm new here! I am 34 years old and have a newly turned three year old daughter who LOVES her nursies. She is nursing anywhere from 8 to 16 times a day and about 1200 times all night long.

I don't have my period back yet, however, we'd love to start trying to have another child soon ... my clock is ticking and all that jazz. Plus, I'd love for Adeline to be close in age to her sibling. Am I out of luck with no AF and the amount of times she is nursing (really, at night it can be anywhere from 5 times to 20 times)? We are so ready for another baby ... and I think Addie is ready for a sibling as well. But I just can't bring myself to do anything to take away the comfort and nutrition she receives from nursing. And I love nursing her as much as she does! Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!! I was thinking of getting some ovulation tests, but would that be fruitless with me having no AF yet??

I'd consider seeing a doctor about my possibilities, but I know the first thing they will tell me is to wean my little girl ... and that's just not an option for us.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:02 AM

s harmony. Thinking of you and your family.

paint-the-moon, three years seems like a long time to have no periods, but if your daughter is still nursing quite a lot, that may be her way and your body's way of making sure that she gets what she needs right now. If I were in your shoes and really wanting another baby, I would start with limiting nighttime nursing and see what happened. You might need to cut down on your DD's nursing sessions without weaning her in order to regain your fertility.

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
Old 01-13-2009, 11:08 AM

Thanks for the hugs mamas....I actually don't know that much yet. My appt yesterday was incomplete due to my OB not quite being able to fit me in and I need some ultrasounds, etc....so I am going back today (in about 15 minutes!). I am just so worried and stressed, and I am in pain! I am so upset. Why did this happen right when we were ttc again?? UGH
Thanks for the hugs though

me, dd1, dd2, ds, and #4 due March 1. dbf has 2 of his own, so it will be an adventure!

i like making things. 

Old 01-13-2009, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List to here

Happiestever~ I put you under waiting to O since you didn't say where you are at in your cycle.

paint-the-moon ~ I put you under waiting to catch first pp egg.

Harmony96~

Old 01-13-2009, 02:53 PM

Hugs to all the moms that need them.

I think I have AF again. And just a little overdue based on my O guess. I'm getting a new basal therm after work though, because not knowing for sure if I Oed and if this is AF or just hormones being wonky is driving me mad. Same thing happened when we TTCed my son. I was not going to temp, just go with the flow, and then I would go batty around AF time. What can I say - I'm a knowlegde junkie.
Also, 1 new basal therm is more cost effective than the zillion tests I use as I wonder "did I miss AF or not...?"
So, please add me to waiting to O

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
Old 01-13-2009, 03:36 PM

This might be a really silly question (I'm really new to all ths) but If I O'ed and then got preggo, would an ovulation test detect my LH surge still? Or would it come up negative?

~*Christine*~ Yoga Teaching, Soul Searching, , Nature loving, AP'in, co-sleepin', cloth on tha bum and breast milk in the tum, loving my amazing Daniel and Sophia (my water birth baby) !
Old 01-13-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attachedmom View Post
This might be a really silly question (I'm really new to all ths) but If I O'ed and then got preggo, would an ovulation test detect my LH surge still? Or would it come up negative?
Good explanation here: http://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
Old 01-13-2009, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

updated list to here

attachedmom~ Yes it can. But it needs to be as + as if you were gonna O + looking. My chart cycle 14 i misjudged my O date becuase missing temps and was taking opks after 5days of +'s i took a hpt on what was really 14dpo and got a nice dark line. The ovulation tests i used were Target brand.

Lit Chick~ on AF finding you.

AAM~ Ugg i went and bought Answer 20test strips because i was doubting i O'd yet and i got a + , when i had a + on cd23 &24 with the midsteam answer opks guess i should have tempted the whole cycle dang it.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:24 PM

Ok, got it. Thanks!
I wissssshhhhh AF would come !!!
I'm taking Vitex AND Maca and PO LOL

Old 01-13-2009, 04:44 PM

Back from the OB--stage 2 uterine prolapse OB says I will still be able to conceive and taht I should put every effort into it (like I'm not) because we can't do anything about the prolapse until I'm done having kids....and then he'll recommend a vaginal hystorectomy I'm browsing the POPs thread though and getting some good advice.....Let's just hope I get pregnant soon!!!! I should be Oing tomorrow or the next day....

i like making things. 

Old 01-13-2009, 05:01 PM

I think we caught the first egg!! I know I have posted my saga this month already, but here is the whole thing again with the thrilling conclusion:

I felt like my body had been gearing up for ovulation since October. After waiting month after month with nothing happening, in December I decided I would at least try an OPK for a month to see if that gave me any info. Well, for OPKs, I tested negative on the 28th, positive on the 30th and negative on the 31st, so I assumed that I ovulated on the 30th. We dtd on the 30th and 31st (tmi?- sorry, I'm just so excited). After that, I felt nothing...not even signs of af. I was also pretty disheartened to find out that a positive OPK does not always mean ovulation. Last night, confused because I had no signs of anything, I decided to pee on the only stick in the house- an OPK. It turned positive! So, I decided it could be one of two things...either I hadn't really ovulated before and my body was trying again or I was pg. So I tested today and got this:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...1/100_1597.jpg

Do you think it can really be true???

Mom to ds (7/02), dd(2/04), ds (9/07), and dd 9/09
Old 01-13-2009, 05:04 PM

Skydancer, congratulations!!! That is SO awesome!!! Congrats on your BFP!!!
Old 01-13-2009, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I think I O'd yesterday.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J, G
Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

skydancer~ CONGRATS!!!!:::

Old 01-13-2009, 06:44 PM

2ww nursing my 2 year old son...

Alexander 2-15-07
Lirum 3-17-10

User Tag List