RTT
saoirse2007
mama*pisces
acupuncturemomma
Amyirene74
ladylove

January Thread Hostess: SoCaliMommy

Please put all changes in bold

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#2 of 393 Old 01-01-2009, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hope everyone had a Happy New Year. Sorry for getting the thread up a little late.

What's everyone's new years resolution ?

Ours is to hopefully buy a house this year.

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#3 of 393 Old 01-01-2009, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello! Can I join?!

I'm danielle mama to 15 month old nursling Valley! who nurses 4x a day and 8000x a night

this is month 5 of ttc, but first official month because the other 4 were "trying not to try". yah, that didn't work

I'm on cd 4 so could you please add me to the 2WW group

we might not suceed this month either because TMI...the possition wasn't conducive to getting pregnant.

anyways. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better, though no offense but I hope my stay is short . And I'm hoping to moving to a ddc with some of you soon!

Danielle

Danielle, wife to John, mama to Valley9.24.07
expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
#4 of 393 Old 01-01-2009, 05:06 PM

Welcome Danielle13

I think I am finally ready to be moved to 2WW?!?!

I began using an OPK (clear blue easy) even though I have not had my first pp af. I felt that my body was gearing up for something and was frustrated by the lack of knowledge about what was going on. The first few tests were negative during the 3-10 minute window but had a very dark but thin line later. Does anybody know if this is normal for this brand?

Then on the 30th, I got a definite positive...in all my collective years of ttc, that is the first one that I'm actually sure was positive. I almost took a picture because I was so happy to see it!! Last night, just to check, I took another and it was negative again, so I'm assuming I had my LH surge. Oddly enough, I had a lot of cm on the 30th too...I NEVER have that as a sign of ovulation!!

I'm still in a state of denial and won't believe I actually o'ed until af shows or I get a bfp. Has anybody ever had a positive OPK but no result afterward (neither bfp nor af)? Is that possible? I just want to be prepared for a false alarm, you know?

Thanks! I hope everybody is starting off the new year well!

Mom to ds (7/02), dd(2/04), ds (9/07), and dd 9/09
#5 of 393 Old 01-01-2009, 07:35 PM

Hi Mamas! Happy January.

Skydancer, if it was a really clear OPK, then I expect you really ovulated. Good luck! I've never heard of a +OPK and then nothing.:

So, here's whats going on for me. DS has been waking alot more at night again suddenly, like every 2 hours and then every 30mins after 4am. If I turn my back to him (because my arm is numb!) he wakes and wants to nurse. Honestly, it's part of being a nursing mom that I am totally fine with, I want to be generous in spirit with him with his nighttime needs, he is a high needs guy and I get that.

So, the only thing (besides wondering why he's doing this at almost 3) that gets in the way is worrying about TTC. Like, every "extra" nursing might shorten my LP by just too much, etc. I don't feel like I'm in that acceptance place I'd like to be, like when he is ready, my cycle will be ready....

Now, all that said, my cycle has been getting more and more regular. 10 and 11day LPs, which is not much shorter than they were before I had him.

So...just wanted to put that out there. I hate feeling like I am being "stingy" with the breast, KWIM?

Wife to Bear - Mom to DS 7, gifted with SPD and DD 2, a Joybunny!
#6 of 393 Old 01-01-2009, 08:39 PM

I think today is ovulation day ( CD 12, based on ferning, high and open cervix, eggwhites and the OMG need to jump my husband) but we'll see. This is only my second PP cycle, so I don't have a ton of cycles to compare it to yet.

My new years resolution is just to be more present, especially with my girls. It's such an easy gift to give, but one that is also so easy to overlook.

Also, ovulatory spotting seems to be part of my new cycle, since it's happened the last two (and only PP) cycles. Just stringy brown tints in with eggwhite, which TCOYF defines as 'very fertile'. I'll hold you to that Ms. Weschler!

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#7 of 393 Old 01-01-2009, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

~~~~Updated List to here~~~~

Welcome Danielle13

Skydancer~ : on the + opk.

pitchfork ~ That's good your LP's are getting into a steady pattern.

ivymae ~ : on impending O.

AAM- I keep going back and forth about having #3. Should be Oing this weekend.

#8 of 393 Old 01-01-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydancer View Post
I'm still in a state of denial and won't believe I actually o'ed until af shows or I get a bfp.
I am the same way. I didn't use any opks during my last patch of fertile cm because it had happened so many times in the last three months with BFN's I didn't even bother. Imagine my shock when my temp jumped almost 1/2 degree C. I'm 5 dpo now and I still don't really believe it. Before DD I had 13 day lp, so I guess I'll know in a little over a week one way or another.

: mama to my busy girl : in march
Always watched over: :
#9 of 393 Old 01-02-2009, 01:23 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Subbing. I forgot that there was a new thread. I had some company in town the past few days. Then tomorrow it's back to my big giant decluttering to-do list.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products 9/1/14! Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#10 of 393 Old 01-02-2009, 11:34 AM

Happy January everyone!

I had EWCM a week ago, so perhaps this is my body trying to get back into the swing of things. We didn't DTD, so no chance of a BFP, but I'm hopeful my cycles are returning soon.

Best of luck in the New Year to everyone!
#11 of 393 Old 01-02-2009, 01:00 PM

Here's a post from Amy from the December thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyirene74 View Post
Could find this months so I am posting here. Does anyone know anything about beta numbers? My beta today was WAY higher than 4 days ago. It's doubling every 1.31 days.

Here are my betas:

12 dpo: 13
14 dpo: 50
16 dpo: 102
20 dpo: 842

I wonder why the jump in numbers...
Hm, weird. The 102 doesn't seem to fit the "pattern" for me but even when I used the 50 and the 842 it still was doubling every 1.5 days. I've heard that the rate of doubling can indicate multiples (rather than the absolute hCG value). Are you going to have an u/s soon?

Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#12 of 393 Old 01-02-2009, 02:56 PM

Hey there!!! Happy New Year!!

I need to be put back in WAITING TO O, please! Thanks so much. Someone must've forgot.

Amyirene~
Have your betas been drawn at the same time every day? Because if not, that could account for the difference in the pattern. Also, high than normal betas and doubling fast than 48 hours can sometimes mean multiples!!! (Not always, just sometimes...) And, I don't want to scare you but there is some that say higher numbers can show and ectopic. But that's controversial. Good luck! How exciting!

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

#13 of 393 Old 01-02-2009, 04:19 PM

The earlier levels were drawn around 10:30 in the morning and the one from yesterday was at about 7 pm in the ER cause I was so constipated that I was having abdominal pain. They did do an ultrasound but since my hcg level wasn't quite high enough they couldn't see anything. Although she did say she thought she may have saw something but couldn't be certain. My dr said that he was pleased with my numbers. As far as ectopic he said that usually it would have a slower doubling rate so he was encouraged. Right now my doubling time is 34.48 hours according to betabase if I use the 102 and the 842. That is a good rate. I am a bit worried about multiples but as long as it or they are healthy I am happy. I go in on Thursday to have my regular ultrasound done. I will let everyone know how that turns out.

Oh and the average doubling times for single, twin and triplett pregnancies for my hcg levels:

Single 102- 37.44
Single 842- 40.51
Twin 102-35.85
Twin 842- 40.64
Triplet 102-34.07
Triplet 842-39.57

Hoping to hear about a bunch of January BFP's!!

Mom to Mike, Wyatt, Zach, Sean, Kailey and Liam. My family is complete.
#14 of 393 Old 01-02-2009, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

SparklingGemini ~ I moved you to waiting to O

I figured this would be a good time to do roll call and remove the people that joined and now don't post

#15 of 393 Old 01-02-2009, 04:55 PM

I'm here, and TWWing. I'm new at this (DD was an oops), so I'm anxiously noticing every abdominal twinge and wondering what's going on. No plan to test early - AF is due around the 6th. If I don't see her by the 8th, then I'll POAS.

I haven't posted much, but I'm lurking lots and keeping my fingers crossed for everyone. Hope we have a fruitful January!

Kristal: Now an at-home mama to my Doodle and my Roo and partner to my love .
15/52 craft projects completed in 2010.
#16 of 393 Old 01-02-2009, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Kritto~ :for your this 2ww:

#17 of 393 Old 01-02-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post

SparklingGemini ~ I moved you to waiting to O

I figured this would be a good time to do roll call and remove the people that joined and now don't post

Thanks SO much! I'm going to try to be better about posting now that all my Holiday festivities are over and my company is gone!

Kritto~Good luck, good luck! I love the 2WW for other people...it's so exciting! Not so much when you are the one waiting!

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

#18 of 393 Old 01-02-2009, 06:50 PM

Me, me! I'm here!

Welcome Danielle! I've been reading about your night-time troubles with dear little Valley on other threads... How's it going? I wish you luck in your TTC journey, and : that #2 lets you get a bit more sleep.

Skydancer, that sounds like a positive OPK to me! I've only used them for one cycle so far, but it was cool to see that obvious dark line. Good luck!

Pitchfork -- Wow! Sounds like my son, but he's 18 mo. You're very patient! Is there any more teeth he could be getting? (I'm afraid I don't know what comes after two-year molars, if anything, but I suspect eye teeth are making my ds nurse more right now.) Maybe a growth spurt or other developmental thing? Either way, I really hope it doesn't affect your TTC... That would stink.

Sounds promising, Ivymae! Go get busy!

Ooooo! Sounds like maybe multiples for you, Amyirene!! I'll be waiting to hear how the ultrasound goes next week. :

Good luck to Kritto, and everyone else in the 2WW!

AFM, I'm on CD4 and just waiting for AF to be done so we can start trying again. I'm really hopeful for this month -- I've wanted an October baby for a while now. I love the fall, and October would evenly space our birthday months. What can I say? I'm weird. Besides conceiving #2, my New Year's resolution is to make use of the many scrapbooking supplies I've been collecting over the past year and get some projects done, starting with my son's first year album. It would be nice to have that done (or at least started!) before he turns two. And the usual ones about eating better, exercising more, and so on. Ho hum!

Kerry, wife to Chris and SAHM to Liam Michael Orion (06/29/07), Jonah Phoenix (10/07/09), and Naomi Lyra (09/15/13)!!
#19 of 393 Old 01-02-2009, 07:15 PM

I'm new to the TTC game, so not sure where I should be on the list. Just started temping and charting, had a faint positive and two BFNs (digital one this am), so we're certain that we're not pregnant now and think it may have been a chem preg, since I had some symptoms that don't normally show up otherwise. So now we're waiting for AF to show up, should be next week (CD24 now), and then starting the cycle over again.

No New Year's resolutions for us. Sorry, we're boring.
#20 of 393 Old 01-02-2009, 09:11 PM

Pitchfork- I sometimes catch myself thinking that every nursing session may be 'the one' to delay ttc longer. My son is much younger (16 months), so there is nothing I choose to do about his on demand nursing. The only thing I do to make myself feel better is to make sure I am eating in a healthy and plentiful way (I tend to be underweight). Somehow I feel that this evens the score (probably not, but as long as it makes sense in my own mind, it works, right?)

ivymae- Yeah for ovulation!! Hopefully that very fertile cm will live up to its name!

Natalie's Mama- I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't trust those OPKs. Do you have plans to test before af or do you typically wait?

Kritto-Wow! From an outsiders view, your tww is nearing the end (I know-to you it is probably creeping by)! Good luck!!

Bromache- Excellent goals this year! I have always admired the scrapbooks of others...I just never made it to actually making my own. I think it is wonderful that you will be almost able to relive that special first year while you work on it!

As for my resolutions...I want to keep up with the organization in my house, not put off those little jobs that I just don't want to do (recaulking the tub anyone?), and make some beautiful memories with my husband and children. Oh yeah, and shower on a more regular basis (tmi, perhaps?!?!? Ewwwww!)

#21 of 393 Old 01-02-2009, 09:37 PM

SkyDancer- I'm going to try and wait until the 11th, but I usually get antsy around 10 dpo. So far I feel good though, so we'll see.

#22 of 393 Old 01-02-2009, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Turkish Kate ~ I put you under waiting to o
on the faint +'s then the - this morning

Kerry~I think it'd be fun to have a halloween baby.

#23 of 393 Old 01-03-2009, 01:44 AM

I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions. I always break them by about... now.

DH and DD and I get to go over to someone's house tomorrow morning for their "famous" pancakes. Their DD is 13 and LOVES our DD, so it should be some fun times.

#24 of 393 Old 01-03-2009, 02:25 AM

The last week with the 12 month old has been a keen reminder of what having a newborn is like, so I'm thinking she is trying to thwart our plans.

If I manage to O this cycle, I'd amazed considering how high maintenance she has been. I love my girl, but really, I would be okay just seeing her once or twice a night, rather than every 15 minutes. I'm not sure if we need to reevaluate our cosleeping, or if it could just be teething, but I'm just walking around all day muttering "It's just a phase, she won't be doing this when she is 12". And if she is, then maybe she WON'T get to be a big sister.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#25 of 393 Old 01-03-2009, 01:11 PM

I'm still here lurking I am still waiting for my body to O but it keeps giving me false starts so it can't be too far off. Last week I had lots of fertile CM and then it went away and this week it's back with breast soreness so I think my body is trying to get going I am hoping to be pregnant by summer Anyway you can keep me at waiting to catch first PP egg

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#26 of 393 Old 01-03-2009, 03:32 PM

: AF found me today. Guess that means you can move me back over to Waiting to O. *sigh* Really I'm not surprised that it didn't happen this cycle, as Dec. was CRAZY for us, and we were trying to squeeze in frolics at rather inopportune times. Here's hoping this cycle will be more mellow, laid-back and fun!

Kristal: Now an at-home mama to my Doodle and my Roo and partner to my love .
15/52 craft projects completed in 2010.
#27 of 393 Old 01-03-2009, 06:22 PM

Oh no!! So sorry, Kritto. I was hoping this would be your month!

#28 of 393 Old 01-03-2009, 07:55 PM

Hi mamas! I am still waiting to catch the first PP egg, but I did get my Vitex this week and started it on January 1st. Can someone help me with safe dosage for bf'ing? I've read that low dosages will increase supply - which is what I'm going for. My bottle says 200 mg, and I've only taken one each day.

Last night I had a dream that I started my period, so I hope that's a sign my body is getting ready to gear up for some baby makin'.

New Year's resolutions: dh and I were talking about this and he said "to get you pregnant!"

I said mine is to be more loving and patient with dh, and to do something fun/educational/out of the ordinary with ds every day. So far I've managed to do both

Good luck to all of you this month!!

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#29 of 393 Old 01-03-2009, 08:17 PM

Happy New Year!! I am officially TTC. Having really weird bleeding this month though. Got Af 12/15 then started spotting 12/26 and yesterday started full on bleeding again. I usually have 31-34 day cycles. WTF?? DS nurses a couple times a day and a ton at night. He's teething right now so maybe nursing more at night than usual but I don't know if that would cause this unexpected bleeding. I need help!! Once you get the idea of TTC you want to do it right away KWIM?!! I wasn't planning for irregular cycles!!

Best of luck to everyone in the new year!!
#30 of 393 Old 01-03-2009, 10:46 PM

MahnaMahna- I was taking two pills of Vitex a day. It did wonders for my supply for a while. I'm way back down now though, don't know what happened. I'm pretty sure I o'd too, so it really did it's job!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page